cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 dollar plan

RossN
Mayor / Maire

It might be a nice gesture from Public to bring back the 10 dollar plan for awhile since people are home "I hope" during this pandemic just needing the phone for emergencies and already having  wifi with little need for data   @Alan_K 

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious 

The $10 50/50 plan was just that 50 calls 50 outgoing texts. Free incoming texts

Hopefully I updated to be more accurate. 

Thanks.

@LurganIeUk  I lucked out and scheduled a plan change just before it was elimihated. I use it as my back up plan which I've used when I had a renewal failure that took 2 days to fix. I can also take the second SIM out of my smartphone and put it back in my flip phone to leave at home as an emergency home phone or to lend to a friend etc....in need or visiting for a short time. Adding the $5/500 min extends the calling if necessary and it also benefits from the freebies pm gives away so it currently has meant features including 4g data speed. When I decide to downgrade my main phone number I will use its plan features to supplement the other account. The added bonus is it's a $0 Bill.

@LurganIeUk  The $10 50/50 plan was just that 50 calls 50 outgoing texts. Free incoming texts.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

10$ plan sounds lilke a good idea! I hope they will bring it back!

I was never aware of Public Mobile or the $10 plan nor what it included.   BUT as many other companies have adjusted their model perhaps they could offer the $10 plan BUT a stripped down version of what it originally was and of course be able to add an add on. But make it in a way that once we resurge from this unnecessary virus that the next step would be to move to the $15 plan. I have been told the $10 50/50 plan was just that 50 incoming/outgoing minutes 50 outgoing texts and free incoming texts.....so make the new $10 plan 30 minutes incoming/outgoing, no data  and 30 outgoing texts send and free incoming. And say April 1 2021 the plan would end, stop working, self cancel, (not be grand fathered) unless you upgraded to another plan with some tiny incentive to upgrade. 

The above was edited. March 29 2020. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@RossN  That would be a good move by PM to bring such plan back I think. Even for a limited time.

@gblackma wrote:

@RossN  the $10 plan as an emergency phone is a great idea. Bringing it back like Freedom mobile as unlimited talk and text payable yearly an even better idea. TextNow works great over WiFi from home. Just don't go out walking all over the place and use it on data, expecting the same clarity etc as your traditional cell service.

FYI...Shaw Go wifi is free for Cdn use anywhere now. I think Telus is offering free use of their public wifi as well.

@RossN  the $10 plan as an emergency phone is a great idea. Bringing it back like Freedom mobile as unlimited talk and text payable yearly an even better idea. TextNow works great over WiFi from home. Just don't go out walking all over the place and use it on data, expecting the same clarity etc as your traditional cell service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

People! The $10 plan is not JUST for emergencies. It's entirely suitable for low-use folks. Add the 500 minute add-on and you're good to go.

I agree with RossN. Welcome back by the way:)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

It might be a nice gesture from Public to bring back the 10 dollar plan for awhile since people are home "I hope" during this pandemic just needing the phone for emergencies and already having  wifi with little need for data also why is the sim 5 dollars on public and 10 bucks on amazon which is being promoted? thanks @Alan_K 

$10 plan...Good idea !

If at home and have wifi, the free voip apps are an option. Something like TextNow works perdy good with wifi.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Agree with your suggestion.  The $10 plan is great for emergency use. 

Public mobile seems to follow the competitor plans recently.  So, unless one of the other tier 3 companies offer the $10 plan, I doubt that PM will offer it.  

In these times, adding a cheaper Data add on would also be very helpful for customers.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

It might be a nice gesture from Public to bring back the 10 dollar plan for awhile since people are home "I hope" during this pandemic just needing the phone for emergencies and already having  wifi with little need for data also why is the sim 5 dollars on public and 10 bucks on amazon which is being promoted? thanks @Alan_K 

The sims were $5 on amazon recently. Price just went up.

Need Help? Let's chat.