Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

173 REPLIES 173

@Jeremy_M OK Some exciting news. Got into my account but on the French page!! Translated the message and clicked "Email Not Received". Logging out took 10 minutes.

Awaiting new log in instructions.

Thankfully, no account changes needed until Feb 10/16! Smiley LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

15:10 Nov 20

A. Activation page is available.

B. Self serve comes up but log in times out (gave up after 5 minutes)

Yep, me too. I can not log in...

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite

Thanks for the update!

15:10 Nov 20

A. Activation page is available.

B. Self serve comes up but log in times out (gave up after 5 minutes)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

That's really helpful. I will give my feedback!! Thank PM and all members' effort 

yads
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just some feedback on the front page. Under my add ons it says "Amount Remaining", but the data that shows is actually how much you have used not the amount remaining. At least I hope it's the amount used 🙂

Edit: it looks like this issue has already been reported

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh boy...fun times.

On a weird note, after two days of having to wait a good 3-4min for anything to load, it only took a minute to get into my self-serve acount. I even managed to make it to a couple of pages, add-on usage, payment, profile. It's looking good - though I noticed that they took out the minutes count on the add-on usage page. Even though it's unlimited minutes for plans, it was nice to see how many minutes I use in total, not just the line-item calls and data info.

As I type this, it has slowwwwed again...haven't tried the French self-serve, I think I'll stick to the latency over error pages!

Oh, latency is certainly not fun. @Jeremy_M, you know what may fix the issues that are plaguing Self-Serve? The 3rd Death Star. After all, The Death Star is Mobile,and a public Station too lol

Yep - I just tried using the French login and now it says I've been locked out of my account. Fun! 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Jeremy_M,

Hi.

After being frozen out of my account for two days, I tried the link en francais. I received an error message, along the lines of "Oh no! Something seems to have gone wrong."

FYI.

@Jeremy_M Thanks for the update. So is the login failure also connected with the latency issue? A lot of us (myself included) have been unable to login for the last couple days ("Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.")

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Rhapsody @Martin

Just to give you an update - we are still working on the latency issue. Just to be clear as possible -the latency issue we are experiencing (can) cause other issues as well, such as:

• Registering Self Serve account
  • Making a top-up payment or modifying a credit card on file
  • Email validation

The patch/Fix  for this issue can be deployed at any moment. (Sooner than later):smileywink:

Current workaround: There is less of a Latency issue at the moment if you use the French Self Serve portal: https://libreservice.publicmobile.ca/

Thank you for your patience, and please advise those that are impacted by this issue with this information.

Cheers!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello @Jeremy_M and @Caroline_B (aka Bomba),

Now that you are back online, PM is in good hands!

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Don't assume. Send a webmail to customer assistance, detailing, as much as possible, the nature of the problem.

Cheers, and welcome to Public Mobile!

@Rhapsody wrote:

Or should I just assume they'll have figured that out from my day's worth of complaining?  😉

Yes! Robot tongue

Rhapsody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So is there a way to submit a bug report or something to let the PM team know that the make a payment screen for suspended accounts doesn't allow you to update your card?  Or should I just assume they'll have figured that out from my day's worth of complaining?  😉

Martin
Legend
Legend
imm1304,

Thank you for acknowledging intellectual property rights. 🙂

Rhapsody

Thanks, @imm1304!

Yeah, I'm so relieved knowing I can make calls now, even if it does take them a while to switch me back to my real plan.

Being completely cut off is a terrible feeling, and I was getting pretty anxious.  I'm just so glad I won't be stuck going back to Rogers and paying through the nose lol.

I can't wait for my real plan to roll over so I don't have to deal with PM's profoundly broken self-serve site for another 90 days at least lol  (hopefully more, if I don't need to replace this new debit card!)

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thats some progress, @Rhapsody.  

You got a reply on the same day, which is great.  Since your phone is back on, it should be ok if they take another day to act on your change of plan email request.  

Hang in there (*TM @MartinMan Happy

Rhapsody

They just got back to me from my email this morning - they threw me on some temporary 10 day plan which restored my ability to change my card info, confusingly enough.  I wonder if they're aware that the make-a-payment screen for suspended accounts doesn't have the card update option.

