cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls

ahkfilm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone else experiencing missing calls? Occasionally happens that people try to reach me but I get no rings. It goes straight to my voice mail although I have signals. I am able to call them back once they text me about it. It only happens at my place, and nowhere else. So the issue can't be from my device. Anyone has an answer for this?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ahkfilm  check the settings of your calling and/or contacts app, do you have any contacts listed as blocked? These would not ring but go directly to voicemail.

Depending on your model of phone, check your settings to see if you have it set to receive only calls from those people listed on your contact list; therefore blocking unknown callers.

If android, try to check the settings under your calling app, under Block numbers. You may see something called "Block unknown/private numbers. If that is ON, turn it off.

If apple, try to turn off Silence Unknown Callers, go to Settings > Phone, then scroll down, tap Silence Unknown Callers, and turn off the feature. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Has this always happened or just came about recently? Sounds like it could be a location thing since you said it works much better elsewhere.

ahkfilm

Thank you @dabr . I'll try your suggestions and hopefully it will resolve.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ahkfilm    Does this only happen with some numbers or is more random?   It could be some network issues in your area or just a weak signal.

Some things to try include simply rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/off.   Perhaps try changing the network settings to 3G/WCDMA temporarily.  If possible maybe test your SIM in another phone.  

However, if this is happening on a regular basis I would suggest submitting a ticket to customer support via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send a private message to CS_Agent, if unable to submit a ticket, here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ahkfilm

Forgot to mention that my location is downtown Toronto

Need Help? Let's chat.