Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

sandalwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I love the free gifts !! this will be my 3rd 'more the merrier data and talk gifts'. I am glad I made the switch a few years ago to Public Mobile ! Still waiting for my text but it looks like we have until Dec.15 to receive it. A person I referred last year got her text a few days ago and told me about it.

The bonus data remains in your account and will rollover to the next month until it is used up.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Rogan wrote:

How long is the free data good for ?

@Rogan 

Forever. Until you use it all up. Or PM closes shop 🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Rogan wrote:

Didn't receive a text in regards to Holiday rewards promo 

@Rogan 

If they go alphabetically, it could take till next week before you get yours.

Same for me 😐

Rogan

How long is the free data good for ?

You will, @Rogan 

Public Mobile has stated it may take up to mid-December to deliver all the promotional texts to users.

If by after December 15 you still haven't, contact a Customer Support Agent.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Rogan wrote:

@Rogan  - neither did I. 🙂

no worries, Public Mobile is sending the texts from December 1st - 15th. So there is still plenty of time to receive yours.

If it comes to after the 15th, than you could contact CSA...but be patient, I am sure you will see it soon.

Rogan

@Bigredelectric wrote:

Hello! This is my first issue with PM. I replied yes to the text message I received yesterday, very happy because my data was almost used up. I waited and waited and still haven't received the 2gb or 500 minutes.

I've checked the add on screen and the 0$ options aren't there either.

If anyone could help me with this issue I would be grateful. I ended up buying a 1gb add on.

@Bigredelectric 

I know the promo says the bonus will be credited "instantly", but it's obvious the system is being swamped right now. Could take a few days, even couple of weeks, who knows. 

Consider yourself lucky to get the text, I've not even got mine 😶

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious  depending on the stick that could be the best multi  purpose tool you will ever own  .... for scratching  backs it would be PURfect !!! 

@jerjon  .... what is the time frame involved   ... did the  text come last night , or a couple days ago , and the minutes?  immediately after the yes  response or  a day later ?  I'm also curious what time of day you received your initial text ... and then which province you live in affects the timing as well . 

@darlicious  ...can the UNI be converted to digest these inputs and predict  what others are going to experience ?

Things don't happen that quickly with Public Mobile. I don't have mine either, it usually takes a few days for credits to come in. In this case, with everyone getting it, it will likely be a couple of weeks before everyone is served.

Bigredelectric
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! This is my first issue with PM. I replied yes to the text message I received yesterday, very happy because my data was almost used up. I waited and waited and still haven't received the 2gb or 500 minutes.

I've checked the add on screen and the 0$ options aren't there either.

If anyone could help me with this issue I would be grateful. I ended up buying a 1gb add on.

jerjon

the free extra long distance was added, but not the free 2GB data

@barndoor 

This thread went quiet for almost a whole two hours....sure were running interference but it would be nice if questioning customers read at least the first post and one full page of the thread. They would likely have their questions answered and have some gratefulness and say thank you to pm.

As my parents said to me one Christmas when I was around 7 or 8 and I was extremely ungrateful after opening all my presents in about 5 minutes flat. "When we were kids we were lucky to get a stick with a nail it!"

The very next year seemingly the only gift under the tree for me was a stick with a nail in it with a tag "Merry Christmas Dar, Love Santa." I have no memory of what else I eventually got for Christmas that year. But I still have that stick with a nail in it. It's one of my most prized possessions.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@tto4482 You got the text and replied to 4911?  There's a delay for some members to get the data add-on. Wait a bit.

Yup patience is key.

@tto4482 You got the text and replied to 4911?  There's a delay for some members to get the data add-on. Wait a bit.

XionBunny

darn cant delete a message it seems, and yes everyone be patient, sending the reply without the text message being sent to you means you don't qualify yet, and you just wind up spamming the system making it slower for everyone.

tto4482

After replying YES, there no bonus 2G data 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@badboy1 wrote:

Yes

Just a fyi… you need to wait to receive the promo text and then reply: YES 

Dmaestewart

Sure, that's fine.. but I'm still disappointed.

Solely because I only had a little data left for the last week of the month.. when I received the text with the offer "TO INSTANTLY APPLY" I didn't double check first before turning my data back on. Only to find out in 15 minutes that I've used up the rest of my remaining data with no clue as to when I'll have any data again, before my month rolls over. I don't want to sound whiny.. I'm just noting in my head to double check everything PM says in case they actually don't follow through. 

badboy1

Yes

XionBunny

the last thing I want to see is public mobile stagnate honestly, I love when they keep up with the campaigns and innovate in their market.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

Be careful what you wish for....maybe next year pm will decide it's not worth the hassle and the expense and decide good things are best left in threes and make the third annual "More is Merrier" campaign its last. Just like the long gone holiday contests.

Oh ... come on . How is this getting up PM's nose yet. You guys here are running interference  quite nicely  and the CSA's should surely only have a few requests  to deal with as they have time. 😋

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saucisse : You forgot the obvious /s at the end. Though it certainly does seem like people don't read, 

People just read what they want to read.  One guy searched the long thread and found out 4911 is the sender of the text.. and sent a YES over;   and this same guy didn't read the rest of the thread to understand that they shouldn't send it before getting the text

@Anonymous wrote:

don't appreciate freebies from their service providers, 

Yes , another guy define this legitimate freebie text as SPAM.. and he said  this:

If the end user (me) thinks it's SPAM then it is SPAM.  So yes, the free offer is SPAM.

Sometimes, people are really hard to understand

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saucisse : You forgot the obvious /s at the end. Though it certainly does seem like people don't read, don't appreciate freebies from their service providers, and can't let the system take its time for something coming to them for free. What..are they out of data already? They just have to make that international call right this minute?

Winning247

@Saucisse wrote:

I'm sorry PM that your clientele doesn't know how to read, is ungrateful and impatient.

You shouldn't do that promotion ever again, they don't deserve it. 

xoxo

That's a lot of assumptions you made...

XionBunny

@Saucisse wrote:

I'm sorry PM that your clientele doesn't know how to read, is ungrateful and impatient.

xoxo

People get confused and issues happen, take your attitude down a notch.

Winning247

Yeah, I have a dual sim card for my phone. I switched the sim from sim 1 to 2 for the call and text settings but still didn't work for the second number. 

Saucisse

xoxo

/s

@Winning247 wrote:

Thanks for the offer!

I'm using 2 different PM numbers on the same phone. I got the 2 GB of data and 500 mins on one number but I wasn't able to get it for the second one.

When I type YES, the text says that I reached the max number of purchases allowed. 

How do I get the bonus data and minutes for the second number?

Do you have a dual SIM card phone?   The message that you're receiving is an indication that the "yes" text message is being sent from the phone number that has already received the add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.