Anyway, so now I got my new debit card registered through self-serve and I just need to get them to change my plan back to my usual one since the plan change page still doesn't work.

@Rhapsody I'm going to have to agree with what @Martin said above. Too bad if PM loses its business from you - but that just may have to be it for now.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I empathize with you regarding lack of communication, irrespective of milieu. It's the not knowing that bothers me the most.

In light of the time, about 5:45 PM EST, and the fact that neither Mansi nor Jeremy is currently online, I highly doubt that the problem is going to be resolved today, nor are you going to receive an ETA/ETR.

I suggest porting to Rogers, and returning to PM when the glitch in question has been resolved.

Good luck!

Rhapsody

Beta is fine, glitches are fine, but it's the complete lack of communication that is possibly the most frustrating.  Give us information and let us make decisions.

I just need to know if this is going to drag on (meaning, I should go back to Rogers, because I need my phone and I know from experience giving Rogers money is never a problem lol) or if it's something they're expecting to get resolved at some point today.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

At the very top of the homepage, it says, "We are in BETA ...", which means that unexpected problems should be expected. Further, before signing up, one can attend this community to see what the current problems are, and how quickly they are resolved.

Rolling back the site to an earlier version is a non-starter. Considering the current problems that PM has, can you imagine how many glitches would be created?

@Rhapsody wrote:

An ETA (or ETR) is, with all due respect, something that *professional* organizations and companies would be able to provide once the problem is identified.  If the problem is large, involved, and requires extensive study then any , once again, *professional* team worth it's salt would do a rollback to a known-good or at least less-bad version to minimize user impact in the mean time while they work to resolve the problem with the new system.

So, once again, and with all due respect, *professional* outfits would not leave users/customers twisting in the wind for an entire workday with no information, no ETA, no scheduled progress updates, literally nothing.

I agree with you completely, and I feel your pain. PM really is a beta product as of now...there's lots of kinks to be worked out. Which is why I often say it's not for everyone. Though I kinda wish that after all these years of being around, that it were fully baked and ready for the mainstream by now.

Rhapsody

An ETA (or ETR) is, with all due respect, something that *professional* organizations and companies would be able to provide once the problem is identified.  If the problem is large, involved, and requires extensive study then any , once again, *professional* team worth it's salt would do a rollback to a known-good or at least less-bad version to minimize user impact in the mean time while they work to resolve the problem with the new system.

So, once again, and with all due respect, *professional* outfits would not leave users/customers twisting in the wind for an entire workday with no information, no ETA, no scheduled progress updates, literally nothing.

@Martin wrote:
@Rhapsody,

A specific ETA, such as, for example, by 4 PM tomorrow, is impossible to provide. How would anyone know, in advance, by when a technical problem is going to be resolved? With all due respect, to expect an ETA is illogical. That said, PM has a vested interest in resolving ALL problems ASAP, and is working with that objective in mind.

Though easier said than done, hang in there!©

Also, to add to this, let's bear in mind that lots of the same activation and porting problems have been around for MONTHS now, so realistically I am expecting it to take a while before all this is fixed. In the meanwhile, I'm sure PM support reps all have their work cut out for them!

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Rhapsody,

A specific ETA, such as, for example, by 4 PM tomorrow, is impossible to provide. How would anyone know, in advance, by when a technical problem is going to be resolved? With all due respect, to expect an ETA is illogical. That said, PM has a vested interest in resolving ALL problems ASAP, and is working with that objective in mind.

Though easier said than done, hang in there!©

Rhapsody

Has there been any confirmation of this issue being part of the current glitch?  I can't find PM speaking about it anywhere on the boards...  It's just been unavailable all day with no explaination outside of the message on the sign on page which only notes lag and plan changes as the affected areas...  😕

Have they given an ETA on the resolution?

@Rhapsody wrote:

Do these updates include removing the ability to register a new credit card?  Or is that just a today thing?

No way they can remove it. I am sure they will fix that soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.