Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,584 REPLIES 5,584

rewired
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am really upset that PM is making this change and I am considering alternatives - 3 phone numbers I take care of plus the referrals I've sent along.  People want money back in their pocket, not some fictional points that have no intrinsic value unless Telus says they do.

hi @Wolfcore it is pretty much same for friend referral. Think positive, instead of just 1 or 2 dollars off every renewal, wait and you get a big shot for $15 off when you redeem 🤣

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wouldn't say that it's "the same". Yes, you will be receiving $1 (1 point) per friend referral, but you need to wait until you collect 15 points before you can redeem anything. If a person only has 1 referral for example, and they're on a cheap plan, they'd have to wait like 9 months before they can even take a single cent off their bill.

hi @edeepm possible. But better chancw with Tier 2 or 3 carriers, check them all

Soon-ex-PM-user
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Many of us, the legacy PM users,  manage multiple PM accounts. I don't think PM take this into consideration in forcing us to their points reward system. This is not about losing 1 account but multiple accounts.  I think from PM's business point of view, it is about losing low margin accounts; the question is how many of their new high margin accounts will stay and how many new accounts are gaining each month. It is about high volume and low profit % vs low volume and high profit % 

Many of us will switch - most of us will never ever deal with any Telus products.  Their changes had really p*ssed off so many of their loyal clients. 

I am willing to bet that their new signups will not stay long  and only until the next best deals from their competitors or simply anything that remotely come close to PM.  lol this is when as a business owner , you really need 'loyal' clients where PM will have very few. 

Well freedom has the 50GB $29 CAN/US plan for win back also but would love to see Roger’s and bell offer it for all . As I’m not in freedom zone 😞

@Robbwell wrote:

ACCEPABLE: No more $1/mo.  for referrals we find in the future.

UNACCEPTABLE: Cancel $1/mo. for referrals earned in the past.

You need a fairness argument for PM and the the CCTS.

@Robbwell 

Actually, your friend referrals will be the same with the new points system.  Whether it is old or new referrals.  One point for each friend referral/month as long as your friend stays with Public mobile. 

What you are losing is the $2 autopay/month and up to $5/month of loyalty rewards.

It will be replaced by 5% back in points on plan payments and once a year 10 loyalty points given on the anniversary date of sign in. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IanP   You cannot bravo (quite rightly) your own post and the reason why the bravo box is greyed out for your own post, nor ask others to bravo it.

IanP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems I'm blocked in someway, braves greyed out on my posts

LOL

@eedeepm the Fido 50GB $29 is a win back deal , Koodo has the very same win back plan right now too 

IanP

Try here

Tinop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Basically your paying $19 for the plan Public mobile charges $25 but faster speeds.  Moving my kids accounts latter in May.  Freedom and others such as Bell flanker brand lucky have some great options.  

Robbwell

ACCEPABLE: No more $1/mo.  for referrals we find in the future.

UNACCEPTABLE: Cancel $1/mo. for referrals earned in the past.

You need a fairness argument for PM and the the CCTS.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@edeepm   Just a heads up, if you want to get someone's attention (especially on thread that is very active and easy for earlier posts to very quickly get buried), just select the @key and usually list of usernames appears and you can select/tag the one you're replying to, or you might need to start typing the first few letters of the username before being able to select it. 

Chiranjiv

I would like to state that there are no freebies anywhere you go.

Chiranjiv

Fido will increase their monthly price faster and more frequently than public mobile, guranteed. I understand you are not happy with the current changes but rethink your decision when switching.

danlee1

so apparently, for long time customer who currently earning $5/mth off their plan, we get $10 off per year, that is a $50/yr difference!!!!  This is sooo upsetting!!  I am seriously consider to switch to Freedom.

Leavingpublicmo

I am highly disappointed that public mobile is turning its back on loyal customers by forcing them to the new rewards program. I have been a layal member for over 6 years and now my bill is going to increase due to this change. Fido has offered a 50gb for 29 bucks so coming may 2024 when the new program is forced I'll be switching over to Fido. 

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Who cares about lifting the "new activations only" rule, when those plans are basically matched by other companies anyway? That wouldn't be some sort of generous offer from PM lol.

