cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exciting Avatar Update on December 5th - Brief Private Messaging Interruption Alert

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

It’s time for a fresh new look! On December 5th at 8 AM ET, we’re excited to introduce a brand-new collection of avatars to enhance your Community experience. Here's what you can expect:

• Your New Look: Watch as your current avatar gets a makeover at 8 AM ET on December 5th.*
  • Old Avatars, Farewell: Say goodbye to the current avatar library, as it will be entirely replaced with our exciting new collection. 
  • Express Yourself: Explore our fresh avatar library designed to match your unique style. Discover the one that genuinely reflects you.

Important Note on Engagement🚨: Notifications and private messages will be temporarily unavailable from 3 AM to 6 AM ET on December 5th during the update. You can resume your full community interactions after this period. 

*If you have a custom avatar, nothing will change

- The Public Mobile Team

A_CX_PM

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
21 REPLIES 21

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well said man well said👍👍

TheGx

Your cell phone Avatar is pretty cool I gotta say👍

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TheGx wrote:

Gotta say I'm disappointed with all the avatars old and new...

I'm not disappointed. Just unimpressed that they hype up small things (like forum avatars or brand logo or product artwork) so much while failing to work on improving major things (like broken support model and cantankerous EverSafe). Surely at least a few of those many marketers and managerials and surveys must inform somebody important that existing subscribers and potential subscribers all want certain things which are available elsewhere but unavailable at Public Mobile?

TheGx

Gotta say I'm disappointed with all the avatars old and new...

@Mossmyster33 

Click on your existing avatar>My Setting>then double >arrow then click on the one you prefer.

Mossmyster33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where do we create such avatars 

LEGO

Why PM keep messing everything up? We are going downhill... What a disappointment!

@Sansan , I agree! Those “new” avatars were already there previously when I looked, I just can’t remember what day it was!! All they did was remove the older ones! I got excited for nothing! 😆 I don’t like any of them so I just select one from tne Hermes Default ones instead.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I hope this is still being resolved.  I was excited and expecting great avatars but these are quite disappointing. 

How do these genuinely reflect me?

Ok fine, I choose from the minimal  list. Why does it automatically change each time I'm logged out and log back in??  Why does it not stay at what I choose?

Please say this is still under construction. 

@J_PM

@BKNS27  Mine had auto-updated to something that I figured out must be a cactus!  I went back to my previous slightly wilting tulip and it seems to be holding now.  Nope, spoke too soon, it's back to the cactus.

@Phil_Adelphus 

Yes the avatar held. It automatically changed to a tent with tree and I changed it to the cell phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks, I am happy and I am using the new Avatar already!!!

Same here. I changed it back and it auto changed. Nothing new showing???

@BKNS27   Did your change hold?  Mine changed automatically, didn't like it, went into settings and it looked like all the usual culprits were still there.  So I set it back to my previous avatar, the site said you have a new avatar.  Now an hour or two later I've got the one I didn't like back.  I changed it again, not sure if it will hold. Not that it's a big deal really but am I doing something wrong?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM 

Thanks, I’ve noticed my avatar automatically changed so I went into my Settings and changed it to the one I liked and it is an iPhone with the dynamic island! 👍

Priority

Could we pretty please keep the Hermes Default Avatars still?

Epic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Excited! Just joined the service. CS Agent is amazing and solved all my problems. I am ready to give back.

JuicySquid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excited to see the changes

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Can't wait!

TheSterlinger

Thanks for the downtime notice. 👀

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Thank you for the announcement on this🙂