cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: New plans launching on April 23rd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective April 23rd, 2019, the following price plans are being offered.  These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$30 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 2, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 2 GB of data at 3G speed

$45 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

Why is this change being made?

The decision to introduce these rate plans was made with respect to market dynamics.

223 REPLIES 223

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can always count on the Public Mobile apologists!  

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well keeping it equal with the higher price plans a couple of competitors have introduced. 

Language is funny sometimes.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

lol, so the price gone up from $25 to $30, "competitive response"?

alex6999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Plans in first post does not looks good. PM just force me to switch plan, switched to

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

Not bad for $50

I need US calling

@bar0460 wrote:

So yesterday's $25 plan was retired only to be resurrected at the new price of $30....a 20% increase?!? LMAO

Yes, and only two months ago that plan was $30 not $25 so a zero percent increase from that. It was a promotional plan. And a couple months before that the same $30 plan only included 1/2 GB rather than 1GB. So I’m not feeling your outrage!

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'd really like to see the 25$/unlimited call and text/1 gig plan brought back. If Lucky and Freedom still have them, why shouldn't we?

Chantellemax

I already pay 45$ and I get 1g of data??? Why if this is already the amount I pay, am I not already getting the same benefits as this "new plan" and in further fact, why if I already pay this amount did my service even get cut off? Any real answers to this would be lovely!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@luke11992 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Best deals I have ever seen.

No, this is a price increase from their latest plans.

Robert was clearly being sarcastic.

What Robert didntbtell us is he has always been blind, was born blind but this morning he woke to having site forvtge first time in his life! Hecquickly got online to the Publuc Mobile Plans site declaring them to be the Best deals he had ever seen!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Athos wrote:

I just signed up for the $25 plan. I would not have switched if it was $30 and if I can't keep the $25, I'll switch to another vendor. My service has been good so far, but I am a little concerned about the feedback on the forums so I may seek other alternatives for my other phones.

If you signed up before yesterday's deadline you should be fine and be able to keep your plan.

Athos

I just signed up for the $25 plan. I would not have switched if it was $30 and if I can't keep the $25, I'll switch to another vendor. My service has been good so far, but I am a little concerned about the feedback on the forums. Raising the price and calling it "new plans" doesn't strike me as very honest and reflects poorly on the integrity of PM.

bar0460

So yesterday's $25 plan was retired only to be resurrected at the new price of $30....a 20% increase?!? LMAO

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K , wow, nice plans.  I was just mentioning this last week how there needs to be a $30 plan with data, and just like that you've answered our prayers, lol.  Great job PM.

ApS

Is this a random thing? My husband just got home and his phone is working! He's paid until April 26 - I am until the end of the month - and yet he has service and I don't. Same plan, same credit card on auto pay and payment that is supposed to go through before mine. Just wondering exactly how the service is being cut in some but not all...is there a special reason?

ApS

thanks duffer900  I just messaged moderator using link you sent. I'll wait for an answer but wondering if maybe I just should pay so I can get service in case the hospital calls again and deal with the "over payment" later when things are less chaotic.

maggie_anne1987
Is that why plan expired today eveb tho it's only been 23 days  I not 30?! How do i fjx it because i  I will not be paying twice!! @Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective April 23rd, 2019, the following price plans are being offered.  These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$30 for 1 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed

$40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 2 GB of data at 3G speed

$45 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

Why is this change being made?

The decision to introduce these rate plans was made with respect to market dynamics.

jacksoj11

I refuse to pay again, when we paid last week. Time to alert the media....

This is so not right that you had to pay again to restore your service.

francine75011

since my service wasn't back, I paid again and I now have service.  Will deal with public mobile later.  Thinking of changing company.  Sometimes 5-7$ less is not worth the hassle and the lack of customer service.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sadly, best bet is contact moderators, who are really busy

click here to private message a Moderator

ApS

OK I get it and but we all that lost service without warning are upset and rightly so.  I am paid until the end of the month have surgery tomorrow and already missed several calls from the hospital because I can't make or receive calls and I didn't even know it. Not very good from a company I've been quite happy with for almost 10 years.

OK rant over, so what do I do now? I"m paid till the end of the month,do I have to make a payment so I can back my service back? Will I then be reimbursed in any way for the days I am loosing since my payment was not to be due till the end of the month?  Can anyone respond to this so I know what to do? Appreciated

@mh1983 wrote:

@Haiggy wrote:

Disappointing.

Agreed...so the $25 plan lasted for like a few months? Not cool. I'm on that plan now; will I have to switch to something new before the next renewal or can I keep the plan so long as I don't change things?

You can keep the plan.  No changes have been announced for people who already have this plan.

jacksoj11

It would be a nice gesture or common courtesy for the moderators to respond to everyone that is experiencing suspension on their accounts. A simple "we are working on the problem," is all that is needed to be said...... rather than ignoring us. 

This is not good customer service!!!!!!

I guess the next step is to contact CCTS-CPRST.ca if these complaints remain unresponsive and unresolved.....

I wonder if their system has been Hacked....hence no response...

@luke11992 wrote:

Wrong direction, but still way better prices than the competitors at least.

more like copying even when things gets worse price and fetaure-wise

@luke11992 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Best deals I have ever seen.

No, this is a price increase from their latest plans.

Robert was clearly being sarcastic.

corriewright

you are one of the lucky ones. I got cut off and I have no money to hook it up until the end of the month. I am afraid to pay ever again because all they have to do is offer  so called dealls and then paying customers get cut off? this is so unacceptable. This is downright fraud being perpetrated by Public Mobile and Telus.

corriewright

I know. This is pure crap. How can a person trust a cell phone company like this? so what if i pay again even though i already paid for the month and they decide on another **bleep** and bull scheme again? I can reply on Public mobile any longer. 

Chantellemax

The spoiler message under the original message on this thread with the plans, literally says, to get the most out of your money, change your plan at the end of your service month, in other words,  if you change your plan early you will loose out on the money you paid for the month. So what are we supposed to do if the service just ups and gets cut off?

corriewright

so because of this I just get cut off? with no warning ? even though i am paid up intil the end of the month? not cool. i am disabled on a fixed income and am now left with no phone even though i was all paid up. If something bad happens I have given my adult children this message so they can now sue Telus aka Public mobile. this is totally unacceptable Public Mobile. I have no telephone now. Moderators do not get back to me either. I want my service resumed and also want some kind of reimbursement for my anguish

corriewright

my service is also suspended.  am so pissed off

corriewright

omg so paying customers just get cut off with no warning because new deals are being offered?

Prakashb

Can you please also communicate on the connectivity issues PM customers are facing 

Need Help? Let's chat.