cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time international plan

Ciaraa11229
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking into options to use my phone when I travel to Florida this December. Just seen there is a limited time international plan with 50gb and unlimited msg in Canada and the US. Would I just be able to switch over to this to avoid roaming charges.? Will this work to allow me to use Data and text messaging . Haven’t travelled internationally before with public mobile so looking for my best option.

6 REPLIES 6

Ciaraa11229

Thanks for your help!

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ciaraa11229, after switching make sure your Data Roaming is turned on and you may as well keep it on all the time as there will be no extra charges for you. If you go to the U.S. and you receive a text that says something like: Welcome to the USA! You can get a U.S. roaming add-on for.., just ignore it, it's automatically sent to everyone that crosses the boarder. Also, if you have any issues with service while in the U.S. you may need to manually connect to either T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon to see which one is sending out a stronger signal based on where you are but generally all 3 should work. Final note, if your phone is not on PM's white list of devices for VoLTE you may have issues making/receiving calls as the U.S. no longer supports 3G so you would have to stick with T-Mobile's 2G as they are they only ones that have 2G still running in the U.S. albeit very limited coverage. For text and data you will have no problems so you can even get away with using WhatsApp or other apps for calling worse case

Ciaraa11229

Perfect it is only a $1 more than what I was paying now for the same amount of data . Now it will just include the US as well. So I won’t really need to change back. Thank you 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ciaraa11229  Yes it’s true snow birds plan , you can call to and from each  country talk text and data 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Ciaraa11229 wrote:

Looking into options to use my phone when I travel to Florida this December. Just seen there is a limited time international plan with 50gb and unlimited msg in Canada and the US. Would I just be able to switch over to this to avoid roaming charges.? Will this work to allow me to use Data and text messaging . Haven’t travelled internationally before with public mobile so looking for my best option.

Hey @Ciaraa11229 

There are no such thing as roaming charges with Public Mobile.  This is a prepaid service. You pay ahead of time for what you want. So either a Canada/US package or US addons.

What you can do is this, you can switch to this plan, if you choose, and set it to change on the renewal date so you don't lose any funds you've already paid. THEN, when you're back, check to see what plans are available to you and pick one. It's that easy.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ciaraa11229, yes, this will be like a roam away from home, anything you can do in Canada you can do in the US. I have a very similar plan and love it. Keep in mind, if you switch to this one you likely will not be able to switch back to you old plan especially if it's a cheaper plan. PM has changed how and what plans are available to existing customers which seems to be based on whatever their current plan is priced at.

Need Help? Let's chat.