cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: New plans launching on April 23rd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective April 23rd, 2019, the following price plans are being offered.  These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$30 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 2, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 2 GB of data at 3G speed

$45 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

Why is this change being made?

The decision to introduce these rate plans was made with respect to market dynamics.

223 REPLIES 223

sheldonmcbride
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Self-aggrandizement self-awareness self-help

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

If you would like to never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, follow the instructions here:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc.

If you appreciate those instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

Why are you here anyway, other than lurking and leaving condescending remarks, as it that is not "self-aggrandizement"? At least I am trying to help others. What have you got to offer? 

LaOmbra

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

If you would like to never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, follow the instructions here:

If you appreciate those instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

@momcabobyn wrote:

The new pricing seems not so good. I think we may start to look at some of the other non-PM plans over the next while. 

Cheers

djcalixs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can reach someone who works for telus or Go to near by telus store

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think it's intermittent. Everyone's been telling me have to call me three times before it goes through,and my calls have been dropping but my wife hasn't noticed an issue

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CalvinW wrote:

Overpriced phone plans where it's now impossible to even make a call. Expect calls to drop every 5 minutes.

Even though so far all of our 3 PM accounts have not encountered any problems and we recently  ported our numbers from Bell to PM I'm getting a bit concerned. My concern stems from the many complains and negative comments especially your post considering that you have been with PM since 2017.  We daily text many times and use data, although we mostly use wifi because our phones are set up to only use data when wifi is not available. Perhaps we're just lucky or is it because we  very seldom make voice calls?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Overpriced phone plans where it's now impossible to even make a call. Expect calls to drop every 5 minutes.

BEER

@Klane wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@Waelallison & @BEER 

Freedom LTE+3G 9.5GB Promo

9.5GBfor$43/mo.†

• 3GB fast LTE + 6.5GB 3G speed data with no data overage fees!

• Unlimited Canada-wide talk 

• Unlimited global text

•  
  • Or $50 9 GB LTE Usa Roaming plan

Plus they have a million locations and call center to help  and you can get a New free phone 

That is much more for Less than PM

OK ..you like tons of DATA ..and like to be tied down to a contract... . because perhaps you don't have WIFI at home and you want to watch 1 or 2 HD movies when your camping. But the key question is if you can get a better deal elsewhere why do you bother with PM ?

@BEER  dont make assumptions, you know absolutely nothing about anyone's needs !  You simply asked for Examples of better deals and I provided them.  Those are the first two I came across, there are many more.  And yes, unless PM gets its service fixed and some better deals many people will leave when they realize they pay more for a lot less and terrible service.

Sorry ... thanks for pointing out that I "know absolutely nothing about anyone's needs " and that you do. But the burning question that you haven't yet answered......... is since you say you know  that PM has "terrible service" and that there are better deals with other providers ..... why are you still with PM and also on this forum?

HOWEVER PM meets my requirements and I strongly disagree that their moderator service is --as you say "terrible". For my needs, I prefer the ($15-$2) $13 plan that works out to only $156 year compared to your example of $600/year.

NewZQ

I am still on the plan 40$/4.5gb+ bonus 0.5. They better not "suspend" my service just to get a more expensive plan.

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are ways to solve your problems on your online public mobile account, contact a mod and they can help solve your issues, cheers

Felixbthe1

There is online help in your account, contact a mod to resolve your issues. Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deepee1544 wrote:

These plans are garbage. 3G, what is this 2010?

The 3G term is dumb. What it really is, is 4G LTE connections throttled down to 3G *speeds*. In this case 3mbps.

It has been said that they should call it LTE Lite.

deepee1544

These plans are garbage. 3G, what is this 2010?

Chantellemax

Ok thanks

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chantellemax wrote:

@CS_Agent why do I not see any of these options when I click on change plan? Have they all expired? They were only available for 2 weeks? What's going on?

@Chantellemax 

As per the May 2 update of the announcement, the $30 offer for 1 GB at 3G speed has expired. The other two plans ($40 for 2.5 GB and $45 for 4.5 GB) are still available.

Chantellemax

@CS_Agent why do I not see any of these options when I click on change plan? Have they all expired? They were only available for 2 weeks? What's going on?

glemlin

They had 5gb for $40 last month.. I suppose they need to occasionally change to lesser deals just to make sales sound better.

BEER

@Klane wrote:

@BEER 

@BEER wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@Waelallison & @BEER 

9.5GBfor$43/mo.†

• Unlimited global text

•  

Plus they have a million locations and call center to help  and you can get a New free phone 

OK ..you like tons of DATA ..and like to be tied down to a contract... . because perhaps you don't have WIFI at home and you want to watch 1 or 2 HD movies when your camping. But the key question is if you can get a better deal elsewhere why do you bother with PM ?