Would just be another slap to the face like the free data they gave, because those plans should have been available to us to begin with.

ikristina

This is a very upsetting change. There's no use for so much extra data, I barely use what I have. But there's a great benefit of $7 off per month ($5 loyalty and $2 auto pay) which I will be losing. It seems that there's no reason to stay anymore, unfortunately. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IanP wrote:

Totally disagree with this change.

Data is a useless bonus for many if not most of us as we have excess already.

Least they should offer is a matching amount of points to what we are receiving now.

Or, at the very least, kept the conversion points of 1 point/month of service with PM for being on the new point system that was conveniently removed one day before this announcement. 

IanP

Totally disagree with this change.

Data is a useless bonus for many if not most of us as we have excess already.

Least they should offer is a matching amount of points to what we are receiving now.

hi @Bottomshelf yes , you are correct

but if you like , keep an eye on My Account or the Common, PM might lift the new activation limits on some plans and open up for existing as well. Just need to be patient 

Bottomshelf

I believe the old customers and new subscribers will be paying the same for their base plan.

I'm on the $15 plan and currently paying $7.84.  Under the new system I will be paying $15 and get 1 pt per referral, .75 pt per month and 10 pts on the anniversary date.  As a new subscriber you will also be paying $15.

If you're referring to the "new activations only" plan, I can see what you're saying.  My spouse is on the $25 plan paying $23.52 with unlimited Canada wide calling and 1 gb data.  Even though the new $24 is more expensive, in the long run (taking into consideration $ rewards) but at least you get 4 gb of data which may or may not be useful depending on your usage.

hi @Glemlins the Friend referrals is the same

The one who joined with the code will get $10 one time , the one ehor referred will get 1 point on the new system every renewal 

Glemlins

They should probably be updating their site..   First thing I see when logging into my account:

SHARING ISCARING
Celebrate friendship in a rewarding way. Refer a friend and get $1 off your bill every 30 days they stay. Plus, they get a one-time $10 bill credit. Everyone wins.

hi @JennalynnFlesch I don't think support agent can do much 😞

JennalynnFlesch

I have been messaging PM customer service regarding this ridiculous issue they have created for legacy users and this was their reply thus far, along with my answer for everyone to see.. basically just the run around thus far..

No worries, I'm here to help you with understanding how Public Points will work and how will or not affect your account.

Starting May 2024, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points program. 

These changes will impact existing customers that are not currently on the Public Points program. 

To thank you for your continued loyalty, we’re giving you a special bonus.

Bonus data will be added to your account by March 31. 2024, as long as your account is active. 

We’ll also send you a text message confirmation when the bonus data has been successfully added to your account.

The Public Points program is based on points, 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. 

The ways to earn with Public Points are the following:

Welcome Present: As a little welcome present to customers opting-in to the Public Points program, we give them 5 points.

Points-Back: Our customers can earn points just by paying their bill. For every dollar they spend, they’ll make 5% of it back in points.

Happy Anniversary: For every twelve months a customer stays with us, they’ll earn 10 points. 

Refer-A-Friend: If a customer refers a friend to Public Mobile, they’ll receive one point for every month their friend stays with us.

Give Back: Customers can earn up to 20 points per month by helping the Public Mobile community online.

Customers can redeem them on the following way: 

Lower your bill: By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

Add some Extras: We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming, Add-on a little. Long distance minutes, Extra data.

Jackpot: From time to time, we create exciting contests. And if a customer is feeling lucky and wants to participate, they can spend the required number of points to be entered to win

Kind regards,

Danny

Customer Support Agent.

Hi Danny,

I do not agree to lose my rewards as they are on my account now.  I was promised the loyalty rewards upon joining PM as well as the friend rewards and the rewards for autopay.  Due to the fact that I am a legacy user, and my account predates your new points program, you will need to honor my account's current rewards as they stand. I will not accept this switch.  PM asked legacy users in the past if they wanted to switch and I was one of the many who said no.  This made our position clear. I will file a complaint with the CCTS unless PM confirms, in writing that it will honor it's promised rewards for legacy.

Your 'new' points program is not satisfactory and removes guaranteed promised rewards which would affect my account.  Your loyalty 'Points' will NOT equal what I have already.  My position is clear.  I signed up with PM because you promised the rewards I have NOW.  I will not switch to your points program.  I am one of many many legacy users who say NO.  

You can forward my message to a manager and confirm this with them prior to my filing with CCTS.

Thank you

wow @JB21 

I am providing help, so,  I running this place?? lol

Need Help? Let's chat.