cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 gigs of data gone in 5 days, I don't understand

Yahserah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi please help me, about two weeks ago, I started having data issues, which I never had before.

I bought the extra 1g of data, 3 times, total cost $45 each time it was gone in one day.

So then I changed subscriptions to the 4g plan with 20gigs of data, thinking I'm golden.

But it only lasted 5 days. and cost me $40 so $85 later, I still have no data, and am not a happy customer.

I would love if someone could call me, and explain the problem and an amendable solution, my number is ###-###-####. It took me all day, trying to find a customer service person who is not a robot. I was not successful, the customer service here seems to suck. Please prove me wrong.

Thanks, I need a real person for a real solution. Because right now, it seems like my money and data are being stolen from me. Please help, thank you, sincerely, Yahserah

6 REPLIES 6

@MetaMorpheusMob wrote:

@Yahserah  Watching Videos? Set Default Resolution LOWER if so.

Enable a Data Meter in Phone For Real Time Usage not something giving you a 404 but not pertinent Account Info and Wasting more Data! Very Important to enable on 90 Day plans where all High Speed Data is Front Loafed!  😋

Not an APP that does (Dusty might) who knows What and to/for Whom! 

Pub Mob App  is a Wonderful Thing for activating after that Please What is it's Justification?

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

You should download the Public Mobile app for your phone to watch it closely to see what's going on. Granted it updates either every 12 or 24 hours. Can't remember.

also download data watching apps as well to see what's happening.

Whaaaaas UP? 🤔

@MetaMorpheusMob , what? Which part is your words? That just confused me! 🤣

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

It seems that @hairbag1 and @Handy1  may be on to something. The site DOES have cache issues and may need to be cleaned. 

You may also want to check your app store if it's set to automatic updates. Perhaps you left an app running in the back ground that used data.

You should download the Public Mobile app for your phone to watch it closely to see what's going on. Granted it updates either every 12 or 24 hours. Can't remember.

You can also download data watching apps as well to see what's happening.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Yahserah , for your own privacy & security please remove your phone number from your post! This is a public/open Community forum!
Click on the v icon on the right of your post to edit it so you can remove your phone #.

Edit: @softech , please help Op by removing personal information!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yahserah 

go in to your cell phone setting and disable data to any apps that you don't use regularly. Do you download tunes...that gobbles data...learn to download tunes using wifi.  Also, try this...

spin.jpg

and this....

pllan.jpg

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yahserah 

Is there any possibility that you thought you were on wifi but were not? Are you on an iPhone or Android? I know on my iPhone in cellular settings you can view the data usage of apps to try to track down what is using all of your data. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yahserah  probably just a cache issue 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1693275388643.jpeg

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.