cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Finland Included in the Long-Distance Add-On?

JimmyBobFred617
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going to be on a work term in Finland for the next 3 months, and I'd like to add international texting/calling to my phone plan, but it doesn't look like Finland is included in the countries listed in the Long-Distance Add-On information. Is there a way for my phone to make calls and texts while in Finland? Or will I have to get a new SIM card or an entirely different phone plan?

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No Finland.

Cheapest option would be one of free voip apps to make a call/SMS through WiFi.
Or try to get local SIM.

If you consider to continue being PM customer, suspend your PM account so you do not pay for nothing BUT do not forget to log in around 85th day of suspension and pay for the next 30 days or your account will be deleted, number lost after 90+ days of no pay. You can even downgrade to $15 plan while away (unless you have great plan you want to keep).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JimmyBobFred617  Sorry PM only has roaming in  the US your best to get pre  paid SIM card in Finland for your trip .

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JimmyBobFred617 

You can only use Public Mobile within Canada and the United States. Public Mobile does not work over seas. The only option you can try is to get something like TextNow here in Canada, pick a local number to where you live and use it on a data plan or WiFi out there for free.

Danosaur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile has no roaming outside of the United States. The long distance add on is only to call other countries, so there is no way to for you to use your phone in Finland with public unfortunately

Need Help? Let's chat.