Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@dawna wrote:

I tried texting 4911 today (with "YES") and I got the response "you aren't eligible for this offer".  Odd, we've been customers for almost 3 years.  I have not yet received the text asking to reply "YES" to obtain the bonuses.

You haven’t received the text yet… you were just trying to answer YES to see if that would work? Someone said that it wasn’t possible to do that if you haven’t received the text yet so maybe this confirms that scenario. They have another week until Dec 15 to have all the texts sent.

AE_Collector

@LiLan wrote:

Both my spouse and I received texts confirming 2G extra data and 500 international call minutes. We were already on unlimited Canadian calls. My spouse tried to call United States shortly after receiving the bonus minutes and was told that he used up all his minutes. I tried on my phone and received the same message.

Why is that?

You are definitely dialling 1 plus area code before the 7 digit number? Some people assume 1 isn’t needed if there is no charge for a long distance call but that isn’t correct.

That said, I vaguely recall a problem like this a year or two ago with something that PM gave us that didn’t work properly initially.

AE_Collector

dawna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried texting 4911 today (with "YES") and I got the response "you aren't eligible for this offer".  Odd, we've been customers for almost 3 years.  I have not yet received the text asking to reply "YES" to obtain the bonuses.

@Nezgar wrote:

Have you tried anyway? Others here have reported even without a roaming add-on, they were still able to send/receive texts from 611 and 4911. Especially as of today where the 4911 shortcode seems to actually be responding now.

You can try pre-emptively sending "YES" to 4911 if you suspect that you somehow missed the offer or that you won't receive the offer. This may or may not accomplish anything, but it's unlikely to break/confuse the system, it can probably provide PM with a timestamped record that you submitted approval (if they bother to look), and it's a trivial effort.

@LiLan  thanks for confirming

@computergeek541 @Dunkman   this is at least the 3rd post I saw complaining cannot call with the LD bonus after it was added. Ppl tried to call US and UK and India, can you kindly check from your channel to confirm if PM awards of such issue?  thanks

LiLan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I rebooted and got the same recording. I checked my account and it showed the add-ons. I received the add-on text confirming that on Sunday Dec 5.

@LiLan you see both addons on your My Account?  Maybe try a reboot and see if it works. 

But it is true that there are multiple reports saying they cannot use the LD addon immediately,  maybe need to wait another day ..let us know your experience  after a reboot 

LiLan

Both my spouse and I received texts confirming 2G extra data and 500 international call minutes. We were already on unlimited Canadian calls. My spouse tried to call United States shortly after receiving the bonus minutes and was told that he used up all his minutes. I tried on my phone and received the same message.

Why is that?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had to reply 'yes' a second time, but as soon as I did I got the sms reply that the rewards were added. so if anyone else is running into the same problem, that might fix

@imisstraveling wrote:

As title says, What is the validity of add on bonus? Does it expire after a certain time or valid till I have the connection? 

The wording of your question combined with your screen name (yes, I miss travelling too.. hopefully next year, just like we were saying last year) leaves open the possibility that you are out of the country now and unable to receive a text thus wondering how long it will be valid for you to reply once you are back in Canada. Let us know if that is what you were getting at. Others have explained the other side of add-ons being valid until you use them up completely.

AE_Collector

@Kala wrote:

Top up my rewards gift

The More is Merrier 2021 gits of 2GB data and 500 minutes of LD calling will be applied after you respond to their SMS text with YES. That could be anytime between now and Dec 15th

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kala : All sorts of possible interpretations in that short post. What are you wanting or have a problem with?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kala 

for more info visit here link

Kala

Top up my rewards gift

@Meow   good news is that .. the message dies down quiet  down a lot today, so.. i guess the YES  traffic is easing a bit , maybe it will be bad to normal tomorrow.. let's hope

@softech wrote:

you tried phone reboot?  if so, try again tomorrow then

are you in the West coast?  it was said that seems to be a bigger issue with people in the west coast

I tried reboot. Ontario, I will try tomorrow. Not a big deal. I KNOW PM will help me out resolving this so I am not worried.

Just wanted to let other that this could happen and see if anybody else is experiencing similar issue.

Snuffy

Thanks PM got my holiday bonus. No one else offers data and minutes until used up. Thanks Again.

you tried phone reboot?  if so, try again tomorrow then

are you in the West coast?  it was said that seems to be a bigger issue with people in the west coast

@softech wrote:

@Meow   you tried today?

Yep. I received SMS from PM at 12:58 but replied at 15:36...

@LeePublic wrote:

@Meow Maybe try replying YES to 4911 separately from the received text? 

I tried, but since 4911 is already there it takes me back to initial SMS and I am afraid to delete the whole conversation not to screw up even more...

@Meow   you tried today?

Yes. I did receive SMS regarding Holiday Bonus and tried to reply YES, Yes, yes and reply was always 'incorrect reply'

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meow Have you received the message from 4911?

LeePublic

@Meow Maybe try replying YES to 4911 separately from the received text? 

LeePublic

Even though the list of countries is fewer, some people reportedly can call any country that is included with the $15 add-on on the free 500 min holiday bonus:

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tim5681 

in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

International call from Canada, dial: 011 area code Digit Mobile Number.

To call Hong Kong from Canada, dial: 011 - 852 - Area Code

Land Phone Number 011 - 852 - 8 Digit Mobile Number,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

I am getting weird message when replying YES.

Screenshot_20211208-154859_Messages.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech wrote:

@popping  I guess replying to 611 also works? they that "express" lane get you the bonus instantly?

I received my 4911 offer on Sunday and replied YES with no confirmation.

I read a few posts on sending YES to 4911 again and I did with no confirmation this morning.

The 611 confirmation text may be manual process to add add-ons for the previous failed accounts.

But I am not sure that sending YES to 611 will do anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tim5681 

for holiday gift,

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

for more info visit here link

tim5681
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I got a free gift from public mobile.500 international long distance bonus

which countries are included in the 500 international long-distance bonus? Does HONG Kong included?

L

Need Help? Let's chat.