cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250MB Data on $15 plan

lloydc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I am on a $15 plan which has 250MB data with a 2GB data bonus due to a one-time promotion. I checked my profile, however i can't find out exactly how much data I have consumed from the 250MB pool. The data usage page only shows the data i used from the 2GB pool.

Lloyd   

20 REPLIES 20

@mgch989 wrote:

I have the same issue.  My child has the same plan as mine but mine shown how much exactly I used from my 250mb but my child's doesn't, only shown the data used from the 2G bonus. 

Just as above/earlier, this means that your child has also already used all of the 250MB.  The line indicating the amount of that 250MB used wiill return after the plan renews.

mgch989

I have the same issue.  My child has the same plan as mine but mine shown how much exactly I used from my 250mb but my child's doesn't, only shown the data used from the 2G bonus. 

@lloydc wrote:

No, it should show how much i have used. it shouldn't be missing

What should happen and what does happen are different things at Public Mobile. As stated earlier, when the amount of data vanished from the self serve usage counter that normally shows how much is remaining vanished, that means it has all been used.

@Nezgar wrote:

@lloydc 

Do you have autopay enabled? The 250MB is only if autopay is enabled. Do you see $2 autopay reward on your selfserve overview page? If it is not saying $2 then it's definitely disabled...

Either way, try disabling autopay and enabling it again to see if the 250MB data shows up, otherwise you may have actually used it up already...

Over time, there have been many discrepencies from what Public Mobile says and what they actually do.

@lloydc wrote:

No no no!!!

Look at your account page and it says......

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 12.58.50 PM.png

Right?????

If it is not there, you have used it all up 

You can put some dates in based on the start of your cycle until today in the "View my Usage" and see when it was depleted if you look. 

But what is the point...it's gone. 

I would suggest to conserve Data...is to turn it on only when you want to use it. And Google your phone type and ask what options you have to turn off any use of Data that you don't need when you are afoot and set up updates etc to be over wifi only. And turn off what apps that you don't want to be able to use Data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lloydc : There was a short period of time where data wasn't being reset at renewal on a few accounts. That was a while ago and I haven't read feedback here of that being confirmed again.

As mentioned go back and add up all the Web events (not on your phone) since your last renewal. An additional problem is that the details are only updated a couple times a day. But the counter is almost immediate.

I would say it's almost certain that you've used up the 250MB. It's not a lot of data. Maybe some updates happened. Or the failover from wifi happened and suddenly you're inadvertently using cell data.

lloydc

I can only think they mess up

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lloydc :I think if your usage page from your self self account is only showing what you've used from your 2GB bonus and your 250MB monthly is missing completely, that must mean that you've used up your monthly 250MB because you cannot use any of your bonus 2GB without using up your monthly amounts first.

But if you want confirmation of this, contact the moderators to look into this.

@lloydc wrote:

autopay is on since the first day i joined public mobile.. i remembered seeing it in the last billing cycle

OK, then I'm at a loss.... Only explanation is that you used up your data... Try turning on airplane mode, which will cause the data usage counters on self-serve to immediately update, then refresh the overview page and see if there is any change.

Also, ensure "last 30 days" is selected under "View my usage" instead of the default "last 7 days"

lloydc

autopay is on since the first day i joined public mobile.. i remembered seeing it in the last billing cycle

lloydc

autopay is on.. i don't want to turn it off and then back on. it may mess up the usage. thanks for suggesting

@lloydc 

Do you have autopay enabled? The 250MB is only if autopay is enabled. Do you see $2 autopay reward on your selfserve overview page? If it is not saying $2 then it's definitely disabled...

Either way, try disabling autopay and enabling it again to see if the 250MB data shows up, otherwise you may have actually used it up already...

@lloydc 

Did you EVER have data during the current cycle?  Just want to make sure you ARE on auto-pay and it was added on your most recent renewal.

Make sure you're looking at the FULL billing period cycle in your self-serve usage history (it's fairly onerous and manual addition process to scroll through every day).

Additionally, your phone should tabulate the data consumed, however unless you "reset" your data counter manually at the start of each Public Mobile cycle, it's likely only going to show data on a "Calendar month to date" basis, not necessarily the corresponding 30-day Public Mobile cycle.

lloydc

I sum up my data usage since the current billing cycle has started and i haven't used 250MB yet

@lloydc wrote:

One would think that's how it should work - but trust us, it isn't.

When a plan amount (such as limited minutes or data allotments) are fully consumed they 'drop off' the self-serve screen as line items.   

It is strange that they simply don't show as "250 /250  MB"   or "100 /100 Min".   But they don't.

lloydc

it says in the my plan description I have the 250MB data. it was there during the last billing cycle

softech
Oracle
Oracle

don't you see this in your My Account-> overview Tab -> My Data & Add-Ons?

E-MyAcc-OW-AddOnUsage_Purchase.png

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did u setup the AutoPay, otherwise the $15 plan doesn't have Bonus for 250 MB data.

May be that why u don't see the 250 MB data usage.

lloydc

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If the 250MB is not appearing under data and add-ons then you have used it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.