cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until September 13 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From August 23rd until September 13th, 2018, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end September 13, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

313 REPLIES 313

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree fourc days is too long to wait BUT then how can that be because the promo just started two days ago on the 23rd.  In my case within 24 hrs all went smooth got my new number and also my referral friend and I both got our $25 account credit. 

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

The promo just started a couple of days ago — I don’t think the moderators work on weekends- but I’m not surre. Just wait until Monday and see what happens.  

No, moderators work on weekends as well. 

What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

yiatioxi-ok

The promo just started a couple of days ago — I don’t think the moderators work on weekends- but I’m not surre. Just wait until Monday and see what happens.  

yiatioxi-ok

Be patient- all will be well in a couple of days. 

yiatioxi-ok

It will automatically happen— don’t worry.

yiatioxi-ok

I sighed up a few days ago and all went very smooth for me / perhaps I was just lucky?

meilanz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what a **bleep** service provider!^??

meilanz

it has been One week that PM cant even fix the porting issue for us....what a terrible.and redicuous service!

yiatioxi-ok

You will get the $25 account credit within 48 hours.  I also just activated and received my  credit within 24 hours.

@forgetfulsim, so my response above tells you what will happen.  I answered for both an in store, and online activation, as you didn’t specify originally how the activation was done.

Sue17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I just made the switch to Public, and was wondering how to get the $25 credit for myself and my referral friend. I was assuming that it would automatically be added, but i guess not.

Is there a step i need to take?

Thanks

forgetfulsim

To clarify, my friend activated outside the store - online on our personal computer. The sim was purchased from London Drugs without activation.

PM acknowledged I refered a friend through text this morning (referral activated last night), however, my account only got credited $1. "Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)"

When will I see a total of $25?

@forgetfulsim If your friend activated online, you and your friend will see the $25 within 72 hours as stated in the announcement.

If the friend activated in store, you will only see the $1 each month they remain active, they will get whatever else the store activation gets.

forgetfulsim

PM acknowledged I refered a friend through text this morning (referral activated last night), however, my account only got credited $1. "Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)"

When will I see a total of $25?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@manouch wrote:

Are you a moderator?

is it playing the game or what?

the community can’t help at all, you have to correct your system!

let me know if you don’t want to help?

You will see mod written in a blue box beside the posters username if they are a moderator. Everyone else is just another customer of Public Mobile. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dz11 wrote:

I’m told London Drugs has a back to school 25$ activation credit until sept 1 that is separate from the referral one don’t know if they are stackable

No.  They are not stackable.

LD rep login to their portal to activate a plan for you which is different from the online activation form.  PM knows where is the activation coming from.

Dz11

I’m told London Drugs has a back to school 25$ activation credit until sept 1 that is separate from the referral one don’t know if they are stackable

@Dz11 wrote:

When London Drugs activate the sim there is still a place to enter the name and phone number of the person who referred you so you should still get the 25$ credit as I was told I would so it’s all good you just have to have the phone number of the person who refers you when you go in to activate😀

@Dz11

Hopefully, you will get the $25 credit.  But, if you activated instore, you will likely get the regular $10 friend referral credit and the LD promo $25.  This promo is for online activation only.  Your friend will likely only get the ongoing $1 credit, not $25.  

manouch

Are you a moderator?

is it playing the game or what?

the community can’t help at all, you have to correct your system!

let me know if you don’t want to help?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@manouch wrote:

Yes my service still not working after 4 days! And it is not still works.

You are posting at the wrong section, try to post starting, I am sure the community will try to help you out

@onewaylove wrote:

I referred my frnd and I got the monthly $1 credit, but i didn't receive the $25 credit 😞

Unfortunately, if your friend did instore activation, you only get $1 credit.  It has to be online activation for $25 for both parties.  However, for your friend, it was a better deal for them to do instore activation.  

SD08

@onewaylove wrote:

I referred my frnd and I got the monthly $1 credit, but i didn't receive the $25 credit 😞

@onewaylove

How long has it been since your friend activated?  As per the terms of the promo, the $25 credit can take up to 72 hours after activation to appear in your account.

manouch

Yes my service still not working after 4 days! And it is not still works.

onewaylove

SD08

@AnujisBerg wrote:

Looking for a referral... PM me please

@AnujisBerg

I've sent you a private message.

AnujisBerg

Looking for a referral... PM me please

Dz11

Are you signed up for auto pay?

La2

Hi I am having the connection but I am trying to cancel my account plz..help me to resolve the problem..

Dz11

When London Drugs activate the sim there is still a place to enter the name and phone number of the person who referred you so you should still get the 25$ credit as I was told I would so it’s all good you just have to have the phone number of the person who refers you when you go in to activate😀

manouch

If Public Mobile is so busy and can’t handle the jobs they don’t have to sell the service to people and waste people time to stay for 10 days for a moderator to give an answer for every minutes and day we are paying for the service so if you answer late you have to credit the clients for the time they spent without having a technical support, it is more than 48 hours my phone is not working because you want to charge more or your system has problem and no psy cares about the messages send to the moderators, we have to ask Telus the owner of this company to see how they only charge people without rendering the services! 

Need Help? Let's chat.