cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend maximum?

Dolphin12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_20240428-173359.png

I just looked at the rewards screen in my account and under referral it states you get 5 points maximum. Does that mean you are no longer awarded for referrals over 5 people once you are on the points program?

I'm investigating as we are being switched over and if this is the case it's not good.

26 REPLIES 26

Dolphin12

@softech ok, I'll look again tomorrow

@Dolphin12 

when your plan renewed?

points will be added to your My Rewards account within 48 hours of the renewal

Dolphin12

How long do these points take to be placed on your account once payment is made?

I received my referral points a couple of days ago but not the payment points (5%).

Moved:

Duplicate post. Please use the Edit feature if you need to make update

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile changed the way it’s shown. I do not work for Public Mobile. I do not know why they do what they do, but that’s how you can see it.

Dolphin12

@TheSterlinger what do you mean they are hidden? Why would they not display on my account? I should be able to see whatever is associated with my account.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dolphin12 
Your referrals are hidden but they are still there. Depending on your rewards system you’ll see the amount of points or $$$. So if you have 3 referrals you’ll see 3 points or $3.

Dolphin12

How long after payment is made does it take for the 5% points to appear on your account?

Dolphin12

I just checked my account and it shows zero referrals but I know that none of my friends have cancelled. Can anyone else see their referrals?

anotheran

Totally agree. Public probably has an arpu issue and willing to put up with churn that they calculated. But enough ppl leave, they figure they'll just acquire new users and perhaps esim are pennies. 

Dolphin12

@anotheran yes the legacy rewards were sweeter that is why many of us did not change. Many are now posting they are leaving PM I don't understand why PM is not doing anything to retain people but I guess the all mighty dollar means more than loyalty.

I wonder if we will see posts in a month or so about people getting "comeback emails" like Koodo is now offering. If companies treated their members properly then this cycle of back and forth wouldn't have to happen.

anotheran

Ok so both. Those were the sweeter days. Obviously legacy points were even sweeter

Dolphin12

@anotheran when the original opt in happened it was a 5 point welcome bonus PLUS 1 point for every month you were a member. It was a one time offer. For example, you would have received 5 + 12 = 17 points if you were with PM for 1 year.

The anniversary points was separate and awarded every year.

anotheran

Did they have both the monthly loyalty perk of 1 pt/month and the anniversary 10 pts/yr? That would've been nice. 

Dolphin12

@hTideGnow I understand it was an incentive but with the uproar and all the push back from loyal customers they should have had a better incentive to keep people happy.

Because Public Mobile doesn't believe in rewarding their loyal customers? They've already proven that by removing $7 in credits I got for being loyal after 5 years of loyalty. 

hi @Dolphin12 

I think it was an incentive to have people migrate voluntarily. Now that they are cancelling the old rewards program, the incentive is not needed and they took it away before the announcement 

I think you can voice your concern to PM directly, please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Dolphin12  Just another way to put the screws  to customers and squeeze every last $1 outta folks 

Dolphin12

Screenshot_20240504-195533.png

When the points reward program was originally launched there were loyalty points given. Why are we only receiving the $5 welcome bonus?

If the program was discontinued the least that could be done is to offer the loyalty bonus. The bonus data is no use to some people and I'm sure a loyalty bonus would be appreciated for having our phone costs increased now that the legacy points program is gone.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

IMG_0382.jpegIMG_0381.jpegIMG_0380.jpegIMG_0383.jpegInformation from my account. Looks botched up….lost 2 referrals in the conversion??

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Dolphin12 wrote:

@computergeek541 does that mean if I refer more people I will get 1 point per person with no limit?

I tried to find this information but I can't find it anywhere.

There is no maximum amount of people who can refer. However, on the old rewards system there is a maximum $110 refer-a-friend credit for those on a 30 day plan.  I do not have information about if the points system has a 110 point refer-a-friend limit.

Hey @computergeek541 

Do you know where to find that information here on the forum? This would be worth sharing with Public Mobile customers. Thanks

The $110 refer-a-friend credit maximum on the old rewards system is just something that I know.  There isn't any infromation that anyone would be able to find from Public Mobile's help article that specifically mentions this. The close that anyone would be able to find would be a statement that says that the amount of reward credits issued won't be greater than the price of the plan.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Dolphin12 wrote:

@computergeek541 does that mean if I refer more people I will get 1 point per person with no limit?

There is no maximum amount of people who can refer. However, on the old rewards system there is a maximum $110 refer-a-friend credit for those on a 30 day plan.  I do not have information about if the points system has a 110 point refer-a-friend limit.

Hey @computergeek541 

Do you know where to find that information here on the forum? This would be worth sharing with Public Mobile customers. Thanks

@Dolphin12 wrote:

Dolphin12

@Dolphin12 wrote:

Screenshot_20240428-173359.png

I just looked at the rewards screen in my account and under referral it states you get 5 points maximum. Does that mean you are no longer awarded for referrals over 5 people once you are on the points program?

I'm investigating as we are being switched over and if this is the case it's not good.

The infromation in that screenshot only means that you have referred 5 people. it isn't a maximum number of referrals.

Need Help? Let's chat.