Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve made some exciting updates to Self Serve, including a full make-over! We’re hoping you’ll agree that along with loving our new look and feel, you’ll also find our new Self Serve easier to navigate, making it a much better experience overall.

So log in to Self Serve https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/, check it out and comment with your feedback. Let us know if you experience any issues so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Your Public Mobile Team!

173 REPLIES 173

rdm_17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I find this system very user friendly and exciting to use. I’m a very happy public mobile customer!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @JayCaps,

If you wish your idea to be considered by PM, please move it to the Public Lab. That is the ONLY place that PM checks for new ideas.

FYI.

JayCaps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Noticed there was some talk about gauges and meters to see usage. Would also like something to see previous month usages. I find the current "listings" for plan usage to be confusing for montioring data usage historically. It's great for listing incoming and outgoing calls but not so much for data. Perhaps a summary of usage for each and every month would be a way to go, similar to an e-bill statement. That way it would allow us to look back.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

jgalpin580
Ok awesome, I thought it was!! Thanks!! 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Yes, it's a technical issue in the sense that the email should have been sent, but wasn't. It's a glitch, which I experienced earlier today.

In order to confirm your address, it would be best if you were to send a web mail to customer assistance, describing the problem at hand.

Cheers.

@jgalpin580 wrote:
One thing I'm noticing in the self serve, it's asking me to confirm my email, I clicked for the link and it doesn't send the email so I can do so, is this just a technical issue?

@jgalpin580 Yes, that is a current system bug. Seems to be have no impact on service or making account changes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jgalpin580
One thing I'm noticing in the self serve, it's asking me to confirm my email, I clicked for the link and it doesn't send the email so I can do so, is this just a technical issue?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome news 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

That's great to hear.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

AndroidDav3

Porting Phone# from Bell to PM went even smoother than I expected. Used Self-Serve, after entering Old acct# / PIN/ authname it took the info and displayed screen "Phone Number Change Successful" At this point the actual porting had not taken place, My Nexus5 which has the Bell SIM still worked and Nexus 5x with the PM SIM was still on temporary phone#. But 25 mins later got a text message from PM saying "Your Transfer request has been completed successfully".  After that tested incoming and outgoing calls on the Nexus 5x and everything looks good!

yads
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

Hi @makkahn28.  Thanks for suggesting this.  It might just be me, but I can't quite make heads or tails of what this would actually look like.  Squares, cricles, different colours?  Based on the mockup, it doesn't really look like a gauge to me?  It's probably me, but try as I may, I don't quite get it.  I'm sorry.  😞

Not just you, I can't figure it out either. As another poster said, designing for mouse overs is also poor design since it excludes mobile users.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I use only a phone; therefore, I wouldn't be able to use a mouse.

FYI.

srlawren

@makkahn28 wrote:

Here is my thought of how PM can do the Data Gauge so ppl can fully understand

What do you think, in conceptual idea?

Hi @makkahn28.  Thanks for suggesting this.  It might just be me, but I can't quite make heads or tails of what this would actually look like.  Squares, cricles, different colours?  Based on the mockup, it doesn't really look like a gauge to me?  It's probably me, but try as I may, I don't quite get it.  I'm sorry.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Here is my thought of how PM can do the Data Gauge so ppl can fully understand

Outer layer is the Gauge Meter: Black

Rate Data Plan: Green

Rate Plan Usage: Red

The Rate data plan would be in a square shape

Data Add-on Plan: Blue

Data Add-on Usage: Purple

Add-on data would be circle shape to distinguish it

when ppl hover mouse icon over rate or add-on and click, would see a detailed usage like this:

10/100%

234.22 mb / 2048 mb

for the rate data plan

27.98 mb / 1 gb add-on booster

262.2 / 3048  combined data rate and add-on plans

When depleted, would flash red to inform of data depletion like a gas tank, simple enough

What do you think, in conceptual idea?Public Mobile Data Gauge.png

@AndroidDav3 Thanks for posting about your positive experience with Autopay!

imm1304

Glad to hear your change of plan and autopayment worked properly.  

