cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15$ plan- Have the terms changed recently for incoming calls if you're out of province?

mischt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Just wondering if I'm imagining things. I'm on the 15$ plan , 100 minutes and free incoming.

Have the terms for what is charged against your minutes changed recently for incoming calls if you're out of province? 

I'm in Montreal, so my "home province" is Quebec but I often go to Ottawa to visit family. I was checking my usage and was charged 34 minutes for an incoming call I received while in Ottawa this week.

After checking the "fine print" on the 15$ plan terms,  #2 says you will be charged minutes if you receive incoming calls while you are out of your home province. 

Has this been changed recently? Was it always like this?

There is a strong possibility that I never noticed before in my 4+ yrs with Public, but I think I would have, because I've had a few long conversations out of province that would've used up most of my minutes.... Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

mischt

Turns out there was some sort of momentary glitch in my account and  it has now gone back to what it should be- Canada-wide free incoming minutes. Thanks for your replies!

mischt

Hi, I was checking the incoming minutes against the 100. I had a 35 minute incoming call when I was out of province and it seemed to count against the 100. After I opened a ticket, turns out there was some sort of glitch in my account and it reverted back to what it should have been, ie free Canada wide incoming. Thanks!

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When your are on the $15 plan and you look at your My Account it shows information or mis information and refers to the provincial plan. So @mischt you need to verify if you are on the Canada Wide or Provincial $15 calling plan. Unfortunately your My Account no longer shows what is included in your $15 plan like it used to. How are your verifying  the inbound calls going against your 100 minutes......from usage or checking on minutes left?. 

mischt

will do!

@mischt no worry, I think it is an easy ask

If you are with PM for 4 years and you didn't change to the $15 plan in 2021 when Provincial wide plans were shortly offered, you should be fine

@mischt  Anything is possible 4 years ago when I joined PM it was for the $25 plan and it was province wide then … didn’t really pay to much attention to the $15 plan so couldn’t say for certain … but as @softech  mentioned if you call forwarded the number that could be reason . Otherwise you should be good for unlimited in coming calls no matter where you are in Canada … let us know what you find out …

mischt

There must be a glitch in the system somewhere as they switched the terms of my plan or something....

mischt

It very well could be ! I will open a ticket to find out, as it would seem to be the only way to figure this out!

@Handy1   it is , i just explaining the term does not apply on OP situation.

Also, incoming calls are always free, except in the case that the call was forwarded.

mischt

Thanks I will open a ticket to find out!

@softech  So my very first reply was correct ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mischt 

the fine print #2 is for Province wide calling plan.  Provincial wide calling was only offered a short period of time in 2021.  If you have been with PM for 4 years, you are on the Canada wide calling

@mischt wrote:

I was just charged 34 minutes against my free 100  minutes for an incoming call while I was out of province.

did you use call forwarding?  forwarded calls will be charged against your outgoing minutes

If the 34 minutes call you got charged was directly calling your number and you didn't used call forwarding, open ticket with PM support and ask them to add it back the 34 minutes to your account

@mischt  huh well that’s news to me I don’t see that in the website anywheres but I’ll take your word for it 

Adding my guess then is always like that because I know then$25 plan used to just be province  wide and it’s now Canada wide 

mischt

Thanks. They say it is only province wide, and you will be charged when you are out of province. I'm wondering if it ha always been like this, or if it has changed recently.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mischtclear webrowser  and try again incognito private  mode you are probably seeing old cached info 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1677942753000.png

For most up to date account info

@mischt  maybe get support to investigate it’s my understanding incoming and out going are Canada wide and 100 mins bucket is for outgoing only 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

mischt

I was just charged 34 minutes against my free 100  minutes for an incoming call while I was out of province.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mischt  No you can use it anywheres in Canada and it’s still unlimited incoming calls it’s just the 100 out going calls 

Need Help? Let's chat.