Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@bigscottydawg wrote:

How do I unsubsribe from emails I keep getting on this thread?

@bigscottydawg    Click your avatar>my subscriptions>notifications and you can unsubscribe from all the notifications if you want.  Or you can click the Reply above the thread (top left) you want to opt out of and click the 3 dot menu and unsubscribe from just one particular thread.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

By the 15th this thread will be on page 200+, lol! 🤣

@XionBunny wrote:

@anthonyHuynh wrote:

I deleted the text by mistake, thought it was a scam. Is there a way for me to claim the holiday reward without the text ? Thanks

This question has been answered over and over, please search the thread.

@XionBunny    To be fair this thread is awfully long now, so it's just easier to supply the answer for users who don't frequent the community forum often and are confused with the messaging of the gifts being applied instantly after responding to the text and in too many instances that's obviously not the case.

Plus that's how regular users earn their pittance by repeating answers to questions that have been already been supplied many, many times over...  😉

bigscottydawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I unsubsribe from emails I keep getting on this thread?

@Tmm29 wrote:

Hello, I have not gotten the text message.

Any time between now and Dec 15th, is when you'll receive a SMS message. Patience !!

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

@jproch58 wrote:

I did it the last 2 years 2019 2020. I had to log in, then go to purchase add ons in my account. When there it showed the bonuses in the lists with a cost of $0 each. Had to purchase them for free they are not just added to your account. This year I replied YES to their text but still waiting to see this in my add ons purchase section.

Yea...they're off to a rocky start for the More is Merrier 2021 gifts this year. Sounds like everyone is scrambling behind the scenes to straighten things out though. We'll see !

Tmm29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have not gotten the text message.

jproch58

I did it the last 2 years 2019 2020. I had to log in, then go to purchase add ons in my account. When there it showed the bonuses in the lists with a cost of $0 each. Had to purchase them for free they are not just added to your account. This year I replied YES to their text but still waiting to see this in my add ons purchase section.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@jbtait wrote:

Is the 2GB a one-time use and when it is consumed within a month it is done then back to normal data plan amount?

@jbtait no, the 2 GB data pack has no time limit. It only gets used if / when you use up your monthly data allotment, Suppose your monthly data plan is 250 MB - if you use say 350 MB, the 250 MB will be exhausted for the remainder of that 30-day billing cycle, & 100 MB of the 2 GB data pack will be used. Then the remaining 1.9 GB in the data pack will remain available to you in future months whenever your monthly data limit is exhausted again. I hope that makes sense.

The only exception that I'm aware of is if you cancel your PM account or it's suspended for I believe 90 days - then the data pack will be gone completely. A more experienced PM user can correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, of course, cancelling your account would mean that you've left PM and will lose whatever you had left in your account.   Same for the 90 days of non payment after suspending the account, unless the payment is made before the 90 days is up, then you will lose your account and number.  Suspending for less than 90 days, doesn't lose any add-ons, gifted or purchased.

@sunflowergarden wrote:

The problem was created when in the text they stated. "Will be applied instantly"

What instantly means; it means right now, this second. Right away..

I agree the roll out and implementation should have been tested before hand. Something went wrong, something broke.

@sunflowergarden   Yep, it obviously didn't roll out as expected but, then again, other than the first 2019 summer 1GB gifted by PM which was automatically added to every customers account, all the other gifts have caused delays and some confusion.  However, in the end everyone who followed the directions did eventually get their gifts.  Plus PM is known to have many, many glitches in their system that pop up from time to time and some that have never been fixed.

sunflowergarden

The problem was created when in the text they stated. "Will be applied instantly"

What instantly means; it means right now, this second. Right away..

I agree the roll out and implementation should have been tested before hand. Something went wrong, something broke.

@Mirah_ wrote:

I replied to the PM text hours after it was sent, and I did it again every other day since the rewards has not been applied to my account, does anyone know why this is happening?

Some users are fortunate enuff to have the More is Merrier gifts applied as soon as they reply YES to the PM SMS text. I and many users have replied a few days ago and are still waiting. Please be patient and it'll happen...eventually.

If you haven't got it applied by end of Dec, just reach out to CSA's and they'll apply them to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

i just received the txt msg. and replied it "YES". It appears on my account right away.

I hope that can help understand more.

Have a wonderful day.

It can take one to two weeks for the add-ons to appear in your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mirah_ 

somtime is take 1 to 3 days to you will see in your account, and keep one more time Reply YES

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 

for more info visit here link,

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Mirah_

I replied to the PM text hours after it was sent, and I did it again every other day since the rewards has not been applied to my account, does anyone know why this is happening?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eliafer1 

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

for now you have to be patience and check it out your SMS and if see 491-1 

Reply YES

if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@Eliafer1 wrote:

Who is CSA ? I have no idea how to do a ticket 

Thanks 

Eliafer1

Who is CSA ? I have no idea how to do a ticket 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldoldfish 

For holiday gift,

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Reply YES

if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

• phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

Good Luck..

Submit a ticket to a Customer Support Agent after Dec 16th if you haven't already received the text.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Eliafer1 

Sorry you'll have to wait until after the 15th of December to get help with that if you haven't gotten the text or the promo gifts by then.

@Eliafer1 wrote:

I dint get a email  or I  may have erase the message by accident I can't reply yes to get the holiday  bonus can some one add it to my account 

😞

Not email. You should expect a text SMS sometime between now and Dec 15th.

edit....

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give

hairbag1_0-1638898427343.png

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

Eliafer1

I dint get a email  or I  may have erase the message by accident I can't reply yes to get the holiday  bonus can some one add it to my account 

😞

@oldoldfish wrote:

Hi, I have not received the message requesting me to rely YES regarding the subject bonus. Can you resend the message to me?

You'll just hafta wait until you do get it. After the 15th, you can check with CSA's as to how come you didn't get it then.

oldoldfish

Hi, I have not received the message requesting me to rely YES regarding the subject bonus. Can you resend the message to me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SP1313 

Reply YES

Spoiler

• phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agent, private message..

Good Luck...

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@barndoor wrote:

Hey @darlicious  ...what is the record for thread length this will obviously crack the 100 pages by noon  ...think it will make 200 by the 24th  .... wagers anyone ? 

After seeing this screenshot of the text using the word "instantly", yeah we're going to see records fall LOL. And BTW, you didn't specify what time zone when you said noon. You're right if you implied noon in Brazilian time, you were exactly right! 😉

bluejaywpg_0-1638895271769.png

Lol Brazilian time...can be taken so many ways. Time zone is covered, I believe, in the first part of announcement.  

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@barndoor wrote:

Hey @darlicious  ...what is the record for thread length this will obviously crack the 100 pages by noon  ...think it will make 200 by the 24th  .... wagers anyone ? 

After seeing this screenshot of the text using the word "instantly", yeah we're going to see records fall LOL. And BTW, you didn't specify what time zone when you said noon. You're right if you implied noon in Brazilian time, you were exactly right! 😉

bluejaywpg_0-1638895271769.png

shivaysf

Thank you for the information.

I see it now.

Thanks for the time and care!

Need Help? Let's chat.