cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until September 13 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From August 23rd until September 13th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end September 13, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

313 REPLIES 313

jedivision
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you need any help

omnishield
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Want to sign up. Need a referral please

@listentothehoff

That is frustrating.  Either the Walmart rep did not know the promotion well or was lying.  Hopefully, the PM moderator can help you.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

listentothehoff

Same thing happened to me.  The Walmart employee on fiday told me that I would recieve the $25 credit.  He said it was no different than me activating at home.  Now to figure out how to go to the moderator with the info.

@houfred9  Please edit the post with phone numbers in it.  This is a violation of policy in the community, and a risk to whoever has the use of these phone numbers.

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should not post your numbers on a public forum. If I were you —would change my number and also give a heads up to your friend ASAP. Changing your number does not require the help of a moderator.

jedivision

That’s true. I did get a free SIM. I have 37.00 credit on my account for the next 30 day payment.

Yes, the London drugs/Walmart promo ended on september 6.  It was the better deal for new customers like yourself.  Your friend did not get a better deal though....Smiley Happy   You should have also gotten a free SIM card from London drugs (so additional $10 value)

jedivision

But maybe I received the LD credit ($25) and referral ($10). Hurts my friend ($15) but I’m ahead by $10

jedivision

London Drugs was able to apply this promotion for me. They were familiar with it and I got the credit. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @houfred9

You should edit your post and remove your number. This is a public forum. 

Did you friend activate at home or in store? If at home you are eligible for the credit. 

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

houfred9

yiatioxi-ok

I’m sure it was well intentioned. 

@6500K

Unfortunately, if you registered in store with Walmart, you will only get $10 friend referral and your referral will get ongoing $1 credit.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just bought one at Walmart and the guy activated it for me.  I should have read the thread in more detail.  Since I gave my friend's number as the referrer I guess he won't get the $25 but I will right?

@ckl, something else has to happen in store for activation to be noticed, as sales rep get commission.  they are doing something, to notify Public Mobile, that we do not see.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I activated online after purchasing a sim at London Drugs. As others have stated, the salesperson wanted to do the activation for me and showed me the the activation screen along with the URL which read activate.publicmobile.ca. I was even told that it's no different than doing it at home. So I was under the illusion that I would get $25+25 *and* a FREE SIM which would make it better than the online only deal (since I would have to buy the sim if I didn't activate in store). However, I refused because I like following rules. The salesperson was not pushy at all but was confused why I didn't take a better deal. I know better tho. I don't think even the salespeople know the difference between activating it in store vs. at home since we're both looking at the same webpage.

IMO, if PM can figure out the difference between activating it online vs. instore, then there needs to be a visual difference in the activation screens so that salespeople and regular customers don't get confused.

@KellarFam, please send information about this to the Moderator_Team, detailing the location of the store and approximate time of it happening.  Public Mobile moderators are collecting reports of this type of occurrence to follow up and reinforce that customers *should* be able to simply purchase a sim card, and do self-activations.  It is the customer's choice whether the activation is in-store or at home.

KellarFam

I just read through all the posts and guess I was duped by the Walmart employee. Said it was being activated online by him doing it and no different from it being done at home. Oh well lesson learned 😞

@KellarFam, do you know if they activated in store or online?  If it was in store, $25 credit to you is not applicable per the information in post number 1 of this thread.  If they activated online, you should see the $25 within 72 hours.

KellarFam

Just wondering why I didn't receive the $25 credit. Did everything listed in promotion detail. Friend put my number as referral etc. Any help would be appreciated. 

cappaj

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

The $25 incentive runs out quickly - and the $1 saving doesnt even buy a bottle of water. If your mom mostly texts look into the Bell basic $15/month plan which gives unlimited texts and also $5 off each month for the first 6 months.

@jace829 wrote:

Yes, the deal is better for the new customer and not the referrer. I got my mom to sign up in-store anyway since the savings on her end were larger. I can make do with the $1 off per month lol.

What are the calling options with that plan - unlimited and/or Canada wide?

yiatioxi-ok

The $25 incentive runs out quickly - and the $1 saving doesnt even buy a bottle of water. If your mom mostly texts look into the Bell basic $15/month plan which gives unlimited texts and also $5 off each month for the first 6 months.

@jace829 wrote:

Yes, the deal is better for the new customer and not the referrer. I got my mom to sign up in-store anyway since the savings on her end were larger. I can make do with the $1 off per month lol.

jace829

Kalstad

I have been but not getting very far. Lol the lady at Wal-Mart says there is nothing they can do. But she told me both times that we would get it. 

Sher39

That’s terrible. You should complain.

Sher39

Good morning to the community,

i just activated my SIM card to public mobile and got the $1 referral credit. But I still have to wait 72 hours to see the $25 refer a friend credit. Sweet deal Public mobile. This is until September 13th. 

Kalstad

Knew it was a Wal-Mart thing. She told me that we would get the bonus. Won't go back there. 

Kalstad

I figured as much. 

cappaj

@Kalstad wrote:

Lots of us didn't get it. We weren't even giving the option to do it on line. Was told it had to be done in store. This happened to me twice.

Yeah, that's a big problem they have with the retail locations that sell SIMs and activate accounts. As much as PM has said "this is how things work," the retailers (especially Walmart I find) often decide to ignore them. PM wants to know when that happens so they can follow up, but honestly I don't know how much they can do to get them in line. It's been a couple months at least since people started complaining about, e.g., their local Walmart refusing to sell them a SIM on its own.

This advice doesn't help you now - but for others, I recommend calling the retailer ahead and confirm that they'll sell you just the SIM on its own without requiring activation in store. It varies from, e.g., Walmart to Walmart or WOW to WOW, so if one location says they won't do it, try another.

Need Help? Let's chat.