cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unveiling our exciting support enhancement: SIMon-assisted ticketing!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As I’ve shared in my Developer Blog series (Part 1/ Part 2), the team and I have been hard at work driving improvements in our support model, and as of today, we’ve finally gone live!

If you haven’t been keeping up with the Developer Blog, here’s what you missed-

• Starting today, SIMon, our virtual assistant, can now connect customers looking for help to our Moderators through a guided smartform.
  • SIMon will act as the first point of contact (like a front desk agent!) for customers, guiding customers to relevant Help Articles or the Community for general questions, and for tougher account issues, he’ll bring you to submit a smartform to the Moderators. 
  • Private Messaging the Moderator Team continues to be an available option.

Why should I use SIMon?

• It can save you time - by using the smartform, you’re ensuring that our Moderators will have all the necessary details they’ll need to start actioning your request right away from the first message. Plus, authentication is now part of the submission process. No more silly back and forth follow up messages! 
  • SIMon will pre-fill your support form for you - Based on your short conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon will remember what you shared with him and complete certain parts of your form for you! Cool right? 
  • Track your issue more easily - If you reach out to a Moderator via SIMon and the smartform, you’ll be issued a ticket number, making following up on your issue a snap when you can share your ticket number with a Moderator.
  • Pssst. You’ll hear back faster! - Based on the completeness of the information, Mods will prioritize issues coming from the smartform over regular private messages. 

As always, we’d love to hear what you think! Give SIMon a try the next time you need help (just click the bottom right button on any Community Page, or visit the Get Help Page). We’d love to hear what your experience was like if you’ve given SIMon a try! We’re continuing down the road to improve support, and this is something that’ll we’ll continue to grow and iterate on with your inputs.

Let us know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Alan

84 REPLIES 84

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Miller94 

Goodness....the new everything really us throwing a wrench into simple matters isn't it?!! Luckily you were able to sign in here or were already signed in? Please keep this window open as you may get signed out as uhave been several times already and when I accessed a different self serve account. 

Assuming you want to report and suspend your account via lost/stolen? I suggest you send a detailed private message to customer support. Include the account details to verify your account and request that the agent suspends your account via lost/stolen for you. (Voicemail will remain active.) If you want to completely cancel it then it will do this automatically 90 days after gourmet last day of paid service (or top up and reactivate before day 89 to save it.)

Ask customer support how to access your account via eversafe when you cannot recieve the 2FA via your phone....we would all love to know that answer?!!)

Follow the instructions in the spoiler of the post below to contact customer support.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Miller94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was stolen and I want to cancel my service. 

When I try logging in, the website sends a 2FA code to my stolen phone to complete the log in process, but there’s no way for me to get that message. So I’m unable to log in and submit a ticket or cancel the service myself. What should I do? 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This is inteersting upgrade.  Smiley Happy

LindaB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have triend it an really like it. It would be nice if there was a little more time between each speech bubble coming up to give the reader time. It can be a little distracting. But super cool overall !!! 

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrat to all contributors

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great link @will13am  I will try to use it. 

@Alan_K The 22% stat just mentioned would be a hopeful sign IF solution time initially seemed to be in the the 24 hour range. Starting from 5+ days it's a drop in the bucket.

I'm wondering if PM doesn't need two measures for moderator response performance:

a) retail activations, and

b) online requests.

Have you not commingled customer acquisition costs with customer support? Best separated I think.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

A colleague at work just asked me earlier today what is going on at Public Mobile.  He had to contact the moderator team for an account issue and response was provided on day 4! 

It is nice to hear that the metrics are trending down.  Looks like there is a long way to go even if 22% improvement is a good start.  Imagine if there wasn't the improvement.  We would be heading towards second week type response times. 

On the direct link topic, it seems like the closest to that is this.  Going any further to the actual ticket page results in a link that has expiry to it.  It should be easy enough to get SIMon to show the Submit a ticket link. 

mimmo

@Alan_K  there are many reports of people waiting 5+ days for are those included in the stats you mentioned.?

Alan_K

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  the magic words I found were "submit ticket "

I also agree with the direct link. It was the first thing I asked for when I had the testing session, and I believe a couple times since.  But who are we just customers, not the engineers building the support system. 

Hi everyone, I appreciate the feedback so far and hear you loud and clear about the ask for a direct link. Pushing something new like this is never easy, and we know we still have tons to learn and improve on still. Thank you to those who recognize we won't be arriving at perfection just yet but that we're making incremental steps! The team and I are collecting feedback from all sides, including Moderators, and channel partners. We will assess the needs from all sides before deciding on next steps, but I know this is a highly requested feature which I will fight for to be included in the next iteration.

So far, I am pleased to let the Community know that we are seeing a noticeable benefit in terms of time to resolution for customers coming through the form. This week, we are observing a 22% reduction in time taken to close a problem when a customer comes through the forms over private message.

