cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until September 13 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From August 23rd until September 13th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end September 13, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

313 REPLIES 313

@Mabo81

You can contact moderator to explain your situation and hopefully, they can help.  It will take 1-2 days to respond though....  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Mabo81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,  ive joined PM today but had no idea about this referral bonus and overlooked it.  Any chance i can add my buddy  as referral  after  my account been activated ?   Thank you. 

smp99

I'm not sure how PM knows what is Online vs In Store activation but I suspect there is a different web page for stores - When I was at Walmart and added an account, I took a look at the page and it looked the same. but it could have been a different web address. 

Any ways, the Walmart rep may have used the consumer page to activate. 

This entire post is pure speculation

I will confirm which store my friend went to but 100% in store and got the $25 added to both accounts

That was why I was encouraging someone else to go in store Cat Wink

*edit - yup both phones say online activations only.... weird....

@cappaj wrote:

If you activate at Walmart, you still get the normal referral reward ($10 credit for the new customer, $1/30 days for the referrer, for as long as the new customer remains a customer).

The $25 promo credit for referrer and new customer is online only, yes. I haven't heard of anyone getting that from an in-store activation though.

Skarb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Amazing! Another great reason to be with PM  Now hopefully I can get some referrals

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

Clarification - This is only for online activations???

So anyone who did it at Walmart and actually got referral was a glitch?

If you activate at Walmart, you still get the normal referral reward ($10 credit for the new customer, $1/30 days for the referrer, for as long as the new customer remains a customer).

The $25 promo credit for referrer and new customer is online only, yes. I haven't heard of anyone getting that from an in-store activation though.

Clarification - This is only for online activations???

So anyone who did it at Walmart and actually got referral was a glitch?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@jace829 wrote:

Does anyone else feel Public Mobile should just keep this $25 referral credit promotion on forever? Smiley Happy

Good luck with that. A little wishful thinking never hurt.

Well I responded to your post, as you replied to this thread, regard8ng the $25 and $25 referral offer.

SSB

I understand, they knew they were getting $1/ mo. Referral Credit.

If I activated online instead, he would have received a $25 credit.

better deal for me to activate in-store then, just for them they loose out on $25 instead get $1/mo.  Oh well. thank you! @stonechucker

@stonechucker wrote:

@SSB, but your friend didn’t get the available $25 ONLINE activation credit, because the store activated it for you.  You got a sweet deal for yourself in the free SIM and $35 in credits.

your friend however, only gets $1 credit, albeit every 30 days, as long as you remain a customer.

If you purchased the SIM card, and activated online, you and your friend would have both received $25 dollars.

@SSB, but your friend didn’t get the available $25 ONLINE activation credit, because the store activated it for you.  You got a sweet deal for yourself in the free SIM and $35 in credits.

your friend however, only gets $1 credit, albeit every 30 days, as long as you remain a customer.

If you purchased the SIM card, and activated online, you and your friend would have both received $25 dollars.

SSB

@cappaj wrote:
@stonechucker wrote:

So, as a recommendation to everyone, print this out and take to the Walmart or Wow Mobile or London Drugs, and tell them you want the SIM card, without activation.

I've found calling ahead is the best way to avoid a hassle - then you can confirm they'll sell you just the SIM without requiring activation before you show up.

Of course, when you show up at Walmart or London Drugs any day before Sept. 6, you might decide to activate there anyways for the in-store promo (free SIM + $25 credit + $10 referral credit). 😉

I checked my activation credits from activating with London Drugs.

I received free SIM promo 

received $25 credit (after 72 hours)

also can verify what @cappaj said, as I also did receive a $10 credit (after 72 hours) for being referred to PM. Actually my credits were within 48 hours 😊, great customer offer for b2school.

jace829
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone else feel Public Mobile should just keep this $25 referral credit promotion on forever? Smiley Happy

SSB

@cappaj referring to his post on page one that’s LD (retail) had the promo of extra $10 for referral on activation, not the 25$ one for online referral, as yes they have a $25 activation credit anyways.

That’s all I wanted to clarify because no one at my London Drugs knows about the credit @cappaj was referring to. 

Thats all! Thanks!

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Horemansuk wrote:

My 25 dollar referral came on day 2.

Contact moderators if 72 hrs have passed by.

The moderators have a one week backlog right now - please DON'T contact them right away.  Be extra sure before you add to their queue.

@SSB, the instore LD $10 activation promo will not be usable, if you want the $25/$25 referral.  The $25/$25 referral is for Online only activations when friend referring.

Horemansuk

My 25 dollar referral came on day 2.

Contact moderators if 72 hrs have passed by.

SSB

Your account has to be active and not in suspension to receive/give any credits or rewards.

i would top up to be active again then get the credit towards the following month.

s

smp99

Here's a question

Lets say my account is currently suspended but still in the 90 day window.

Can I use this number to refer someone else thereby getting the $25 credit. And then let's suppose that credit is enough to kick start the plan again. Would this actually happen?

It's not mine, but I know someone in this situation.

SSB

I haven’t seen this referral promo $10 in London Drugs.

only the free SIM card and $25 credit after 72 hours when activating in store your account. Which is already a great offer.

where have you seen this extra $10 credit if you activated with a referral in retail or LD?

thanks! 

aaleem

Hi

I have not received any $25 credit despite two days have passed since the activation of my refered SIM. I have received $1/month refer a friend discount but no $25 one time credit

@naliya7, there are no options for telephone support, unless you're on a Pioneer or Legacy plan, and for that you must call 611.

If you're on any other plan, you'll need to tell us your issue in the forum so that we can assist you.

naliya7

Please someone get in touch with me..........I can't open the account and I need a new phone..........please get in touch with me as soon as possible..........call me on my cell.......thank you............

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mikeec67 wrote:

So, if I refer two friends do I get a $50 credit?

BINGO ching ching ching 😁😀

@mikeec67 wrote:

Yes, if they follow the rules and activate online.  Activating at the store is not eligible for this bonus offer.

mikeec67

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Aibani wrote:

I referred 2 customers at Walmart but didn’t not get the $25 credit

@Aibani

In the announcement post, the terms of the referral promo state that the activations must be done online (i.e. not in-store).  Your walmart referrals won't qualify for the $25 referral credit, but should get the non-promo $10 credit  instead, and you will get the $1 per 30 days reward.

@Aibani

If your friends activated in store, you will NOT get this credit.  You will get the ongoing $1 monthly referral credit.  Your friends had to activate online at HOME for this promo to be valid.  However, your friends did get a better deal at Walmart since they got a free SIM card, $25 credit and your $10 friend referral credit.  

Aibani

I referred 2 customers at Walmart but didn’t not get the $25 credit

anacronox

this is excacly what i did ... they force me to activate right away. simply says you dont have time ( if you new user and need a number) or say you dont know your account number ( if you transfer / port  number )

Need Help? Let's chat.