Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

173 REPLIES 173

Martin
Legend
Legend

@Rhapsody,

The updates will not affect the ability to register and update a credit card, once this current glitch is eliminated.

FYI.

Rhapsody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do these updates include removing the ability to register a new credit card?  Or is that just a today thing?

mikefradette
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's in the online account area. I've attached a screenshot...

Untitled.png

@mikefradette

Is this in the Activation portal or in your online-account that your trying to port your number over?

Thanks!

mikefradette

I'm trying to port my number from Bell to Public Mobile. When checking elegibility, it keeps telling me "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance". It doesn't matter which cell phone number I put in, mine or anyone I know.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello all,

So far, I'm experiencing the same issues already discussed - particularly re: latency and I have not received any email to confirm my email address (already clicked on the link to re-send the verification email twice).

Other than these hiccups, which seem to be for everyone currently, I have to say that the look and feel of the self-serve site is significantly better than before. Key information is presented right away and the appearance on my phone is much better than before (nexus 5, firefox).

Once things are loading faster, I'll have a closer look for functionality. As has been mentioned in the PM Lab, a dedicated mobile app would be nice - or even a barebones mobile site for self-serve (possibly disabling some functionality for the sake of quickly viewing account information).

I can say, PM certainly saved my wallet. 90 day cycle is even cooler

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully PM will be able to solve the problem with latency. It's really hard lol

@tylejami335 wrote:

They made a post! They are currently doing updates.

You can't change your rate plan until later today.

Thanks!

-TJ *Click Bravo!* 🙂

Yup, hopefully they get that done with other improvements.

tylejami335

They made a post! They are currently doing updates.

You can't change your rate plan until later today.

Thanks!

-TJ *Click Bravo!* 🙂

Nice to see improvement on loading time. 

However, as i mentioned earlier, i am still unable to change my plan. Nothing would happen when i click "change on next renewal date" button Smiley Sad

@dhanadhan wrote:

Tried changing plan since i want to change it before renewal. 

After selecting what i want (new plan), i clicked "Change on next renewal date" and nothing happens. 

tylejami335

Love the updates!

tylejami335

I'm loving the the new look!! It's much more pleasent to see all your information in one place.

Thank you Public Mobile! 

- TJ **Please give this response a bravo ❤️ .**

@hitomi wrote:

Hooray! Second time worked perfectly. Now I'll just have to sit tight and hope everything goes smoothly.

Thanks for your clarification re: possible invalid SIM card. Either way, I'm glad to have avoided any further trouble.

Happy to hear that, @hitomi! Welcome to Public Mobile!

hitomi

Hooray! Second time worked perfectly. Now I'll just have to sit tight and hope everything goes smoothly.

Thanks for your clarification re: possible invalid SIM card. Either way, I'm glad to have avoided any further trouble.

@hitomi Just to clarify, if a second activation attempt on the same SIM card results in the SIM # being shown as "invalid", that simply implies that the earlier activation attempt did in fact go through partially. Not entirely a bad thing - and it certainly doesn't mean that you'll need to get a new SIM.

hitomi

^ Thanks for your reply. I really hope it won't come to an invalid SIM 🙂

Will try again and update here with my results.

@hitomi, go ahead and attempt to go through the activation process again. If your SIM card shows as invalid, it means the earlier activation attempt went through partially. In that case, please click on the "Contact Us" link in the footer below to send a webmail to PM customer support. They will resolve your issue in 48 hours - and if they're unable to, we'll have a community manager here escalate your complaint.

hitomi

Hi all,

I'm signing up to PM. After going through all the steps and putting in all my information and clicking "Activate" at the very end, I wait... and am redirected to a 404 page.

What now? I have not received a confirmation email about signing up. Should I go through the sign up process again?

Providing that PM can isolate the issue, I am confident PM will correct the issue at hand

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I understand @Jeremy_M, no worries.. will wait and watch ... I have full confidence in you guys, I am sure this will get fixed.  

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @imm1304

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The latency issues we are experiencing is definitely a drag and causing issues with Self Serve. I don't want to sound like a broken record - But all hands are on deck to get this issue fixed.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey,  I was looking forward to giving some feedback.  

Initially, load times were slow but all pages eventually loaded for me. 

However, since I am free today and sat down to test everything in self-serve, I am unable to sign in.  It says "Login attempt failed".  Until yesterday, the page loaded slow but I had access.  Today, the My Account page loads quickly but can't sign in.  

I have no pending tasks to complete in my self serve for another month.  So, I will just wait and see if tonight's maintenance will restore my access.  

latinomontreal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what You need to update is your *611 service by letting cx change their plans over *611 without such a hard time since YOU dont offer customer service anymore to new clients KEEP in mind your clientele is not a computer savvy......

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Mad

latinomontreal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did You know that many of your customers dont know how to use computer and dont have an email address and the worst part is that by calling *611 DONT mentioned the option to hear their rate plan something so simple or create an account online. many users are elders..... keep that in mind

The updates so far are OK. But I think it could be much better. Menu looks bland, Dull. For the Data readouts, if only they had put a Gas meter like icon beside the actual readout, maybe that could have given Self-Serve some character. Customizing the background a bit can also be another addition as well, adjusting brightness, contrast, sharpness, Add-Ons can also use more additions, as they're lonely,500 MB, 800 MB,all that can certainly be enticing. Load times must also be more faster, Not Too slow. But, so far, Public Mobile looks OK. Just requires more Zing.

Also, ability to register your IMEI on your Self-Serve can also be a game changer as well

iamnopreacher
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure if the 'exciting updates' are supposed to please or disappoint? It took forever to log into  Self Server this morning. 

hotcakes

Sure thing. It's still unusably slow this morning. I've been waiting for 5 minutes and still not logged in. As soon as it's working I'd be happy to lend a hand. Good UX benefits me just as much as everyone else.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @hotcakes,

503 erreor means the service is unavailable, this is most likelly due the the server maintenance there applying in order to resolve the slow response time of the client area.

But I would love if you could suggest design sketch in a new thread after your experience with the UI!

As a programmer, we are good with code, but we sometime (often) lack the design part!!! 😄

Need Help? Let's chat.