cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage texts

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does Public Mobile still send out data usage texts of 75% and 95% usage?

I am trying to prove to an agent that my 4GB data add on promo just disappeared. I can prove my usage for the past 2 -30 day cycles (the 4GB add on disappeared sometime in May.) My previous 30 day cycle was jn January where I know I did not exceed my plan data. In fact I have not exceeded my plan data in nearly 2 years with the exception of the 0.1% usage noted on the 4GB add on sometime between March 2023 when it was 0% and December when it was 0.1% used.

I have screenshot of the add on in December before reactivation December 30th. If I used 250mb of plan data and 4GB of the promo  leaving just the 177mb of regular add on data in January then I should have recieved data usage texts? Which I have not because I know I did not touch the 4GB of data.

Edit: Also was there not a problem downloading usage history in January?

Thanks everyone.

5 REPLIES 5

RavingRaven

@Phil_Adelphus 

No expiry just 1/1 like all the former non-expiring promo add ons.

1000017322.jpg

1000017323.jpg

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RavingRaven  Since you got the 4GB add on in mid 2022 is it possible there was a two year expiry on it, since we're now mid 2024?

RavingRaven

@Sansan 

Thank you. That confirms what I thought.

@softech 

When I reactivated on December 30th. I had 177mb of data remaining on a 1 GB add on that has been on my account for over 2 years now. The 4GB data add on from mid 2022 with 0.1% used. And my 250mb of plan data. The same when I reactivated at the end of April. I used 227.70mb of data in May.

I was surprised when I auto-renewed at the end of May because I thought I had my card on hold. When I logged in to check the account the next day that's when I noticed the 4GB add on was missing. I've used 240.89mb since then and have had my data off since I hit that mark waiting for customer support to respond (which they finally did today.)

I know the 4GB data add on disappeared in May. But I can only show my data usage would not have caused it to disappear in that time frame because I can only prove it was on my account prior to reactivation on December 30th.

I know I did not exceed my plan data in January but I cannot prove that as I don't have access to my usage history for that period to show them. To have used it in January or really at anytime it would have triggered the data usage texts since every active month of service since then until my current 30 day period when it disappeared my data on the account has been the same:

• 250mb of plan data
  • 170mb (0.17GB/91% used my 1GB add on)*
  • 4055mb (0.1% used 4096mb-41mb=4055mb)
  • =4475mb
  • 75% usage would leave 1118.75mb remaining
  • 95% usage would leave 223.75mb remaining

If I used all of my plan data and all of 4GB add on that should have triggered both of the data usage texts as there is only the 0.17GB of add on data remaining. (*0.17GB =170mb? How is that 91%? I hate these new usage meters they are not accurate at all?!!)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RavingRaven 

how you got that 4GB data add-on? from previous Merrier give-a-way? or the 150 days loyalty data bonus?  And on top of the regular 250Mb and 4GB bonus data, do you have other data addon?  Please note the 75% or 95% warning are based on ALL data you have from all paid and bonus data in your account.  If you have other bonus data, even you used all the 4GB data, you might not meet the 75% threshold

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@RavingRaven  I received a 75% warning last Tuesday. On Wednesday I received a 95% warning.  Then on Friday I got a message saying that I used 100% of my data. A few hours later I received a message saying I could purchase 1 gb or $15 or 4gb press 1 or 4.

Need Help? Let's chat.