Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Moderator" Term Change Survey

Vivian_Y
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

*EDIT*

This survey is now closed.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey, or left us feedback on this post. We really appreciate your help! 

Stay tuned for results 😀

---------------------------

Hi Community,

We’re looking for your help to rethink the term “moderator”! 

Here at Public, our moderators assist customers, resolve issues and are involved in managing Community content. They are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket, and are our eyes and ears for any new issues. 

We know that the term “moderator” doesn’t cover all the amazing work they do. We’ve also heard that “moderator” is confusing and not very intuitive for new customers.

So we’ve shortlisted a few alternatives which you’ll hopefully like better. 

Please share your thoughts through this short survey. Your responses will be completely anonymous.

The last day to vote and share feedback is JANUARY 25, 2021.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you 😀

- Public Mobile Team

52 REPLIES 52

@Anonymous 

Aha you are correct. When I switch to firefox I'm prompted to sign in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I am not understanding this....I went straight to the form. No sign in. You are getting something different?

@darlicious 

Apparently your browser is always logged in to Google or is ready with the automatic credentials.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vivian_Y 

especially for new costumers, a tittle with with the word "costumer" in it would be good.

I got your back, @Anonymous 

I had responded earlier with Customer Support Agent for my choice as title.

There was a section below for comment in which I added, "Collectively they could be referred to as the Customer Support Team"

@Anonymous 

I am not understanding this....I went straight to the form. No sign in. You are getting something different?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vivian_Y :

I object to all this Google-ing Telus has been doing. Your home services email servers are all being shut down and handed over to Google. This form assumes being able to log in using a Google account. I'm not logging in. So here are my thoughts.

You're kinda cross mixing the language. The question is the singular term Moderator. You have a Moderator_Team made up of Moderators. You then list a couple team variations. So which one? I'll go singular. Customer Support Agent. Then you can team (pluralize) them as Customer Support Team to go along with that.

But I suppose none of this will count because it wasn't filled in on the form. Oh well.

I suggested PMSupport 

Edit  just realized PMS 🤣 guess that won't work lmao

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Customer Service Agent (CSA).

Then CSA can be added after the names of the now know as Moderators, which currently say "MOD"

like 3 shown below:

esjliv_0-1611019165613.png

😊

I suggested Customer Support Team Member - Assistant or Customer Assistant (CA)

YES I did the survey!!!

@mimmo wrote:

@computergeek541  got to disagree with you on this one. Moderator_team should be mothballed or maybe phased out and a new term should be created ie pm_csr , pm-cst support_team etc...  Something that is clear and consise.

The reason that I say that it would need to be kept would be in a case a member does end up sending a message to Moderator_Team after a new customer service username has been created. I know that the Moderator_Team can have that account's private messaging function disabled, but tha the very least, the account would need to still be kept if not for anything else, but to prevent someone else from signing up using that name.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541  got to disagree with you on this one. Moderator_team should be mothballed or maybe phased out and a new term should be created ie pm_csr , pm-cst support_team etc...  Something that is clear and consise.

@CFPartDeux wrote:

Generally speaking, pretty much any other forum, when using the term "Moderator", is USUALLY talking about what the Oracles currently do. The job that the current Moderators do is generally accepted to be something like, Customer Service Rep., or similar.

I think that is also means that the term "moderator" can never be used here again to ever refer to anything else. Doing so would cause more confusion.

@Vivian_Y  

I'm not certain the main concern is what the current moderators will be referred to as, but that it might be more important for customers to know that they are talking to employees or authorized agents of Public Mobile. I also don't believe that the actual username matters as much. I would also suggest keeping the Moderator_Team username but as well as changing the "MOD" designation to "PM/Public Mobile". The new username should have that designation as well, as well as the moderators' individual accounts.  As for the official title of the current moderators, anything such as customer care, customer service, or official Public Mobile representitive should be fine.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

short and quick survey  👍

it's really time to change the term.. unless PM tells me moderators are all volunteers and the don't get paid.. lol

Also, with SIM-jacked seems to be an issue lately, I really think Moderator should reply them as quickly as they can.. i see so many posts about they opened tickets long time and no one reply. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That is a loooong time coming, Public Mobile.  

This will much better serve all the good folks on this Community who work diligently to help YOUR customers better navigate the challenges of on-line only service.

Great move, Public Mobile!!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Great to see this brought up officially as it has been something talked about for as long as I have been here.  Glad to see stuff brought forward from the Oracle section out to the general public for input as well!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The naming had never made sense to me since day one.  However, like many we just come to accept it and we know the thankless job they do to for customers 7 days a week.  It is nice see a much needed name change is finally coming and customers have a say.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Customer Service/Success/Support + Rep/Agent/Guru/Team/Member/Tech... etc

The designation moderator would be better suited for policing a forum for harassment/ off topic / bad language etc... not helping customer's with service needs and technical issues.

@Vivian_Y 

Both @computergeek541 and @CFPartDeux bring up excellent points. Almost every other forum have moderators who are members "moderating" the forum voluntarily for the benefit of others so that membership themselves self regulate the forum. Moderators at public mobile are employees so that can confuse many....as that's what the oracles do here....not all knowing, all seeing demi-gods in long white robes.....it can be very confusing!

The customer support team "CST"  members should perhaps have an opportunity to make their suggestions and gjve their opinion on what they should be called....they need to represent too!

When I'm told there is no cs here i just tell them there are, they are just called moderators

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Generally speaking, pretty much any other forum, when using the term "Moderator", is USUALLY talking about what the Oracles currently do. The job that the current Moderators do is generally accepted to be something like, Customer Service Rep., or similar.

I never did understand why "moderator" was used. It isn't consident with the terms that other message boards use. Employees are all often referred to as administrators.  Also, I would consider having the moderators using the "PM" Public Mobile label next to their usernames. I realize that moderators are in a different department than the marketing team. However, the customer generally wants to know if the person works for the company or is authorized to perform changes to the customer's account.

Out of curiosity, is there a way for members to complete this survey withiout needing to use or create a Google account?  I have one, but I believe that most who don't aren't going to do this.

Need Help? Let's chat.