cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$29 promo for 40gb at 4G

Mangia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this the total monthly charge for the plan? Are there any catches?

22 REPLIES 22

Oludamilola

In order to get the plan, I had to port out of PM and port back in as a new customer. 

I would recommend to wait till next week as there is serious network problem going on for new customers. The issue should be resolved during the week.

But you need to confirm if the cost and stress for porting is worth the price and data amount.

There are no hidden charges.

HI @Mangia 

actually the $19 plan is confusing

the $19 - 1GB is for existing subscribers only

the $21-3GB but becomes $19 for 90 days is a new activation plan only

JB_lovePM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

personalized, targeted, makes it seem like a bonus, a specialized pitch....take your pick.  whatever the reason it's a great deal IF YOU NEED IT.  Seriously, most of us spend more in one trip to Dollarama or Starbucks than the cost of an upgrade that lasts way longer.   🙂

JB_lovePM

I agree it's a pitch for more $ but if you need the extra data, PM is still waaay cheaper than the plans that many of my friends have fallen prey to.  I'm not sure if there's better pricing in Canada and for the price of a Starbucks coffee, you get a month of happy access.  Oof ...I'm beginning to sound like a sales rep!    🙂

JB_lovePM

As others have noted, I don't think it needs to be a special offer texted to you if you are an existing client.  I signed on to my account and under "subscriptions and add ons" there was the option to upgrade.  No strings seem to be attached to anything PM offers, just reasonable and relatively customizable plans.  

Mangia

It’s not just for new customers. Check out the website. 

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chalupa_Batman 
$19 1GB is available for existing customers 

• $21 3GB/$57 9GB per 90 days is available for new activation.

@EB0 wrote:

There is no reason to stay on $25 1GB 3G plan, it’s better to switch to $19 1GB 4G if 1GB is enough for you, otherwise $29 40GB plan is great if you need more data.

Hi @EB0 They can't switch to the $19 plan as it's for new customers only.

EB0

There is no reason to stay on $25 1GB 3G plan, it’s better to switch to $19 1GB 4G if 1GB is enough for you, otherwise $29 40GB plan is great if you need more data.

@Mangia wrote:

You"re right, I'm on the $25/1GB.  I was texted the $29/40GB promo at 4g.

Wow. $4 more for 39GB of 4G data. What a nice bargen!! 

Mangia

Thank you 👌

@Mangia wrote:

@Mangia 

If you need more data, then go for this promo text deal. 

If you only use 1GB per 30 days, there is unadvertised $19 plan for 1GB LTE.  You will see this plan in your self service account.  

Mangia

@Mangia wrote:

I'm paying $25 for 3gb right now.  Sounds like a great deal for me,

@Mangia 

If it is a great deal for you, then respond "yes" to the text.  

This plan is actually available for new customers right now.  Not for existing customers. So, you were lucky to get this text.  

Saying that though, if you are only using 1-2 GB per month, then you are increase your plan price for no reason.  If you use that much data, then it is worth it for sure.  

RavingRaven

@Mangia 

If you don't mind paying $4 more and will make use of all of the extra data then go for it. But if you don't exceed the 3GB you have currently then it's not really a good deal and if you switch you won't be able to get your current plàn back.

RavingRaven

@Mangia 

Are you on the $25/1GB plan? If you were on the $15 plan you may have been sent the $22/6GB offer.

Mangia

I'm paying $25 for 3gb right now.  Sounds like a great deal for me,

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mangia 

Which plan are you on right now?

These target texts from Public mobile usually will increase the price of your plan.  It is meant for customers to pay more  money for more data.  Might be a good deal, but it is targeted to increase your monthly fee and increase profits for PM. 

@Mangia wrote:

Why was it texted to me but not offered on website?

These are targeted offers. Not everyone got this text. You're one of the lucky ones.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Mangia wrote:
$29 promo for 40gb at 4G
Is this the total monthly charge for the plan? Are there any catches?

Hi @Mangia 

No catches really. You pay $29 plus applicable taxes in your province and you get 40GB of 4G speed data. Once the 40GB is up, you'll have no more data for the month. If you like that promo, you may wish to consider the $34 Canada/US plan with 50GB of 5G data. Faster speeds, $5 more and get 10GB more data plus can use your phone in the US at no charge.

Mangia

Why was it texted to me but not offered on website?

RavingRaven

@Mangia 

No catches. $29+tax

Need Help? Let's chat.