cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown outgoing calls to 4385804001

qwert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated teh service. When I checked the usage history online, I notice there are several calls to the number. I didn't dial the number, neither is the number shown on the history on my phone.

What is hapapening? What is the number?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

@ChuckYeah wrote:

This is true. However, it is my understanding that the leaving of the message does not count as minutes. It's the checking of them that uses minutes. Can anyone verify 100%?

A voice message left does not use up the recipient's minutes.

This is true. However, it is my understanding that the leaving of the message does not count as minutes. It's the checking of them that uses minutes. Can anyone verify 100%?

danielledang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"This is your voice mail access number. If you were out of reach / no or very bad connection or your phone was turned off and someone called you in that time, their calls would go directly to voicemail without showing as incoming on your phone."

In this case, are the minutes counted in the minutes used? Thanks

Miky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not have IPHONE at all and I am getting this charegs, this is your voice call wich you have not set it up yet, you have tried the phone after instalation the sim card to see if it is working.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@shskr wrote:

So your saying 474663 is my voicemail? Iphone user

@shskr ugh, sorry for the confusion.  There are two distinct things going on in this thread.  What @qwert posted was about a bunch of calls to a number ending in "4001" in their call history, which is the voicemail thing.  In the meantime, @Lieux mentioned 474663--I believe thinking this was another case of that--and then you jumped in saying you had texts to that number.  In the meantime I was busy replying to lorieux that qwert's issue was voicemail, so I can see how it could all get a bit confused.

What you're seeing is Apple attempting to register the device with iCloud/iMessage.  This is "normal" iPhone behaviour that most people never notice if they are on an unlimited (or large bucket of metered) text messaging plan, but many people on the $10/50/50 plan (guessing this includes you) are noticing while they keep a close eye on their outbound text usage in the usage history page.  

I'm on unlimited text as well. Just trying to go back to when i registered in my history and noticed this weird number thats all. No biggie.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shskr wrote:

@shskr ugh, sorry for the confusion.  There are two distinct things going on in this thread.  What @qwert posted was about a bunch of calls to a number ending in "4001" in their call history, which is the voicemail thing.  In the meantime, @Lieux mentioned 474663--I believe thinking this was another case of that--and then you jumped in saying you had texts to that number.  In the meantime I was busy replying to lorieux that qwert's issue was voicemail, so I can see how it could all get a bit confused.

What you're seeing is Apple attempting to register the device with iCloud/iMessage.  This is "normal" iPhone behaviour that most people never notice if they are on an unlimited (or large bucket of metered) text messaging plan, but many people on the $10/50/50 plan (guessing this includes you) are noticing while they keep a close eye on their outbound text usage in the usage history page.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No @shskr no it's not your voicemail...but something that all apple have every up to date and at he beginning...they send somme texts to 474663 from your phone...and it stop.

@shskr I believe @Lieux is suggesting those are Apple texts to set up iMessage.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shskr

@srlawren wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@qwert is it only the 438580.... or the 474663 too??? Do you have an iphone???

@Lieux I know where you're going with this, but you're not on the right track [EDIT: for @qwert's issue, I mean; for @shskr, you are on the right track].  @wetcoaster has already given the correct source [for qwert] of these calls in the call history--they are calls being forwarded to your voicemail access number because you didn't or were unable to answer them.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

@Lieux I know where you're going with this, but you're not on the right track [EDIT: for @qwert's issue, I mean; for @shskr, you are on the right track].  @wetcoaster has already given the correct source [for qwert] of these calls in the call history--they are calls being forwarded to your voicemail access number because you didn't or were unable to answer them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ok the 474663 is for some reason with Iphone adjustement. If you have the plan 10$ 50 texts you can write to the Mods to have a refund for them...they will credit them on your account.

shskr

@Lieux wrote:

Mine says 474663

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@qwert wrote:

I just activated teh service. When I checked the usage history online, I notice there are several calls to the number. I didn't dial the number, neither is the number shown on the history on my phone.

What is hapapening? What is the number?

Thanks.

This is your voice mail access number. If you were out of reach / no or very bad connection or your phone was turned off and someone called you in that time, their calls would go directly to voicemail without showing as incoming on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.