@BEERSounds like you dont like big DATA, Lucky has an unlimited Canada plan + 1.5GB data for $25 

PM has prov wide talk &  no data for the same price.... needs more examples ?

Sorry - don't want to be going back and forth but will cut and paste the $13 PM plan that I'm referring to. It may not be for you but for my most important criteria is that  it includes unlimited texts -- followed by enough data for me to use my banking, google and email needs followed by the almost never used voice minutes. 

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 minutes Limited Canada-Wide Talk
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Texts

ScottJohnson

Pretty sure PM had just last month a $45 plan with 4.5 gigs. These plans all sounds like a downgrade.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klane 

So I had a look.

$10 plan - can't add any data - win PM
$15 plan - again can't add data to the 250mb autopay and also is like old PM $15 plan. Now PM has unlimited incoming - win PM
$20 plan - again can't add data to the 250mb autopay - but win LM for some data
$25 plan - win LM - like old old PM $25 - hello PM

That's as far as I care to go. I'm a bottom dweller 🙂 $10 thank you very much. I'll stick with PM.

And the final kicker...I see no mention of anything resembling rewards over there (other than bonuses for autopay). PM has 4 kinds of rewards.

Klane

@Karnbot13  I see Freedom is still only good in Major Cities,  I am not suprised since you had issues.   I seen they have expanded a lot around Ottawa and every little city between here are Toronto is covered too.

Right now the best option for people that are used to PM would be lucky, basically same as PM but on the Bell network and has a few more perks and some more data on thecheapest plans.

I read an article just yesterday that Freedom be the first Cheap Provider to offer 5G with Unlimited data... maybe then I will go back.

Just a warning on freedom, get a plan with them ghost and don't lock in our port the number. The dealsv are great on the paper and in small area where they work. I had unlimited roaming in both canada and usa, while it worked well when i cross border, once I'm inn canada I the area without service canadian roaming NEVER worked, and i moved into spotty area which meant i could have couple of minutes of connection if it was sunny and I'm on the last floor. I would get20 missed calls and 6 hours later 30 texts, and they kept promising, i call from land line and I'm with them for hours and they transfer me to higher level tech support where i wait for 20 minutes just to be disconnected right after saying hi

Then i decided I'll trade with a relative and let home use my account since that plan is not offered anymore, i wanna keep my old phone and for him i was eligible for upgrade, well nope again, it's an 'old' plan they called it grandfathered which is absolutely NOT as that account was created in freedom store not wind store, but they had that policy change that stated grandfathered plans are not elige for upgrade, so now they call everything younger than conceived grandfathered, and somehow my usa data roaming i had was also gone (i know i had it as i used it at the beginning)  so i have to go find the papers when i signed up, call customer support ohhhhh

So on the paper it's great 45 (40 with digital discount) 5g of lte, unlimited ( actually 2300mins) calls to usa and canada, unlimited roaming in us and canada (calls, texts and data), and data never ends, they slows down. I was really happy for long time cause everywhere i went it worked great, would sometimes drop connection or just blank out for a minute on highway, but other services had the same issue. 

The problem started once i had to call 611

Oh yeah and one of the first times i called to complain about the connection you know what the rep said? You won't believe this: it's freedom mobile, what do you expect.

Klane

@momcabobyn wrote:

The new pricing seems not so good. I think we may start to look at some of the other non-PM plans over the next while. 

Me Too,  I have found better plans at Freedom and Lucky

Klane

@Anonymous   Same here for the Cottage, although unless the service gods do something amazing in the Next month for me I am going with the Lucky  Unlimted Talk & text t 1.5GB data for $25

Klane

@BEER 

@BEER wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@Waelallison & @BEER 

9.5GBfor$43/mo.†

• Unlimited global text

•  

@BEERSounds like you dont like big DATA, Lucky has an unlimited Canada plan + 1.5GB data for $25 

PM has prov wide talk &  no data for the same price.... needs more examples ?

Karnbot13

@troyfy wrote:

When I try to switch plans, there's nothing in the new plan box. This seems to be with any plan i choose. Is this a glitch?

Try disabling your adblocker while you're changing the plan

momcabobyn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klane 

My needs are rural. Rogers isn't very good where I am therefore nor is Freedom. It's Telus or Bell for where I am. I'm fine with that.

Next.

Klane

@BEER wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@Waelallison & @BEER 

9.5GBfor$43/mo.†

• Unlimited global text

•  

@BEER  dont make assumptions, you know absolutely nothing about anyone's needs !  You simply asked for Examples of better deals and I provided them.  Those are the first two I came across, there are many more.  And yes, unless PM gets its service fixed and some better deals many people will leave when they realize they pay more for a lot less and terrible service.
Need Help? Let's chat.