cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan (QC) with unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messages changes to 100 minutes

CarlosA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did anyone else experience this? I subscribed to the plan below and when you go in the app it says I subscribed to a 100-minute plan. Bait and switch?

CarlosA_0-1724501630567.png

13 REPLIES 13

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

nothing unfair.  Canadian does not pay the same for everything across the country.  Example, gas price is not even same across the city 

And wireless providers always have different plans for different provinces.  Quebec tends to get lower priced plans due to competition 

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup I also see this as previously also posted --- tempted to start a new plan and let mine lapse --->

Wayworn_0-1724508340471.png

Grinch

I’m in another province. If I change the region to Quebec, this is what I see. 

IMG_0549.jpeg

And this is unfair to the rest of us. Giving unlimited and 4G. While we all face, on the $15 plan, another potential forced price increase (3G to 4G) and or a logical but little more expensive plan to jump into. 

Wayworn

It’s a we want you back offer. The OP much have had a previous PM account that had lapsed or was ported out. 

For what it's worth for only $4 more the $19 is not a bad deal --- however it's not available for those that presently are on a higher priced plan. 

@CarlosA 

I would wait for customer service response.  CSA do work on Saturdays. 

In the past, the $15 plan included 250 mg data and 100 outgoing Canadian minutes.  This may be a special "promo" deal for Quebec residents. 

CarlosA

I haven't activated the esim yet so it doesn't let me view the MyAccount details. However, here's a screenshot of what I see in the app:

CarlosA_0-1724509284737.png

I'm afraid to activate until the minutes issue is resolved.

Wayworn

That looks like a good basic reasonable plan. All these silly games don’t make sense to me and don’t get the reasoning .

CarlosA

Chatbot responded with this:

"Here is the most relevant information I found for you. Hope this helps! The $15 plan includes 1 GB of data at 4G speed with unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging, plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
The plan details may vary based on the specific promotion or offer available at the time of purchase."

This is after I logged in with my account, so obviously the info is highly inaccurate since the plan on the portal shows it only has 250MB of data not 1GB.

Anyway, I sent a message to CS_Agent and hopefully they respond. Not sure if they work Saturdays. 

Wayworn

Yup — this is weird I can confirm that you are 100% correct and to confirm I am cut and pasting this below. 

Wayworn_0-1724508340471.png

CarlosA

I just looked at the page again and it hasn't changed, even after a browser refresh and different browser.
Is it possible it returns different results based on location? I'm in Quebec and I'm going to this page:
Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service (publicmobile.ca)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @CarlosA 

login to My Account and check 2 things

1. check the overview page, does it show a meter for voice call with 100 min?

2. go to Subscription & Add-ons , what does it show for plan details?

do you mind to post us screenshot for both?

Wayworn

They must have changed  it just after you cut and pasted it  because I can see that now this $15 plan only offers 100 minutes voice. 

Wayworn_0-1724508158585.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CarlosA 

possibly just a system glitch. Please reach out to PM support for clarification 

open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there     
Need Help? Let's chat.