Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

173 REPLIES 173

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I'm testing let you know later

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeremy_M I used the feature and it says it sent an email but about 10 mins later, there's no sign of it in my Gmail inbox.  I also checked the spam folder and no sign of it there.  I'll update you if it does eventually arrive.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@youbme @Bigmac @makkahn28 @Daniel

Quick update: Email validation issue should be resolved as well!

Context: in your Self Serve account you will see a orange heading to validate your email, you need to click on "Click here" to validate your email address and you should receive an email from Public to validate the email address you are using.

Would any of you like to test and see if this is working?

Thanking you in advance!Smiley Happy

Bigmac

Thanks @Jeremy_M,

I tested again and found if I have loaded before and when I click again later the latency is less than 5 sec....

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Bigmac

Thanks for chipping in! It's greatly appreciated. To add some context to your comment, the latency has depreciated by a significant amount.

However - we definitely want faster load times, and we still have are tech teams on thisSmiley Happy

Bigmac

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

the UI is better than before. But now when I switch to other menu such as from overview to payment/plan&add-on, the response time is very long - about 1 min to open. @Jeremy_M

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That good ,

We can check how many data remaining during the period of time.

Hi. @Jeremy_M, the latency so far is much better, yet can still use more tweaking, so that loadings is even faster.

The Self-Serve Plan and rewards fee readout maybe out of sync. I'll let you know via pm

homer

Like it very much! Thx PM engineers 🙂 

@Daniel Thanks for mentioning that error. A couple others have pointed it out on the community before, so the community managers are already aware of the problem. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon...

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've notive a ssmall error : In the data usage, the title say's "Amount Remaining", but looking in the actual usage log, it's the amount used that is showing...!

usage error.PNG

And when clicking on the payment tag (on the top menu) the lagging issue look like it is still present...

imm1304

Hey @AndroidDav3,

You should be able to perfom all 3 tasks without a problem.  

@youbme told us on the previous page that plan change page is working now. 

I would start 2 days early with these changes, so in the event that you encounter a problem, you will have couple of days to get PM support staff to take care of it for you.

FYI: emailing PM support staff isn't so bad anymore.  I have received a reply within few hours to my last 3 emails, including the one from today.   

AndroidDav3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have until Dec 5th until my PM account expires. What are the chances of being able to use Self Serve to  successfully do the following 3 things before then?

1) Port Phone# from Bell

2) Change rate Plan from 30 day to 90day

3) Enable AutoPay

Has anyone been able to do any of the above successfully since the upgrades?

I hope this means the activation/porting/payment bugs are also all gone? Because that would be SO sweet!

@Jeremy_M Thanks for the update. Much improved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

Yes, performance is much better now, at least as fast or perhaps faster than before you introduced these changes a a little over a week ago (I think the Nov 14th-15th weekend IIRC).  It was a bit sluggish before, and still remains on some pages, but I think faster overall.

In terms of design you've done a pretty good job of bringing forward the info the user needs, when they need it.  Examples are the new home page where you include add-on usage summary info, and the Plans and Add-ons landing page where you show plan info, add-on info, payment info, and rewards info all up-front without having to dig into those sub-pages (though this page is one of the ones that is still quite slow to load).

I still think there's a lot of room for improvment to the Usage History page, especially now that the airtime and text summaries have been removed from the Add-ons Usage page.  I would still like to see the ability to view these different categories (minutes, messages, data) separately, as well as the ability to export the usage summary info for those of us that like to keep an eye on our various types of usage and how well our plans meet our needs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Just tried it, My Account page loaded instantly now.  

But, when I attemp to sign in, I get "...login failed, try again later..."  error message.

I have sent an email to get help with this already. Last time it was fixed within few hours via a password reset, so I am not really worried.  

There may be others who will get same error message since this happened to me twice in 5 days, both times after a change was made to the self-serve system.  

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Excellent! Thank you for the update @Jeremy_M. I did a quick run through the options and everything is working smoothly for me. I'm on 3g network right now with only a few bars, so I'll give it a more proper test later from my computer. I still haven't received a verification email, but not an urgent concern. Well done PM! Smiley Very Happy

Bigmac

Yep, it's solved. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@youbme @makkahn28 @Martin @Luddite

I wanted to give this thread a quick update:

Latency issue should be resolved. Clear your cache and you should have no issue logging in your Self Serve account.

Cheers!

youbme

Thanks for the prompt reply @Jeremy_M!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
@youbme

Still working on this one. No Eta as of yet. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

youbme

I forgot to mention, any word on the validation email? I haven't received anything yet, and have clicked on the link to resend verification email several times already... @Jeremy_M?

youbme

Hello all,

Just wanted to say that I managed to purchase a data add-on from self-serve and it seems that all the functions are working well on my end - the latency is significantly better than before. Loggin in takes about a minute, then the tabs are about 30 seconds for most. Before it was timing out on me, and I didn't dare try to make a purchase. Now, the purchase went very smoothly, no errors or issues.

Hopefully the speed can be dealt with soon....I know it is frustrating when we are all used to websites that are fare more responsive. Right now, the PM self-serve brings me back to the dial-up days Smiley Frustrated

You know, Self-Serve can certainly use more tweaking. @Jeremy_M, have to say, PM can certainly add more to Data Read-outs, like gauge, similar to a gas tank gauge in a automobile. Also, Really Had to say this as a suggestion, especially for those with poor eye sight or poor hearing: ESL and auto voice from Self-Serve to verbally read out the Data allocation.

imm1304

So, I was able to regain access to my account thanks to prompt same day replies from wonderful PM staffer named Julie.  

Feedback:  just noted that the estimated amount due on the next payment date differs betwen the Overview page and the My Rewards page.  

@AngryOldman It's not the actual phone service that is unreliable but rather the accounting and set up processes. Once you are connected you should find the it very reliable; I was with Telus prior to PM and have yet to experienced an outage. You are aware that PM runs on the Telus backbone?

AngryOldman

Thanks Luddite,

Much appreciated. I can totally cope without cell service, other than the fact that my kids may whale on me with their handsets if they don't soon work. I will also start a new thread in the future, as you suggested. Your description of your experience leaves me with the impression that PM is pretty unreliable. I hope that my cheapness and hatred of Bell will sustain me during times of difficulty.

Best Regards,

Angry (it's just a name)

@AngryOldman I have been on board for 5 months now and seen various bugs come and go (and return again). Obviously they won't be the same programming error but have the same impact. In any case, based on my watch of posts EVERY case has been resolved; even my own early on. It has not always been "pretty" or quick but always resolved.

Are you completely without cell phone service and need some ideas on how to cope?

The best "medicine" is an email to PM starting here Get Help outlining your problems; be sure to include your PM phone and account numbers if you got that far. It can take up to 48 hours for a first response. Be sure to let the Community know if that does not occur, or if your service starts.

Also read        We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues             .

For future reference it is best to start a new thread with your issue so that members can more easily track your concerns.

Patience is your best bet.

AngryOldman

Hi,

Is the "exciting new change" that it doesn't work? 'Cause the login times out, which looks like a known issue from browsing this thread.

Seriously, though, registered a couple of hours ago, phone doesn't work for talk or text, and calling to the number goes straight to VM without ringing the handset. So, after looking around the forums for awhile, it looks like this is a bit of a gong show... and 'bit' is being generous. So, can anyone with some experience with PM tell me if I can expect this to work at some point, or am I out $90 'till I call Visa?

Cheers,

Greg

Need Help? Let's chat.