Porting from Bell shouldn't be an issue.  Even in worst case scenario, you can get the PM support to take care of it.  Hope you enjoy a trouble free service now.  

Rockdaddy22
Awesome news, glad everything worked out.

AndroidDav3

Auto Payment went through like it was supposed to (as far as I can tell). Checked that I Still have pnone/Data service on my phone, and according to summary screen I was properly switched from the 30-day play to the 90-day plan (I saw that some people had an issue where the plan wasnt switched, looks like issue is fixed).

Now that Auto-pay / plan change is taken care of, I  can do the phone# port from Bell this week.  One advantage is only having to worry about billing 4 times / year with PM instead of paying monthly bills with Bell (or any other carrier). Next payment isn't until March 4th.

PM_After_AutoPay_Dec6.jpg

srlawren

Hi @Jeremy_M, it looks like all disclaimers are finally gone from the self-sever login page--does that mean all the issues from the upgrades have been resolved?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

yes, keep us posted, as PM can only get better when all glitches are reported. Soon, I can see PM getting better, bigger, efficient and effective, and that may give PM the edge. Price points are excellent, 90 days is awesome, yet I think PM could perhaps offer a 120 day cycle, more cost effective, and allows ppl to save, and have the best of both worlds. if PM adds more above what's available too, then we'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Rockdaddy22
Make sure to let us know how it went

I had no issues with auto-pay, just the plan schedule tool, when it came time for my chosen plan to take effect, it failed and the original 90 day plan was in play, after emailing PM, that was corrected within a day

AndroidDav3

So far so good, was able to change my play to 90 days, and sign up for autopay. I was suprised it didn't ask to confirm credit card# or anything, I basically just had to click a button to activate autopay.

According to screenshot below payment should go through Dec 6th at 2am and hopefully all is good! If successful I can port my Bell# over (have until Dec 12th until Bell billing period ends, a 6 day buffer to get my PM acct fixed if something does go wrong).

Has anyone had any auto payment issues after the Self-Selve Upgrades?  On a positive note I noticed the Self Serve site is much quicker to respond than it was last week. The latency is still noticable, but a huge improvement.

PMAcctStatusAfter.jpg

imm1304

Hey @JordanTiger,

After too many unsuccessful attempts to login, you get locked out of the account for an hour or so.  

However, since you already have a genuine issue with plan renewal not working as it should have, I recommend that you write a webmail to PM support by going through the Contact Us link.

Provide all the info you are able to regarding your account in the form and request to get both issues resolved in one email.  

PM support will reset your password from their end and send you an email with a new temporary password to restore account access.  Do not worry, this will get fixed soon.  Send that email asap to PM support.  

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @JordanTiger,

I understand your frustration, but it's normal to be lock if you've tried multiple time to reset a password in a short amount of time. Those a regular brute force protections.

At this point you should open a supprot ticket with PM by following this link : http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

JordanTiger

My data plan was supposed to start on Dec 2. It has not worked all morning depsite 2 restarts and checking the network settings inside the phones setting menu.

I tried to get access to my account but I have forgotten my password. I recieved an error message that said "ForgotPassword/OldPasswordNotValidContactAdmin" several times...

But now it says I've been locked out.

pm locked out.pngThis is VERY FRUSTRATING! I NEED HELP NOW!

JordanTiger

My data plan was supposed to start on Dec 2. It has not worked all morning depsite 2 restarts and checking the network settings inside the phones setting menu.

I tried to get access to my account but I have forgotten my password. I recieved an error message that said "ForgotPassword/OldPasswordNotValidContactAdmin" several times...

But now it says I've been locked out.

pm locked out.pngThis is VERY FRUSTRATING! I NEED HELP NOW!

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Jeremy_M, the Self-Serve Log-In is sorta on the fritze, latency issues popping up a bit. requires more tweakings to ensure smooth transition

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Jeremy_M,

Thanks! 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.