Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

shivaysf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sure,

Seems some customers have some technical issue!

Will wait 🙂

Thanks.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yamaue wrote:

Thanks,

Though i replied YES few times, it did not apply the bonus to my account. Anyone knows how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Just wait. PM is applying it "instantly" only in astronomical terms. 😉

In other words, maybe they are having issues rolling it out. Expect it to come - just not as "instantly" as they implied in the text you got.

shivaysf

Thank you.

I guess I am one of those account withe the issue 🙂

Sure, will wait  🙂

Thanks a million

bluejaywpg

@jbtait wrote:

Is the 2GB a one-time use and when it is consumed within a month it is done then back to normal data plan amount?

@jbtait no, the 2 GB data pack has no time limit. It only gets used if / when you use up your monthly data allotment, Suppose your monthly data plan is 250 MB - if you use say 350 MB, the 250 MB will be exhausted for the remainder of that 30-day billing cycle, & 100 MB of the 2 GB data pack will be used. Then the remaining 1.9 GB in the data pack will remain available to you in future months whenever your monthly data limit is exhausted again. I hope that makes sense.

The only exception that I'm aware of is if you cancel your PM account or it's suspended for I believe 90 days - then the data pack will be gone completely. A more experienced PM user can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yamaue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks,

Though i replied YES few times, it did not apply the bonus to my account. Anyone knows how to deal with this?

Thanks,

There is a previous thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-More-is-Merrier-is-back/td-p/751...

One PM customer contacted a CSA and was advised that it could take a week or two for it to be applied to your account.

@shivaysf 

If you read the announcement about the holiday promotion on the community forum, all the information is there.

Look for the announcement in the upper left corner of the forum community page.

It's labelled " More is Merrier is Back! "

shivaysf

Hello all,

I have received the email with regards to the "Holiday Reward". I also received the text  message the day after, and I replied back "YES"; however the reward is not applied to my account!

Any idea?!

Thanks

Javatyger

LOL… actually, for the most part, my experience has been really good - no major issues with PM at all; reliable good service and no issues. 😎

The thing is when you implement any change it makes more sense to thoroughly test it on a “back up” system before rolling it out. Then do a mini “live” roll out with a small test...perhaps all the staff (if they live in Canada) and Oracles and other selected community members. And let it be an add on for 5 minutes of Canada Wide. Right know PM’s reputation does not look good to a newbie, an onlooker planning to switch or a first time Community member (that has been a customer for a few years).  So  being on the cheap for the roll out, spending more payroll on clean up vs spending it on the implementation process...makes them look foolish. Be be assured they “will” take care of you. 

Now  the self imposed heat is on with a December 15 deadline to do a clean up. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You ll get an email too prior to the text. So watch out for email and if you get the email then TEXT will follow in a day or two.

Reply YES to that text and promo will be applied automatically.(currently delayed)

If you dont get email and Text by 16th dec contact support agents and create a ticket to get it applied manually.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbtait : Same behaviour as other add-ons. Consumes over time.

barndoor

@jbtait wrote:

Is the 2GB a one-time use and when it is consumed within a month it is done then back to normal data plan amount?

my understanding is you only tap it when your plan data runs out and what is left over if there is any, rolls over to next month . 

jbtait

barndoor

@Javatyger wrote:

I’m happy the rewards are eventually going to be applied, but when you get a text saying it will be applied ‘instantly’ - you expect it to applied instantly. Having to wait 1-2 weeks shouldn’t be the case. 

You've been a customer here for almost five years  and you haven't learned what to expect from  them yet ??  You have been blessed with good experiences it seems !! It is just the nature of the beast .😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Javatyger : Sure. But here we are. At a low budget, few resources, shoestring, baling twine and gum operation. And they're trying to offer some freebies to their customers.

They will make good of it all. They made good and then some of a regional shamozzle a year or so ago.

bluejaywpg

Looks like post #1000 occurred at 9am CST which is before noon in all Canadian time zones.

@Javatyger 

Stuff happens ☺️

It won't be instant, but you'll still get it so be happy about that.

Javatyger

I’m happy the rewards are eventually going to be applied, but when you get a text saying it will be applied ‘instantly’ - you expect it to applied instantly. Having to wait 1-2 weeks shouldn’t be the case. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Javatyger : Yup. Marketing and execution. But they don't have to give anything do they? Maybe get rid of the scowl and be appreciative that they at least offer freebies.

@Javatyger 

Sounds like you got your answer already from the rep you emailed ☺️

No one here can get them applied any faster, so you'll have to be patient like the rest of us.

Javatyger

I got the holiday text, but it hasn’t been applied to my account yet - replied two times, says it supposed to be applied instantly, got nothing so far. I attached a screen shot for you all to see. 

I emailed a rep and they said could take 1-2 weeks to be applied. 😡

AC9557EE-AA57-4DBE-8F67-A5DBDE11185A.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shubham2995 : Are you dial-typing or using a contact? Can you try one or the other of 011 or +. If there's a leading zero in an area code or prefix then drop it.

See what happens.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@t_p 

What's wrong with that?  It's not written in some foreign language.   Reading helps to keep the brain in good working order 😉

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@walker1  @AE_Collector 

WHAT?? You're asking people to read the (not so) fine print now?

Just too much work to get some free gift !! 🤔

@shubham2995 wrote:

But, when I'm calling to India, some calls are not able to connect, it says you have used all your minutes add on.

The Indian numbers are correct and in working condition. 

What to do now?

@shubham2995   so, some calls to India are connecting without issue but not all?

Did you try reboot your phone?

Also, those you cannot call, would it be a mobile line?  Calling to mobile line to some countries is more expensive and I am not sure if it is included in this LD bonus

@SP1313 wrote:

I still have not received the message to claim my christmas rewards so I am unable to claim them. What should I do?

Just wait.  YOU will get your message before Dec 15

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@AnnieG wrote:

I haven’t got the text messages so I can claim or accept the reward.... anyone already didn’t got the text message of the reward? I know some of my friend is already get the text msg.

@AnnieG 

I haven't got it either...if that can give you some comfort 😋

Yes agreed, just read the original topic to see the time frame that they will be sending out the text message announcements. Then there is an explanation of what to do if you haven’t received the text by the last date.

AE_Collector

shubham2995

I have redeemed the offer.  It is showing in self-serve as 500 min international call. 

But, when I'm calling to India, some calls are not able to connect, it says you have used all your minutes add on.

The Indian numbers are correct and in working condition. 

What to do now?

Need Help? Let's chat.