cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$2 Pre Authorized payment reward.

Annlau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not receive my $2 Pre Authorized payment reward, also my son' account as well.

12 REPLIES 12

@rceccato wrote:

I agree here, my kids get the discount and they signed up last year and 2 years ago.  However, I just signed up and I am not getting the 2.00 credit.  I even went into the chatbot option and it told me that I should be getting 2 dollars off, and it is not happening.

Capture.PNG

The company needs to meet its obligations and give us the offer.  

@rceccato - take this screenshot and submit a ticket to customer support and say "SIMon says I should get this, so give it to me please". Ask nicely of course ;).

@rceccato wrote:

I did not get a choice when I signed up, I was put only onto points and nothing else was offered.
Very disappointing that this is happening.

hi @rceccato   if you joined after Jan 25, 2022, you will be on the new Public Points rewards

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

In this new system, there is no more $2 Autopay discount.  However, you will be earning 5% for all spending you have on PM.  Collect to 15 points and you can redeem for $15 bill credit

rceccato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did not get a choice when I signed up, I was put only onto points and nothing else was offered.
Very disappointing that this is happening.

rceccato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree here, my kids get the discount and they signed up last year and 2 years ago.  However, I just signed up and I am not getting the 2.00 credit.  I even went into the chatbot option and it told me that I should be getting 2 dollars off, and it is not happening.

Capture.PNG

The company needs to meet its obligations and give us the offer.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Annlau    new accounts activated  since Jan 2022 will be getting the new Public Points instead of the $2 Autopay discount. 

You earn 5% for all spending with Public Mobile.  Collect to 15 points and you can redeem for $15 bill credit.   

Check My Rewards site  (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards) and you should see points showing there and how much points earned so far

@Patchio- Yup, which is why I say they're entitled to at least one $2. But indeed the message says every 30 days. But as we know that's not happening. It's totally false advertising though. Maybe the company should even credit customers $24 for one year for a false advertising penalty.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dust2dust 
PM has continued to send out emails that mention the $2 auto-pay discount in the Subject field nine months after the introduction of the Public Points program (on January 25, 2022). 

6063BC6C-DC11-4BCF-A975-D8B3216FBC32.png

If the people in charge can’t bother to spend 30 seconds of their time editing the Subject field to remove all mentions of the $2 auto-pay discount, then I can see why customers continue to mistakenly believe that the auto-pay discount is still available. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently switch from Rewards to Points?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Annlau 

If you and your son activated your SIM after January 25/23 the you are on the Points system.

If you activated the SIM before January 25/23 then you are on the old Rewards system and will receive the $2 credit for using AutoPay. As long as you didn’t switch (voluntarily) from the old Rewards system to the Points system.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently sign up? Did you get a welcome email? Did it say something about a $2 autopay reward? Then it is my firm belief that you should get that $2...once. There used to be an initial autopay reward upon sign up. Now with the points that's no longer. But if you got an email saying you would get it then darn it all you're entitled to it...because they said you would.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Annlau 

are you and son on old Rewards program or the newer Points program ? If you activated your accounts after January of 2022...you're getting Points rather than Rewards.

Here's some light reading to help you understand the PM Points program...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Annlau Are you on the old Rewards program or the new Points system? Please check your rewards history here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards
It should show your current rewards if you were eligible to receive. 

Need Help? Let's chat.