cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance scheduled – we’ll be back soon!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey there, we wanted to give everyone a heads up that Self Serve and Activation portals will not be available during the following maintenance windows:

Nov 14

Sat 12 AM – 8 AM EST

Nov 15-16

Sun 8PM – Mon 11 AM EST

Nov 18 - 19

Wed 12 AM – Thu 9 AM EST

During these times you won’t be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account to make a payment
  • Activate a SIM card
  • Swap your SIM
  • Change your phone number or port-in a number

large.png

Sorry for the inconvenience!

36 REPLIES 36

tylejami335
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the information.

@kovu104 There's an idea on this forum that would possibly cut down on the time needed to resolve issues such as yours (which are time-sensitive and/or complex). Please visit the following page and click the orange up arrow to "bravo" the idea if you support it:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

@kovu104 Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it seems self-serve still has some minor kinks that need to be worked out. For your purpose, PM Customer Support will follow up on your webmail and make sure your number is completely ported over. It may take them upto 48 hours to respond.

If your issue is still unresolved in 48 hours, we can have one of the community managers here escalate your problem internally.

kovu104

Thanks so much for the information so I sent the email under the contact us.

To clarify.

Created new account new SIM etc. When I ported my number it asked for my account number Virgin told me it was my cell number so I put that in it ported my number to PM but Virgin still has it active so when someone calls my PM number it still rings to Virgin. So I got the correct account number to port in again maybe thats why I am getting this error when I goto change phone number. When I click confirm and say I am the account holder for access it says that on PM's page in my account.

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance. 

@kovu104 Your situation is still unclear to me. Are you filling out a form through self-serve to port-in your Virgin mobile number?

If so, please click on the "Contact Us" link on the bottom (footer) of the page you are currently on. It will let you send an email to PM Support. Please make VERY sure you describe your issue in detail to them, and ask them to have your number ported from Virgin. If you fail to describe your issue in sufficient detail, it will delay the processing of your request until sufficient information can be gathered from you to understand what needs to be done.

PM is a self-serve brand with minimal assistance available from customer support, so this necessitates a bit more action on your part to get issues resolved.

kovu104

Sorr
We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance. 
y I am pretty new to the community.

I ported my number virgin said to use my phone number as the account number.

Is the maintenance that your doing affecting porting.

Contact us is saying when I put my number to port and click confirm it says this.

@kovu104 wrote:

Oh Great so I ported my number from Virgin it says contact you guys. So I wont be able to receive calls until Sat plus my card was charged asked me to add more funds so 50.85 + 45 dollars. How do you request the charge back if we cant call a 611 Number.

Thanks for your help.

@kovu104 Here's some follow up questions for you:

(1) Where does it say to "contact you guys"? Are callers to your recently ported number hearing that message? Did you get an email from Virgin telling you to contact PM? Did you get an email from PM asking you to contact them? Please specify.

(2) What makes you specifically sure you won't be able to receive calls till Saturday?

(3) If your activation was already processed, why did you add more funds? Where did you see something "asking" you to add more funds? On the self-serve?

(4) Have you sent a webmail to PM Support already? If not, please do so immediately through the "Contact Us" link.

(5) PM being a prepaid service, there are no refunds. However, if you have somehow double paid, you will be able to utilize the entire amount paid towards service. PM customer support will ensure this for you at your request.

Please try to explain your issue in more detail so we can be of assistance. We can only assist if we have a complete picture of your sitation.

kovu104

Oh Great so I ported my number from Virgin it says contact you guys. So I wont be able to receive calls until Sat plus my card was charged asked me to add more funds so 50.85 + 45 dollars. How do you request the charge back if we cant call a 611 Number.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@avignon

I agree it might seem a little scary, but trust me you will not lose access to your account. This is a known glitch and we are working on a fix.

Cheers!

avignon

Login my account, will see the scary warning:

"""

Please validate your email address using the email we sent to you. If you have not received the email, Click here

Without a valid email address, you will not be able to reset your password and you could lose access to your Self Serve account.

"""

But what confuse me are:

1. I have verified my email before.

2. After click the "Click here", I never receive any email to do the validation.

How to get rid of that warning?

Thanks

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @johncross

I know that they was a problem in the selfserve for regaining access to a forgoten password.

