cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$35 promo and waiting for a SIM card

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m interested in coming back to Public Mobile with one of the new Black Friday promos. Problem is I live in a town that doesn’t have any stores nearby that I can get a sim. If I order one it might take a week to get to me so I’m wondering if I’d still be able to get the promo rate once it gets here or if anyone knows how long the deals will last? I don’t want to order one and then the deal is gone before it gets here haha. 

thanks! 

9 REPLIES 9

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ben10nnery wrote:

I’m interested in coming back to Public Mobile with one of the new Black Friday promos. Problem is I live in a town that doesn’t have any stores nearby that I can get a sim. If I order one it might take a week to get to me so I’m wondering if I’d still be able to get the promo rate once it gets here or if anyone knows how long the deals will last? I don’t want to order one and then the deal is gone before it gets here haha. 

thanks! 

@ben10nnery  Here's a workaround:

1. send me a private message indicating you want to follow through with this plan
  2. I will send you a SIM card code that you can use to activate with the Black Friday promo
  3. Once activated, login to your account and suspend service
  4. Notify me and I will mail the SIM to you, or you can wait for an online order to ship.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

They are usually good with this type of thing and if you can show a paper trail of doing everything you can to get it ASAP to get the special I believe they would honour it since you were doing this in good faith, double check with a CSA to get it in writing!

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ben10nnery I ordered the SIM card last weeks. It arrived in 3 days. I in Markham (Ontario).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ben10nnery   check the announcement post again, usually it has an link you can submit your email and the activate on a later date

or get it from Amazon, it is quicker and more reliable

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB

But, worst case, Christmas is coming, I expect more good deals coming

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ben10nnery  Do you know anyone that lives near a store that could purchase you a sim?.. get them to buy it send you the sim info.. set it up.. then they can mail you the SIM card..

ThatPug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've discovered as a new customer that they seem to be chained to what the site states, and they have very specific unbending tools to deal with issues, so I wouldn't bet on them honoring something like that unfortunately.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ben10nnery , it might be chancing it waiting for the online order to ship.  But then again, the announcements do suggest customers can order SIM cards online.  I would think that exceptions would be available to customers who have prolonged shipping times for SIM cards.  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@ben10nnery You can send private message to CS_agent asking how long the deal will last. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That's a valid concern, @ben10nnery 

It's a too bad there is not a Telus or Koodo booth nearby.

Double check here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

EDIT:  I would guess since they're offering this option, if you enter your email address for the promotion and proceed to order a SIM card they WILL honor the special.  They know that not all customers are within a reasonable driving distance to all storefront locations where a SIM can be purchased 

Need Help? Let's chat.