cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

@AJ9 wrote:

@Dannyrondeau wrote:

Hi, is this deal compatible with the instore SIM purchase/30 days free offer that's listed in the announcements?  Thanks!

To get the $25 refer-a-friend credit deal, you need to order the SIM card online and activate the SIM card online at activate.publicmobile.ca. (The SIM card may be bought for $10 at some retailers such as Wal-Mart, but not all will allow you to purchase it.). So this deal is not compatible/stackable with the $0 SIM/30 days free deal which is only offered in-store.

That is NOT entirely correct. You only need to activate online, not in store BUT you can purchase the SIM from anywhere...

(but it is correct that it is NOT compatible with the FREE SIM/30 days free offer)

Click Where to buy SIMS for Public Mobile

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Dannyrondeau wrote:

Hi, is this deal compatible with the instore SIM purchase/30 days free offer that's listed in the announcements?  Thanks!

To get the $25 refer-a-friend credit deal, you need to order the SIM card online and activate the SIM card online at activate.publicmobile.ca. (The SIM card may be bought for $10 at some retailers such as Wal-Mart, but not all will allow you to purchase it.). So this deal is not compatible/stackable with the $0 SIM/30 days free deal which is only offered in-store.

Dannyrondeau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Carld123

@lili1

The bonus 25$ isnt instant..usually next day as per recent posts ...

@lili1, it can take up to 72 hours to see the credit(s) in your account.  When did you activate?  I think you just need to wait a few days.

lili1

i just activated and put in a reference number but the credit is not showing in my account. please assist.

Carld123

@Rache115

First question as always..Did they activate Online....and not Instore?

@Rache115 wrote:

I’ve referred 2 friends and haven’t seen either $25 reward. One was end of nov and one last week. Can anyone help? 

Yes, contact the moderator_team by sending a private message to:

@Moderator_Team

and include your tel# and PIN 

(do not post your private info in the public area of this forum)

Rache115

I’ve referred 2 friends and haven’t seen either $25 reward. One was end of nov and one last week. Can anyone help? 

lonegreyride

@shartomjam wrote:

@lonegreyride

Unfortunately, the Walmart cell employees are in it for the commission they make on activation of new accounts.  Some Walmarts won't sell you just a SIM card and they don't always give you truthful information (as indicated by many posts in this community).  If you signed up yesterday or today, there is an "instore" promotion available - a free SIM and a credit for the value of your first month of service.  I hope you were able to take advantage of that promo.

Thanks, we did indeed get to take advantage of that, so I guess it works out. I'm still happy to sign people up to escape their crazy bills anyway, so really even the $1 off my bill is gravy.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lonegreyride

Unfortunately, the Walmart cell employees are in it for the commission they make on activation of new accounts.  Some Walmarts won't sell you just a SIM card and they don't always give you truthful information (as indicated by many posts in this community).  If you signed up yesterday or today, there is an "instore" promotion available - a free SIM and a credit for the value of your first month of service.  I hope you were able to take advantage of that promo.

lonegreyride

@shartomjam wrote:

@lonegreyride wrote:

We were originally going to sign up online ourselves, but then saw the recommendation from PM to sign up in store because of Canada Post.

Pretty disappointed tbh. 

Actually, PM recommended that you buy your SIM in a store because of Canada Post.  They did not recommend sign up in store.  The promotions are quite clear as to whether they are "in store" or "online".

Yeah fair enough. Some of the confusion comes from the fact that when I signed up myself, the guy told me if I sign up in store the sim is free, and that "I literally just fill out the online form for you", saying it was no different than me signing up myself at home. Ever since, when I'm telling friends about Public Mobile I'd use that exact explanation.

And yes, as soon as I checked I noticed it said online, but still wondered. I'm sure once you've been around for a few promos it's obvious that they're either in-store or online, but when it's the first promo you've ever seen, and you see the guy type activate.publicmobile.ca into a web browser, you probably wouldn't think too much about it.

Not sure how easy it is for info to flow from Public Mobile to the Walmart connection centre employees, but it would have been nice if the guy had been aware of current promos like this. We talked to him for quite a while, he definitely didn't know about this promo and also didn't catch on when I showed him the text from Public Mobile.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lonegreyride wrote:

We were originally going to sign up online ourselves, but then saw the recommendation from PM to sign up in store because of Canada Post.

Pretty disappointed tbh. 

Actually, PM recommended that you buy your SIM in a store because of Canada Post.  They did not recommend sign up in store.  The promotions are quite clear as to whether they are "in store" or "online".

lonegreyride

@Chikchat wrote:

You can get the sim from Walmart and activated the account online by yourselves at home, not by the store.

Dang, wish the guy at Walmart was informed of this. I was told I'd get the $25 credit, along with my girlfriend who was signing up. I honestly thought the Walmart employee was just filling in info online (in fact, my girlfriend actually filled out most of the info herself even in-store). 

Pretty disappointed tbh. 

Thanks. I did eventually see this info updated on the other thread:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

AJ9

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@CS_Agent, et al,

is this offer stackable with the other promo of $10 off per month for 6 months on plans $30 or over when signing up onilne?

Yes it is.

@CS_Agent, et al,

is this offer stackable with the other promo of $10 off per month for 6 months on plans $30 or over when signing up onilne?

markb

no,  i am on a current plan $35 1 gig plus 500meg bonus.  

Carld123

@markb

Are you on an old school legacy plan???if so..this may explain why your number wasnt accepted for the referral..

markb

It's been 2 weeks for me now,   contacted moderators twice.  still no show.. i actually have 2 referals.  my friends said the number wasn't accepted as a referal number.   

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Baileyjane3 wrote:

How long till it shows up on both persons account ? I am a new member and just registered and entered my referrals number also. I dont see the credit on my end, unsure about the other person ??

Give it up to 2 days for the credit to show in your account. If still not there, contact a moderator and they can help you get it sorted. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great.  It is a great timing.  I just got four PM SIM cards at TMS using PC Optimum offer spentd $40 and get 20,000 pts back (= $20 grocery). Time to invite friend to my house.  Give them free PM SIM card and activate PM plan for them.  It is win-win.  I get 4x$20($25 - $5 SIM) and my friends get $25 + free SIM. 

markb

Carld123

@markb

Was the activation done online not in store?..

markb

still havent recived mine.   been 2 weeks. 

Baileyjane3

How long till it shows up on both persons account ? I am a new member and just registered and entered my referrals number also. I dont see the credit on my end, unsure about the other person ??

dna2016

Uh oh, extending an existing promo to after the holidays?  Hopefully this doesn't mean the likelihood of there being a better promo for Boxing Day is slim.  Guess wel'll have to wait and see.  My fingers and toes are crossed from now until then.  Smiley LOL

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@poste93

It looks like the promo has been extended to Jan 1, 2019 so hopefully you still have time. 

@poste93 go to one of the various retailers that sell the Public Mobile SIM card.  Ask to buy a replacement SIM.

Do not tell them you wish to sign up a new customer.  Wal-Mart will most likely force you to activate in store.  The other retailers are *normally* better.

The Mobile Shop, K-Mobile, Wow Wireless, London Drugs are your options.

poste93

There are four days left with this promotion and you need a sim card to officially register and get it right? I want to refer my friend but by the time the sim card arrives the promotion will be over. I guess there's no way to register without the sim card and number?

Need Help? Let's chat.