Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,117 REPLIES 5,117

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What does "side chatter" even mean lol? How would one even moderate that? Sounds very subjective. The mods have already been removing the messages that shouldn't be here. If not, this thread probably would have been over 4k posts by now. Lots of spam has been removed, lots of "problematic" messages, etc. Everything else is just people talking about this decision, and the branches that come off of it. Isn't that what a thread it for? What does this person expect? That people are only allowed to post their single complaint message and then just leave? 

Sounds like an ulterior motive to me.

OldGal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info. I'm somewhat in the boonies of SW ONT, and didn't know we have LUCKY coverage. I'll be checking it out.

OldGal

Some people 'complain', some 'lament'. Lovely. Thanks for the chuckle.

GF3

Time to look elsewhere!  What a crappy way to treat loyal customers.  Why offer these discounts if you were just going to take it away.  What a crappy way to run a business.  Good riddens!

HI @HALIMACS 

better way than counting  🙂

nono, they are not Oracle only resources, in fact those figures you can access as well  🙂

Whoa @softech , that's excellent to hear.   I was hoping there were more than a few hundred unique users.   (which was a wild guess on my part, admittedly...)

How did you get to that figure?   Counting - or is there another (easier) way to acquire it?

@HALIMACS wrote:

While the number of posts are far in excess of the number of complaints, it is true that there are multiple users with multiple posts on this thread, meaning there are likely only a few hundred unique users on this thread.

@HALIMACS 

There are around 750 unique posters on this thread.  The top poster on this thread has 150+ posts, and there are some with 65+  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I'm gonna take the middle ground here, @RetiredGuy1 & @Chalupa_Batman 

While the number of posts are far in excess of the number of complaints, it is true that there are multiple users with multiple posts on this thread, meaning there are likely only a few hundred unique users on this thread.

Still, although there is some 'heated' banter back and forth between members (i'll admit, i may have been one of them engaging in this 🤐), I believe the whole thread is pretty much on topic and delves into many aspects of this change and options many are considering and discussing.

I think it's great that PM has kept it unlocked for comments - i just wish they might more actively participate in the thread itself instead of just sitting back 

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@eyes wrote:

After 2,774 REPLIES just may be they will take notice. But who knows ? 

You have to realize that most of the 2774 posts are side chatter and have nothing to do with this thread. I'm guessing that there are less than 500 legit complaints in this thread. I hate to say it but this thread got way out of control. This should have been moderated from the beginning. Legit complaints stay, side chatter is moved to a different thread and be continued there for legitimacy of our concerns/complaints.

I wouldn’t suggest most posts are just “side chatter”. The thread is in response to an announcement affecting countless thousands of legacy rewards subscribers with various consequences as a result of the migration and corresponding viewpoints. A good portion of posts relate to comparisons to other telecoms and I believe they’re being made with the intent of being helpful. Isn’t that the underlying principle behind a community forum? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

I will use up the data  add on my 50GB already used up days ago 

Handy1_0-1710694429862.jpeg

@Dunkman wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman 

As with any data add on, your regular plan's data will be used first, then your data add on will be used.

So, in your situation, you will need to use up your plan's 50 GB first before the 240 GB bonus add on will kick in. 

That is why several legacy customers are complaining that they won't be able to use the bonus data add on because they rarely consume their regular data.  Especially for customers like yourself who are on higher data plans.  

Thank you @Dunkman for the clarification. 

@eyes wrote:

After 2,774 REPLIES just may be they will take notice. But who knows ? 

You have to realize that most of the 2774 posts are side chatter and have nothing to do with this thread. I'm guessing that there are less than 500 legit complaints in this thread. I hate to say it but this thread got way out of control. This should have been moderated from the beginning. Legit complaints stay, side chatter is moved to a different thread and be continued there for legitimacy of our concerns/complaints.

@Chalupa_Batman 

As with any data add on, your regular plan's data will be used first, then your data add on will be used.

So, in your situation, you will need to use up your plan's 50 GB first before the 240 GB bonus add on will kick in. 

That is why several legacy customers are complaining that they won't be able to use the bonus data add on because they rarely consume their regular data.  Especially for customers like yourself who are on higher data plans.  

@Chalupa_Batman 

this was one of the largest drawbacks of the bonus data, that one’s own plan data gets used first before we even start dipping into that AND most people have more data than they generally use in a cycle.

Adding to that, they’ve only given 150 days to use it so they know full well many users will have much of it expire and not be used.

Such a well thought out idea.  Definitely customer focused … 🙄 

Legacy_Rewards
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Chalupa_Batman 

That is the way it is suppose to work. Use your plan data first.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey everyone.

I'm not particularly interesting in going through 2,773 of posts here to see if this has already been posted. But thought I'd share as I saw this moments ago trying to help another member. So if this has already been posted, my bad.

Take a look at this.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1710693358883.png

I have the 50GB plan. I have been given the 240GB data already. Here's the messed up part. Looking at my account, it has been using my plan data and not this bonus data. And if you look at this screenshot, this "Loyalty Bonus 240GB" hasn't been touched and I've lost 10 days already. 

Chalupa_Batman_1-1710693358828.png

This "Loyalty Bonus 240GB" won't even be used so their so called "gift" to it's loyal customers, is a moot point.

Can any Oracle shed some light on this and maybe share this with your handlers? 

