Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Moderator" Term Change Survey

Vivian_Y
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

*EDIT*

This survey is now closed.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey, or left us feedback on this post. We really appreciate your help! 

Stay tuned for results 😀

---------------------------

Hi Community,

We’re looking for your help to rethink the term “moderator”! 

Here at Public, our moderators assist customers, resolve issues and are involved in managing Community content. They are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket, and are our eyes and ears for any new issues. 

We know that the term “moderator” doesn’t cover all the amazing work they do. We’ve also heard that “moderator” is confusing and not very intuitive for new customers.

So we’ve shortlisted a few alternatives which you’ll hopefully like better. 

Please share your thoughts through this short survey. Your responses will be completely anonymous.

The last day to vote and share feedback is JANUARY 25, 2021.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you 😀

- Public Mobile Team

52 REPLIES 52

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian_Y wrote:

*EDIT*

This survey is now closed.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey, or left us feedback on this post. We really appreciate your help! 

Stay tuned for results 😀

---------------------------

Hi Community,

We’re looking for your help to rethink the term “moderator”! 

Here at Public, our moderators assist customers, resolve issues and are involved in managing Community content. They are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket, and are our eyes and ears for any new issues. 

We know that the term “moderator” doesn’t cover all the amazing work they do. We’ve also heard that “moderator” is confusing and not very intuitive for new customers.

So we’ve shortlisted a few alternatives which you’ll hopefully like better. 

Please share your thoughts through this short survey. Your responses will be completely anonymous.

The last day to vote and share feedback is JANUARY 25, 2021.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you 😀

- Public Mobile Team

@Vivian_Y 

Can you kindly update the Community on any progress with respect to the Moderator term change?

Still Moderators, ..... or are they now called by something with the word "customer" in it?

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@dac13 wrote:

I agree that "moderator"  was not an ideal term.

I would suspect that it came out of history. Before the forum took off they would indeed have been the actual moderators. But then the whole Oracle thing grew up and they stepped back to being the customer service people.

But that's all speculation. What do I know. It was before my time.

@Anonymous Before my time also.  🙂  It may be speculation but that makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dac13 wrote:

I would suspect that it came out of history. Before the forum took off they would indeed have been the actual moderators. But then the whole Oracle thing grew up and they stepped back to being the customer service people.

But that's all speculation. What do I know. It was before my time.

dac13

SteveMobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've only been with PM for a few week and I think this is a great idea to change the name "moderator". As a new user, I was really confused how to contact someone from PM to port my number. 

For me, moderator wasn't intuitive enough as many forums have mods that take care of the content but don't tend to the actual administrative work.

I'm hoping you all can re-work the layout of the forum as well. I also find it a bit confusing to navigate.

mitchnet12

The use of the term "moderator" doesn't exacly describe the role of of a customer service agent to a new user. It is wise to revisit the terminology to improve the customer experience.

@AE_Collector wrote:

There is mass confusion with people coming on here and posting all sorts of info that they shouldn’t be posting as they think they are only talking to a company representative. Not that title changes would correct that but it would be a small step in the right direction.

Guarantee that everyone (or anyone) will be responsible and rational on open public internet? We all know that's basically impossible.

But I do agree that any step in the right direction, no matter how small or obvious, is better than nothing. It might be the difference which helps one person from being victimized. There's the old proverb about how one must move forward today or find oneself a day behind tomorrow - and Public Mobile's refusal to keep pushing forward effectively means they keep falling backward.

So I think it's important for Public Mobile to make an effort to communicate things and to inform customers as much as possible. A real effort, not a minimum-legal-requirement effort. Happier customers make money, unhappy customers cost money.

I think there should be some sort of in-your-face message which clearly communicates "this is a public internet forum, visible to everyone, the people answering your questions are not Public Mobile employees".

There are ways to do this - there's even already a ton of blank screen space on every page. It can be done effectively. We all know that slipping this sort of info into EULA Terms of Service pages means that 99.9% of people will just "agree" and click past without reading without thinking without caring - they'll just be annoyed by anything which obstructs their path to the $Community Rewards$ or to the fix for their urgent issue.

Some sort of content autofilter which recognizes (and masks) text which looks like phone numbers and IMEIs would be good. Similar filters which mask out names and SIM IDs and other account-based information would be good. It's routine webstuff, not much trickier than bad language filters.

The ideas can even be combined. "WARNING! Your post appears to contain private information like your name and phone number. This will be visible to every search engine, every criminal, every fool on the internet. Please change your text before clicking to submit."

@Bear2 wrote:

@RosieR Made me laugh. I think all phone customers need a 007 agent on their team/side

@Bear2 😁😅😂

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector : It will take you to a Google login. Telus has moved a bunch of services over to Google unfortunately.

