cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: New plans launching on April 23rd

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective April 23rd, 2019, the following price plans are being offered.  These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$30 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 2, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 2 GB of data at 3G speed

$45 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed (Update as of May 10, 2019: This plan is now expired.)

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

Why is this change being made?

The decision to introduce these rate plans was made with respect to market dynamics.

223 REPLIES 223

Santic93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan suddenly expired and I got no warning like I normally do when my payment is due. My next payment isn't due for almost 2 weeks (May 4th)

loufika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't paid or changed anything on my plan and it was fixed a few minutes ago. 

francine75011

I just added another 40$ in my account and... SURPRISE... my phone and text service is up and running again.  However, data is problematic... sometimes it works and sometimes it takes forever to kick in.

Curious to know what's their problem today other then to rip off us. They like social media they should write something on their facebook page or on their website.

I also forgot to say that after I paid on April 15, I lost all data 2 days later with no reason and since there is no call center anymore, I had to wait for a moderator to correct the problem.  Never knew what it was.

And then, this new thing this morning.

loufika

Had the same issue. I wrote to the moderators, didn't get word from them, but my service was restablished a few minutes ago. Hopefully, the whole thing will get fix soon. 

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So because you chose to change your plans in the middle of some people's service months, we all have to suffer? I have 2 weeks left on my plan I already paid for. So am I loosing that now? If I upgrade to a new plan, do I get the time I had left as a discount? Or do I pay the new plan and loose out on money now? 

@mh1983 wrote:

@Haiggy wrote:

Disappointing.

Agreed...so the $25 plan lasted for like a few months? Not cool. I'm on that plan now; will I have to switch to something new before the next renewal or can I keep the plan so long as I don't change things?

Stay put on the plan and you can keep it most likely indefinitely though not guaranteed forever. Terry

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I saw this feed and immediately thought the same thing - new plans + new system updates = loyal customers get screwed! This is ridiculous and people who have actually paid their accounts deserve at least an answer as to why this is happening and that they are working on the problem. 

Felixbthe1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not too shabby, thanks Alan K

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Haiggy wrote:

Disappointing.

Agreed...so the $25 plan lasted for like a few months? Not cool. I'm on that plan now; will I have to switch to something new before the next renewal or can I keep the plan so long as I don't change things?

Haiggy

Disappointing.

Chanah

@luke11992 wrote:

Wrong direction, but still way better prices than the competitors at least.

Youre aware that Lucky Mobile still has the 25$ talk/text/1 gig of data plan? 

CTet

- IS THIS WHY MY SERVICE (WHICH WAS RENEWED APRIL 13TH FOR ONE MONTH) GOT CUT OFF AFTER ONLY 10 DAYS? AND I AM ASKED TO PAY AGAIN TO GET MY SERVICE BACK

- WHEN WILL THIS PROBLEM BE FIXED?

- IS ANYONE PRESENTLY WORKING ON THIS?

corriewright

this is a rip off. right after you pay they suspend your account and there is nobody to talk to or help you with this issue. 

Kovaelin

I found the previous plans more competitive than these replacement ones, but that's no surprise. I appreciate the early warning, and suspected pretty much exactly this.

luke11992

Wrong direction, but still way better prices than the competitors at least.

luke11992

@RobertQc wrote:

Best deals I have ever seen.

No, this is a price increase from their latest plans.

corriewright

my account is suspended also. I encourage all public mobile users to report this to the better business bureau. they have ripped off all of their customers. Unless I get a reimbursement nothing will do at this point. I am beyond angry.

corriewright

no sense getting any new plan with public mobile because they take your money and just cut your service and there is nobody to even complain to. This company is a total rip off now that they do not have a call centre.

Treadseeker

I'll give that a shot, hopefully they fix this unstabilty.

No comment other than people probably know what I think of these plans.  The previous responses in this thread tend to tell me that members are less than impressed.

Treadseeker

lots of frustrating news today

francine75011

I had live service up until last month when they cut it to their older customers.

francine75011

@lisa_insane this is not what I call service to get an answer between 2 and 48 hours.  What I pay at Public Mobile now is not a price so great that I cannot have customer service when I need it.  They just need to add more employees.

@francine75011 wrote:

sent 3 messages to moderator since this morning.  no possibility to speak live with someone. very frustrating.

You will only need to send one message.  The more messages you send the more they have to go through.  You should have known that there was no live chat or phone help when you signed up for this service.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LindaRose38

I call public out on bull**bleep** launching new plans on **bleep**ty service how about u work with the people who have worked with u for years instead of screwing them around 

@lisa_insane wrote:

My service is also suspended, trying to get in touch with someone is a nightmare

@lisa_insane,  @francine75011 , moderator response time is 2 hours to 48+ hours *during heavier than normal request times)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

francine75011

sent 3 messages to moderator since this morning.  no possibility to speak live with someone. very frustrating.

LindaRose38

Bull**bleep** Public mobile public continues to screw around with people regardless, 

lisa_insane

My service is also suspended, trying to get in touch with someone is a nightmare

francine75011

there doesn't seem to be any moderator working at this time.. Radio silence on that part! grrrrr

Need Help? Let's chat.