@mojorising wrote:

This is not going to be another dumping on Public post. LOL I've moved on.

The PC Mobile plan is very similar to my plan with Lucky Mobile, but with out 5G and US calling. I don't need those anyway. 25GB of data is more than enough. I'm waiting on a $5 referral credit for 10 months and once my brother moves 3 lines from Public to Lucky in May, I will receive an additional $5 off. So far I can't complain.

I'm not sure why this forum ID doesn't get deactivated when you port away to another provider, though.

I believe that Lucky mobile plans do not have US roaming.  That might be a deal breaker for some customers. 

Legacy_Rewards

@Aehmttw wrote:

Just going to leave this link here for koodo, I'm gonna drop by the store tomorrow and buy a sim card, then grab one of the new customer plans. Anyone else who might need these cheaper options should take a look. I seen a lot of people using the loyalty program to be able to afford the monthly charges so I hope this helps. I'm gonna grab the 35 dollar phone plan that matches with the PC plan I have now. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

I would think twice before moving over to Koodo. If you do not like losing your autopay and loyalty rewards then you are falling for the bait and switch from Koodo. After 4 months they raised their BF promo from $29 to $34. Koodo is more likely to raise their plan prices than Public Mobile. Rarely has Public Mobile increased their prices. Koodo support is still awful. You need to wait for a call back and it is hit or miss with those agents too. Don’t make an emotional decision. Make a logical decision.

mojorising

@eyes wrote:

Let's not be hasty -------------Our accounts will be switched to the point system in. May - so let's enjoy and use up our Legacy reward discounts and see what develops  by then before deciding to close PM accounts or not.

Yes, that is correct, you still have until May. In my case, my new month was going to start on March 9th and legacy rewards or not, they were not going to get another dime out of me. I found a plan that I liked elsewhere and grabbed it. As most of us know, these plans are here today, gone tomorrow.

And you can certainly wait for a reversal, but you have a better chance of being hit by lightning. They're not going to reverse anything.

Public_Cust_17
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@IanP  this has pretty much been my point exactly!! I'm not losing anything significant if I leave and if for some unforeseen reason I decide to come back I could then even get a plan that I can't currently switch to!

Shan_Bhai

In the realm where cell signals dance,
Public Mobile took a chance.
A move unwise, a choice unclear,
Replacing what their users held dear.

Gone was the system loved by all,
Rewards that answered every call.
In its place, a points scheme arose,
Leaving customers with woes.

Loyalty, once a cherished flame,
Now smothered by a corporate aim.
Greed's shadow darkened every choice,
Ignoring loyal voices.

Discrimination reared its head,
As valued users felt misled.
Their loyalty, a currency scorned,
In favor of profits, it was mourned.

The management's move,a blunder made,
In the hearts of customers, it laid.
For in the quest for greater gain,
They forgot the ones who remain.

Oh, Public Mobile, hear the plea,
Restore what once made users free.
Bring back the system tried and true,
Before loyalty bids adieu.

mojorising

This is not going to be another dumping on Public post. LOL I've moved on.

The PC Mobile plan is very similar to my plan with Lucky Mobile, but with out 5G and US calling. I don't need those anyway. 25GB of data is more than enough. I'm waiting on a $5 referral credit for 10 months and once my brother moves 3 lines from Public to Lucky in May, I will receive an additional $5 off. So far I can't complain.

I'm not sure why this forum ID doesn't get deactivated when you port away to another provider, though.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 11-25-19 My Account Lucky Mobile.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @eyes there is no chanhe to Community rewards., other than they are giving out points.  Any eligible community user can post and participate using an account that linked to My Account in good standing 

Nelsaur2

@J_PM 

What do you expect would happen when PM removes the program that promotes LOYALTY? This is a kick in the nuts for anyone who was still LOYAL to PM, if it wasn't already obvious.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TrentJ4

True - that’s a deal killer for travel, - hopefully PM will allow users that are being switched to go to the 4gb for $24 plan that’s only available for new customers.  I only have the $34 plan because 1gb wasn’t enough.

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@OldGal   Same situation here. I totally agree with you. 

Markaps

@TrentJ4  No US roaming

@TrentJ4  Thanks for sharing that’s certainly better  value then here offers 

TrentJ4

this looks good and plenty of data for most of us

IMG_8525.jpeg

OldGal

Agree!

I'm a senior who's been with my legacy acct since 2016.  That's about 80 or 90 months, btw. I loved the no fuss, always works, never have to log in, trustworthy system of paying in advance, no surprises or overages. I never use more than the 4 gigs of data, have unlimited wifi at home. I will not hang online to read forums (except this one time!) and the youngsters do a good job of that. Like many, people are getting fed up with the whole subscriptions, points, and redemption nonsense. I am phasing out of points with PC Financial and shopping at my local small grocer. Galen Weston is hated now for his disingenuous marketing in the name of profit hidden in points. PM will go the same way. It's as if big business doesn't have room, need, or tolerance, for people with small needs. All I need my phone for is dependable calls to fam and doctors offices (maybe 10 calls a month), and a tiny amt of data to check email or a map or store location when I'm driving. I don't want or need unlimited data and don't want to pay for everyone else's. I will never game or watch movies on a phone plan. I don't want to buy anything else. I bring my own phone. Public Mobile was the one reliable monthly bill I never sweated about. Why'd PM mess with that? Seniors are gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.