cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 Can/US plan now for existing customers!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Start the car...

1000011184.png

75 REPLIES 75

@Koa Ignore it. That's a standard message that goes out to everyone (though it doesn't seem to get sent consistently, every time). If your plan includes US roaming, that text doesn't apply.

Koa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!  I am on the US and Canada plan and got this text upon landing  - Public Mobile here. Welcome to USA! You will need a U.S. Roaming Add-On to use your phone. Customers using Roaming Add-Ons may experience differences in coverage and service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) due to certain U.S. carrier 3G network shutdowns. Go https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ for Add-On

Anyone know what I need to do. I don’t want to pay for another $30 if it’s not working. I checked the phone list and my iPhone 11 should work?  

need help please

Hi @Koa ,

This plan noted in the original post of this thread is no longer available, but there is another Canada/US plan that is $39 for 60GB.

Yes, phone calls from the US to the US and Canada are included. As are incoming calls while in the US, and calls to the US from Canada. It also includes unlimited text messages and 60GB of data, which also works in the US and Canada.

Do note that for phone calls to work in the US you need a phone that is on Public Mobile's VoLTE list:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Koa

Hi Denny - does it mean that while I am in the US I can call to a US number - this gives me roaming in the US?

Sach1

Just ignore that message 

kaphaline

Same experience here - took effect at renewal date

Johnsbed

O you should be good. I got the same message just from travelling to a different state in the US. 

JCDean

No. If you have the Can-US plan it’s already included. I got the same message and just ignored it.

Lin2

I subscribed to this plan, went to the US today and received a text asking if I wanted a US roaming add on. Is this necessary with the CAN/US phone plan?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry you missed the deal and your chance is very slim if you plead to the agent! Unfortunately I tried to get the $29/month 20 gbs data and failed. On the other hand, if you wait and check just like I did you might get a good deal one day!

@Tmcb This plan stopped being offered in March 5th. The current offering is the same, except it no longer includes US roaming. If you want a Can/US plan, the cheapest option is $39 right now.

1000011445.png

Tmcb

How do I switch to this plan?

@DDM69 Nope, just watching the website and the community. I don't think I've ever seen them proactively market cheaper plans. Only if it's an increase in spend for you, and even then I'm not sure how often they actually do that.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you receive an email or text advertising the deal?  I had email access but received nothing ☹️

@DDM69 Highly unlikely. No different than being home and missing it. Can't hurt to try, but I'd say your chances are pretty much zero. The $39 Can/US plan is still a great deal though.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi folks. I was out of the Country for 2 weeks and missed this promo. I’m already on a different $34 plan. Would a CS agent still honour this switch?  Has anyone heard if this is possible?

Thanks

Absolutely! From the lowest $15/month 3g speed and all higher plans onward. I used to have the $25/month 3g speed and it had all of what you mentioned!

hi @ztraz 

yes, it includes caller id, call forward, voicemail and conf. calling

@ztraz Yes it does. All PM plans do.

ztraz

Does this still include caller id, voice mail, etc...?

Thanks kind of you to let me know, although this is the best price I have seen for 5g 50gbs!

TarValon

I know the service is good in Christina Lake, Grand Forks, Castlegar, Trail, etc (ie the towns), but up on some of the mountain passes (e.g. the Paulson) you'll lose reception for a bit.

JCDean

According to what I read it’s included.

JCDean

I just signed up from Arizona and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for your info!

It is alright we all get nervous when we see amazing limited time promotions! Happy for you!

Pete973

If you chose to start the plan on your next renewal date, as opposed to immediately, and confirmed the change that plan disappears from the list. When you first confirm the change you can see the new plan info, but when you leave and log back in it's not there. Exactly the same thing happened to me, but the subscription change took effect on my renewal date. If you don't want to take my word for it and want to make sure ... start a Public Mobile chat, ask for confirmation that the subscription change will take effect, and they'll create a ticket and answer your question

Pete973

Yes, great deal but only available until March 4'th, so hurry if you want it!  ... Other great Canada/USA plans also, depending on how much you want to spend and how many GB you need ... $40 for 75GB and $50 for 100GB, both Canada/USA.

rmillban17

You're right!!!! I see it. Duh. So sorry to waste your time!

Need Help? Let's chat.