cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2gb Data stopped working randomly.

Ciyaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

A few days ago, my data stopped working randomly, i got a text saying i used up 100% of my data while doing nothing data intensive. I checked my account details and noticed that my account shows i have only used around 300mb of data while i should have 2gb for the month. Also my account is showing that i do not have a data plan anymore, any ideas as to why this could happen? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Ciyaz

I dont see that line, i think that must be the answer. Thank you

@Ciyaz wrote:

Hey there,

I found out that I was actually on the 250mb($15cad) data plan but had some add ons that let me go to 2gb, but for some reason that has stopped and now i am limited to 250mb(sorry didnt mean 300mb meant 250 in my post). Not sure what happened to limit this.

If you login to My Account, do yo see a line:

$0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on     xxx/ 2048MB

If you don't see such line, that mean you have used up the holiday bonus.  That was a one time offer from last Christmas.  Likely you have to control you data usage or you will need to consider getting Data add-on or upgrade your plan 

@Ciyaz wrote:

Hey there,

I found out that I was actually on the 250mb($15cad) data plan but had some add ons that let me go to 2gb, but for some reason that has stopped and now i am limited to 250mb(sorry didnt mean 300mb meant 250 in my post). Not sure what happened to limit this.

@Ciyaz 

That makes more sense.  Data add ons are one time only.  Unused data does roll over to next month.  You probably used up all the data from your add ons (possibly from Christmas free data give aways) and from now on, you will get 250 mb per month.  

Ciyaz

Hey there,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ciyaz wrote:

Hello,

A few days ago, my data stopped working randomly, i got a text saying i used up 100% of my data while doing nothing data intensive. I checked my account details and noticed that my account shows i have only used around 300mb of data while i should have 2gb for the month.

So, your phone may have a data limiter or warning set to ping you when you reached a limit set on your device. Check your settings for this.

As @Dunkman posted...Plans are 30 days, not monthly so if your phone is to match your renewal date, you will need to adjust it each time or download an app to track by 30 days.

Also my account is showing that i do not have a data plan anymore, any ideas as to why this could happen? Thanks

Do you mean you do NOT see your Plan DATA line listed?

I thought you said above "my account shows i have only used around 300mb of data". So that is a bit confusing?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ciyaz wrote:

I checked my account details and noticed that my account shows i have only used around 300mb of data while i should have 2gb for the month.

you see a line about data and showing something like 300/ 2048 mb?

Are you on Android?  A quick and easy way to track how much you have use in the current cycle is to go into the Data Usage, set the start date of the cycle to match the start date of your current PM cycle.  Then you will see it quickly how much you have use and what app was using that. 

Something similar to this:

Android-DataLimit.png

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ciyaz What kind of plan are you on? I don't recall PM offering 2 GB plans for a long time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ciyaz 

wow you use a lot data...

Managing Your Data Usage visit Here link , to save your data .....

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ciyaz 

If you do not see the 2GB data tracker in your overview page, under Data and Add on section, that means you ran out of data this 30 day cycle.  The data tracker is usually fairly accurate.  Your phone data tracker may not be in sync with your 30 days PM cycle.  You could look up your data usage in your self service account also. 

Need Help? Let's chat.