Shaw probably will be soon as well.  They will be migrating their shaw.ca mail service to something else just as Telus did migrating to gmail.  Not sure if they have chosen who they (Shaw) will use yet though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • I didnt use a Google account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : It will take you to a Google login. Telus has moved a bunch of services over to Google unfortunately.

@AE_Collector 

Just choose other and fill in your choice here: ________________.

If you have any further comments add them here: _______________.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Oh and the survey? I cant get past a pop up asking me to “Log In” even though I see nowhere to log in to nor do I know what I am being asked to Log in to. And I cant back out of it, I had to close the page and come back in to the Community again. I am on an iPad.

AE_Collector

It is a google survey. You need to log in using a google account. Any I would assume. 

Oh and the survey? I cant get past a pop up asking me to “Log In” even though I see nowhere to log in to nor do I know what I am being asked to Log in to. And I cant back out of it, I had to close the page and come back in to the Community again. I am on an iPad.

AE_Collector

I have to agree with most I have read here...

In my world:

-Our Oracles are Moderators.

-Our Moderators are Customer Service Reps or Agents.

There is much confusion with people coming on here and posting all sorts of info that they shouldn’t be posting as they think they are only talking to a company representative. Not that title changes would correct that but it would be a small step in the right direction.

AE_Collector

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

My 2 Cents

Pennies are gone. Call it 3 cents and we can round it up to a nickel. 😀

@Korth Or we could round down to free lol.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv wrote:

My 2 Cents

Pennies are gone. Call it 3 cents and we can round it up to a nickel. 😀

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

"Customer Support Team" seems okay. Generic. But informative.

On a related note ... "Oracle" could also be renamed to something less confusing, more descriptive. Perhaps "Community Leader" or somesuch.

@Korth I don't find "Oracle" confusing. They are "a person with great wisdom" Plus it isn't like it's ever used for anything. No one writes you need to contact an Oracle.

My 2 Cents

Korth
Mayor / Maire

"Customer Support Team" seems okay. Generic. But informative.

On a related note ... "Oracle" could also be renamed to something less confusing, more descriptive. Perhaps "Community Leader" or somesuch.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian_Y   Nice to hear PM is considering replacing the term Moderator with something that is more familiar from a customer's perspective and is long overdue and welcome news.

I'm hoping PM keeps it simple and goes with most commonly known used terms for customer support, i.e. Customer Support Representative (PM CSR) and also replacing Moderator_Team with PM Customer Support Team (PMCS_TEAM).

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I filled out the survey, thanks for letting us help out, always glad to help make this community and service better for everyone.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : The problem with that is that then you would have people trying to jump the queue when they don't actually have a fraudulent matter. Although they might think the 2-step add-on process is fraudulent 🙂

i guess they need either live person or AI to filter out valid cases as high priority tickets, those whole try to jump will push back to the back of the queue .. LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : The problem with that is that then you would have people trying to jump the queue when they don't actually have a fraudulent matter. Although they might think the 2-step add-on process is fraudulent 🙂

@softech wrote:

Also, with SIM-jacked seems to be an issue lately, I really think Moderator should reply them as quickly as they can.. i see so many posts about they opened tickets long time and no one reply. 

back to my point here.  I am seeing so many topic about being charged twice lately.  Today, I even see one got charged for $7000+ from so many $150 transactions on the same day

I think the Chat bot should have a option about "Payment Dispute" and "Possible Security breach" and live person would read this ticket first and action if valid, action within a more reasonable time like 2-4 hours.  

(I hope the mod or Oracle would read this and push the suggestion up)

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Heeding the advice of KISS (Keep it simple 😊), the term Support or PM Support would be adequately short and representative of the service they provide. 

@Vivian_Y  Thank you for inviting the comments.

Bear2

@RosieR Made me laugh. I think all phone customers need a 007 agent on their team/side

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Vivian_Y  thank you for including all customers in the survey.  I had voiced out my opinion about the term "moderator" in the past.  In most public forums, this is a misnomer.  Moderators are volunteers are oversee the forums and that is not what the moderators here do.

I chose Customer Support Agent.  But why agent?  When I hear agent, I think of James Bond 007. lol  So I suggested Customer Support Representative or Customer Service Rep, CSR, because that's what they are, really.

RosieR

@Vivian_Y 

Good to see the survey where it should be!

Bear2

I am new to PM and have done the survey 😃 glad to see different names out there and asking customers how they feel about it. 

@Vivian_Y 

Is there a reason why this thread isnt pinned on the landing page? Not very many members peruse the announcements board as they are expected to be up for a couple of days on the landing page at least before being moved to only appear in the anouncement board. I don't think you will get much of a response being buried among all the expired announcements.

Need Help? Let's chat.