Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

yack
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have three,feel your pain.very waste time

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ABDad   Yeah, it's been very messy and frustrating for many since the recent account updates. 

Have you submitted a ticket or private message to CS_Agent yet?  That's the only way you will be able to have your old profile back and accounts re-linked.

Purchasing and paying with a voucher can be done if unable to access to your self serve account, which are loaded by dialing 611 on your phone.

ABDad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Replace or fix Eversafe (see post below).

2. Provide human chat-level account and technical support.

I am truly astonished how buggy and problematic the new Eversafe 2-factor authentication and secure sign-in process has been. For me, it's been a miserable week of absolute hell simply trying to log in to my account simply to update my payment information to ensure my account doesn't lapse.

First, there was no prior indication from PM that a new login process was even in place - which in my case invalidated my previous password and required that I set up a new one.  Then, numerous times when I would try to set up a new password the hopeless PM "Powered by Eversafe" page would accept the new password, then return to the same page with a red banner indicating I was locked out of my account, and forcing me to return in 3 hours, only to repeat the same hopeless process loop again and again for the past 6 days. Meanwhile, my credit card expired, which terminated my service. By this point, it would have been helpful to be able to contact a moderator to get things straightened out - but of course, you can't contact a moderator without being able to log into your account.

And of course the chat "help" doesn't actually work, because it isn't staffed by humans - and instead suggests you log into the support page and generate a service ticket - which is impossible when you can't actually log into your account... 

The whole thing is so absolutely 3rd world and Kafkaesque that it's difficult to believe PM is a serious Canadian company. It's awful - and the hopeless support system seriously needs to be improved with access to real service agents by phone or chat in order to respond to account issues in an effective manner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix the community log in issue of having members bing force to creat new accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do hope Oracles badges have been update and not glitche as with new nicknames, we all got status reset to new in town.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Downloading of USAGE..

It used to have 30 60 90 and custom for periods of time....still does

Also used to be able to down load only Calls, SMS, Data.....could we have that back?

And could the down load be PDF or CSV?

And could each entry be all on one line instead of paragraphs. Is easier to manipulate 1 line into other software and less paper it printed.  

@dabr , I see you!!! 😮 👋

@softech   Thank you!  

Yeah, hopefully it won't be long before others also can get back to their previous profiles..

Welcome back @dabr   !!! Happy to see PM is clearing up the queue to the id issues

@RaviSadariya    For now purchase a voucher from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and add it to your account by dialing 611 on your phone.  For an extra fee online vouchers can also be purchased from muskbird.com or recharge.com.

This gives you more time to sort out updating the payment information which might require assistance from support by sending a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RaviSadariya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

there is glitch in updating payment method information kindly make sure you try to solve it in next 48 hours. i am not able to recharge my card from last 3 days duffers.

stopbotheringme

Nice to know. I'm excited to end all my Telus subscriptions come Black Friday.

HI @stopbotheringme  on this new system , you cannot disable it

remember to check the box "Trusted device" so  you dont need it next time on the same device

stopbotheringme

I need to disable 2FA. Previously I'd explicitly disabled it, and now I find that some clown at PM forced it on me and took away the option to disable it. How can we fix it and prevent this 2FA nonsense from happening again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeaGuide22    Dial 611 on your phone and you should be able to get information regarding payment.  You can also add a voucher via 611 if you're unable to access your self serve account.  Vouchers can be purchased at SDM, 7/11, London Drugs or Shell or online at muskbird.com for a fee.

If you haven't heard back from support, then send another private message to CS_Agent or reply to the last message you received from them and ask for an update to your issue.

TeaGuide22

Hello and I apologize if you have been answered already this page is a mess. You can only use ESIM on new activations. PM mentioned it several days ago. And said they are working hard to make it available to all. Just incase this might help. Good luck. 

TeaGuide22

Oh no, do you know how to remotely lock your phone from a computer? I am not a Techie,but I know it's entirely possible for your own protection. I can't believe PM is leaving you hanging here. You need an activation. I do hope this resolves more quickly for you. 

TeaGuide22

Hello,I cannot access what my next bill will be or that the 10.00 credit from being referred is applied. Still no ticket numbers. 2FID had listened to me when I said it was a trusted device. However,now it back to ask me at each log in. I'm trying to confirm my bill,but I have run out of time for my billing date now. 

dizzydino

No "sign OUT" option
To manage each family member's account, I have to exit both community and account pages, clear cookies and then sign back into the account, and because the cookie is gone I have to retrieve the 6 number code from the family member to continue, and then finally be able to access the coordinated community account.

Better yet, a single HUB page to access all "related accounts" would be even better.  "Switch Account" would also do.

PreachJohn1

"J_PM (Public Mobile) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

@PreachJohn1 We'll take on this feedback, and continue to resolve ongoing issues as soon as possible. We acknowledge your experience and will use this insight to support quick resolutions. Thank you."

O no. You don't get off that easily with these weakly worded mealy mouthed platitudes...essentially saying that you'll 'do better'; not nearly enough to move the needle. Pfftt! Only drastic taking the bull by the horns actions are mandated pronto at this point. Nothing short of concerted efforts will cut it.

Someone responsibly needs to resign or be handed their walking papers in response to the massive outrage still generating and then sail off into the sunset to reside for a period of time in the Tower of the Corporate Hall of Shame.

Shame for this unannounced revamp sprung on us.

Who contracted with Eversafe, a thoroughly unresearched and unadvised move. This is a crucial part of this litany of failures equation? Who is it who sprung this unbelievably awful thing on our PM rank and file? Who?

The botched outlay is convincingly amateur hour to this day reflecting no corporate business sense residing in your collective heads. This is a classic case for Business Schools of how not to revamp a Site, by breaking it so wholesale and thoroughly. And deeply offending your consumer base.

This unannounced botched revamp sprung on us has done incalculable damage to the PM Brand.

My criticisms are not harsh enough.

Soon and very soon more of us yet will vote our displeasure with our hard earned consumer dollars porting out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth   You're unable to ask support to to do that for you by sending a private message?

@dizzydino wrote:

Got yet another peeve...
This very page is very difficult to navigate since there is no hierarchy structure to the messages and replies.  Random messages posted in a chronological order is confusing and time consuming if you find something of interest and want to see if there are any replies to it. 

@dizzydino , if you prefer you can change it to the Threaded format to see it that way instead of the Linear format!

If so click on your Profile icon, My settings : Preferences, Display, select Threaded format, Save!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Still waiting for a way to login to Self-Serve and report my phone is lost/stolen.

Since I can't get past the SMS/voicemail 2FA options (and lack of email 2FA option) without my phone.

Time is running out. Without access to my own Self-Serve, I'll have to port my number out to another provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizzydino wrote:

Got yet another peeve...
This very page is very difficult to navigate since there is no hierarchy structure to the messages and replies.  Random messages posted in a chronological order is confusing and time consuming if you find something of interest and want to see if there are any replies to it. 

@dizzydino   Unfortunately, this thread has become bit of a catch-all for all the system glitches and grievances.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting to be able to switch my plan to an E-SIM like the website says you support?

dizzydino

Got yet another peeve...

@A_CX_PM @CS_Agent @J_PM 

Usage History download in XLS is showing only 3 days of usage.  not fully 90 days.  Please investigate

HI @dizzydino download the usage history, full history and you can see

dizzydino

Forgot to mention the number of errors.  Over and over and over.

Need Help? Let's chat.