Most likelly this is one of the items that will be fixed in the upcomming maintenance!

johncross

Hi folks,

I am getting the following message on my self serve overview page. Never received any emails though.

Untitled.jpg

Clicking there to receive one doesn't help either. Checked my inbox, trash, there is no way I am getting an email from PM. 

Any ideas? 

mccans

It is really slow. I'm waiting 15 minutes just to signon.

I am still having issues with my account. They fixed one issue. But I cannot verify my email in my account. For some reason (I never changed it).

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A bit of a late response, but I did check my spam and there was nothing from PM. It must be something on your end.  As long I ( and everyone else) won't experience any problems because they couldn't verify their account(s), it isn't a big deal. Let me know when you think you've fixed the issue. I can verify for you. If, in the future, you need anyone at the user end to "beta test," let me know. 

Btw, the site looks great!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jeremy_M, I still can't get past the login page. When I click to login, it simply attempts to connect for a few minutes then the browser stops loading and am left back on the login page - without any error message.

millbilly1964

I like it so far(is this a godaddy) ,im a nu b here coming off fido..hope i shined a bit of light on the glitche 😏

@millbilly1964

Thank you for pointing this glitch out! We are currently verifying the deployment we did last night. We do see some light issues/bugs ....but we will try to squash them all, as soon as possible.

What do you think of the new look and feel?

Cheers!

millbilly1964

ok great glad its known..thanks😃

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just checked... nothing in the Junk Mail folder from PM/Everybody talk.  

@Jeremy_M Yep - I've already checked the spam folder (most recently just a few minutes ago). I'm quite certain the email is not being sent - since multiple people are complaining of the exact same thing. (including this new thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/checked-my-email-checked-spam-catchers-etc-... )

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@7789849803

Would you mind checking your junk folder - also the email subject line/sender would be Everybody talk.

I appreciate the help!

imm1304

Hey @Jeremy_M, sorry I got busy with work soon after the previous post.  No I did not receive any confirmation email.. same experience as @7789849803 above.  

@millbilly1964 This is a known issue that is currently being worked on. You'll see references to this problem on other threads as well. Hang in there for now - it should be resolved soon.

Meanwhile, all the other functionality of self-serve should still be available to you.

millbilly1964

2015-11-16_160519.jpg

checked my email, checked spam catchers etc.. ...still no verification is ever received..cannot verify my account what now?

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Please advise me if when clciking to validate your email address, you actually get an email and are able to validate it.

For me, I never receive an email after clicking the validation link. It shows me a confirmation message saying the email has been sent - but I still never receive it.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304

Happy to hear you like the new interface! It's normal that it requires you to verify your email address - if you haven't done so already.

Please advise me if when clciking to validate your email address, you actually get an email and are able to validate it.

Thanks!

imm1304

And looks like account acces got restored as we speak.  Although slower than usual, the My Account login page has loaded and I am logged into my selfserve account now.  

Its looks better than the old interface.  It asked me to validate my email address again as soon as I logged in.  

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@youbme

@youbme wrote:

@MF and all, it looks like the self serve portal is still down. I've never had any issues logging in to the portal, but I just tried to log in and it does not even load the login page at all. My browser keeps searching for the My Account page, then just stops and returns to the initial page I was on (i.e. the community forum OR public mobile's home page).

Looks like things are in transition at the moment!

Your absolutely correct - we did a major overhaul in the back-end last night and this is one of the issues that we are currently trying to resolve. I will update the community with this issue soon enough!

Thanks!

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MF and all, it looks like the self serve portal is still down. I've never had any issues logging in to the portal, but I just tried to log in and it does not even load the login page at all. My browser keeps searching for the My Account page, then just stops and returns to the initial page I was on (i.e. the community forum OR public mobile's home page).

Looks like things are in transition at the moment!

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a heads up, self-serve is still timing me out when I try to log on. I was trying to change my password. After reloading many times, It did finally work (I think) but I then got a message indicating that my account needed email verification or it could be suspended. I have been with Public Mobile since June, so I am not sure if I need to have my account verified again. I did click on the link to receive an email verification, but haven't gotten one. 

I'm not sure if I should be concerned or if everything will be resolved once the site maintenance is complete.

thanks

MF

Need Help? Let's chat.