Hope that helps to ease some of the concern here and thank you for your understanding! 🙂

pgermaine

Ageed. We’ll see how it works I guess. 

pgermaine

Yes, if enough people echo this need, PM will hopefully provide a direct link to the form. There’s always issues to work out in a new system. 

pgermaine

This is great! It’s nice to see PM stream lining the support process. This should make for faster response times and happier customers! Keep up the good work 🙂

@mimmo wrote:

I also agree with the direct link. It was the first thing I asked for when I had the testing session, and I believe a couple times since.  But who are we just customers, not the engineers building the support system. 

I believe that I was told that opening a ticket would be possible without using SIMon, but sending a standard private message to Moderator_Team is not what I had in mind.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The direct link is intuitive and has its merits.  But then this SIMon thing is all about gathering information about the customer concern/issue and offering the best advice possible.  In some cases, it may mean getting the community to help.  Regardless, the effort expended to characterize the problem is supposed to find its way into the ticket.  That being the case, nothing should be lost and the ticket information is complete.  This process is new and we just need some time for everyone to get used to it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

As with magic...abracadabra doesn't always work. I get the bit that says to pm...not submit ticket.

mimmo

@Anonymous wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@will13am The forms are working fine for me, can you show me an example so I can look into it?

@Alan_K: It would be MUCH more useful if there was a direct link to the form rather than plodding through SIMon trying to figure out the magic words to get there.

It seems to be me that people are spending time (myself included) trying to figure out ways to bypass SIMon. SIMon can be helpful and does have a place, but when people have already asked around in the Community or when it's an issue that clearly needs a ticket opened/moderator help, needing to go through SIMon is frustrating, takes extra time, and is just confusing customers.

And maybe an option under "My Settings" to turn off the question mark all together please & thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@will13am The forms are working fine for me, can you show me an example so I can look into it?

@Alan_K: It would be MUCH more useful if there was a direct link to the form rather than plodding through SIMon trying to figure out the magic words to get there.

@Alan_K wrote:

I edited my post just now because the form has come back.  Maybe it was something on my end, but I could not get the form to show up earlier today.  It just goes straight to private message to moderator.  Maybe a browser cache issue, not sure.

Alan_K

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I spoke too soon Smiley Sad

My password changed once again. So i created a ticket on Sep 4th. Guess what, still no reply from a mod. All they need to do is reset my password, and i am sure they can do it within a click of a button. I thought they are smart enough to make the smart form let you filter tickets. For example, they can let one mod handle all password related and other easy inquiries instead of most of them spending time on complicated issues. I guess i was wrong as i haven't heard back for more than 72 hours now. Was my ticket missed or i am too down the queue? I am not sure.

I am very sad to see the new smart form already not making any difference. It just makes things little easier and just one step closer by allowing us to verify our accounts during submission, but there seems to be no change in quick resolution. Password reset inquiries should always be bumped up because it is so easy to reset the password and someone could be waiting for it to do any of the available self-serve options such as changing sim card or phone number, adding payment details, or checking call logs. I do not see any harm done if they just bump up these easy inquiries. As i said before, they only have to assign one mod to handle this. Rest can continue with other inquiries. Oh well, can i even hope for better support anymore? Smiley Frustrated

cc: @Alan_K 

ipkonfig

When I try to submit a ticket, the chat bot asks me to login. And when I try to login, I get an error logging in message. What should I do? I am trying to use the same credentials that allowed me to post this message.

Screenshot from 2019-09-07 09-59-30.png

Simon is effectively unusable on my device - 6" HD screen, Chrome/Firefox/Brave, default/SwiftKey keyboards, all possible combinations, all setting combos, landscape and portrait.

It's the script... Simon dialog box simply fills 75% on right half of screen (while my smallest keyboard footprint fills bottom inch or so), it keeps aggressively stealing focus, resizing itself, resizing its text contents, forced overlay anchored on screen, completely ignores browser frame and script settings. Utterly frustrating and sloppy interface in my opinion.  Basically forced to treat Simon like any other piece of useless screen pollution - he got adblocked out omy life.

Agree with above.  Need to directly access the ticketing system.  

Also, several customers are both private messaging and ticketing via Simon.  This might "clog" up the system.  

lewl

While I appreciate SIMon's assistance in pre-filling out forms, I echo the sentiment that there should also be a direct link to fill out a ticket without requiring that intermediate step.

As in today, I knew exactly what my issue was but it took twice as long as I had to go through SIMon, and even then the pre-filled prompt wasn't correct and I had to pick another category.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is great news ! Hopefully this will hel[p to expidite resolutions much faster and also easier for moderators to track issues.

adel2922
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cool!

Need Help? Let's chat.