cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Until December 6 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@will13am, no not suggesting to contact all of your referrals you currently have and tell tehm they should be looking for a new provider.  I have found that my service and the people I have referred has been very stable with no issues.  As for new referrals I personally feel that with the recent glitches and service backlogs and strange occurances on accounts put a friend or family member in the risk of experiencing this.  I understand we don't use the service for interaction with the support team and hope we never have to use the support team.  I have never had any issues with any of the accounts I have managed or referred so I am not sure if the main issues happening now are a user error or a system error.  I am still a strong supporter of PM but will not throw myself under the bus until it at least slows down (service issues are dealt with in a reasonable time.)  I just like you signed up during the fall promo and yes there were HUGE wait times then as well but they really didn't show up until after.  I am not sure if I would have joined had I read of the 2 week + response time.  The trust of my family and friends is something I value more than a $25 reward and growing PM when their system is in the current state it is in.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Re: Until December 6 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

@SD08 wrote:

Thanks for bringing back this referral promo.  

If anyone in Toronto is signing up to Public Mobile and does not have a referrer in order to get this credit, I will provide a PM SIM card at no charge.  Please reply by private message only.

Uhhhhhh, is this allowed?  @Alan_K 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am not taking side on this arguments.

We don't know the percentage of subscribers who have issue with PM.  We all hear about the issues reported on this forum.  But I am sure that there are lots of happy subscribers who do not have any service issues.

For me, I will continue to refer my friends and family to PM with my hand-on approach.  I prepare them what will happen with the PM DIY service.  I am telling them to expect 2 - 3 days of no service if problem comes up.  I deserve to earn the referral reward for my before and after activation support to my friends and family.  I believe that a well informed subscriber is a happy subscriber.  My friends and family expect the 2 - 3 days before activation.  I am here for them when they have problem with PM service just like my contributions to this community.

Telus raised the stock dividend recently.  Telus is making money.  It is up to them to decide whether the moderator long wait time is hurting the PM brand or not.  All we can do is to remind them about the long wait time.

@srlawren sure why not PM have no policy about it

Oracle

@Wonder_why wrote:

@srlawren sure why not PM have no policy about it

They do in the TOS of no solicitation

@Mary_M wrote:

Good morning,

I just wanted to reinforce the community services terms.

**You may not:

• a. post, upload, publish, display, encode, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute and/or disseminate information or material on the Site: constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (ii) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the rights holder; (iii) promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, or harasses or advocates harassment of another person; (iv) which solicits passwords, personal information, funds, goods and/or services or otherwise solicits information for commercial or unlawful purposes (v) that contains advertising;

Thank you,

Mary

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@popping wrote:

We don't know the percentage of subscribers who have issue with PM.  We all hear about the issues reported on this forum.  But I am sure that there are lots of happy subscribers who do not have any service issues.

For me, I will continue to refer my friends and family to PM with my hand-on approach.  I prepare them what will happen with the PM DIY service.  I am telling them to expect 2 - 3 days of no service if problem comes up.  I deserve to earn the referral reward for my before and after activation support to my friends and family.  I believe that a well informed subscriber is a happy subscriber.  My friends and family expect the 2 - 3 days before activation.  I am here for them when they have problem with PM service just like my contributions to this community.

Telus raised the stock dividend recently.  Telus is making money.  It is up to them to decide whether the moderator long wait time is hurting the PM brand or not.  All we can do is to remind them about the long wait time.

Glad to see that with your good explanation.  I wouldn't want anyone I know to be 3 days without service

Oracle

@popping wrote:

+1,000,000!  I have never been on the receiving end of any venom due to anything with this service.  I have every confidence that nothing is changing going forward.

For those that don't understand what I am saying from a business perspective, let me put it in human terms.  When the business is booming, the employees are fully engaged in running the business.  They might be overworked and stressed by customer overload.  For a shrinking business, the employees are left wondering what will happen next.  They will always be looking over their shoulders to see if something bad is about to happen.  Scenario one yields engaged employers and therefore better customer service.  Scenario two might yield less busy employees.  But they are disengaged and focused on anything but customer service.  As a customer, I would much prefer to be a part of scenario one. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Glad to see that with your good explanation.  I wouldn't want anyone I know to be 3 days without service

I let my friends and family knows the 2- 3 days wait.  It is up to them whether to accept the delay in exchange of a cheaper plan or not.  They know what they are getting into. 

Mayor / Maire

@will13am I get what you're saying, but not addressing the system issues and/or moderator wait times will lead to people leaving the system, resulting in a shrinking user base.  Signing people up in droves only to severely anger them within the first few months is not a sustainable way to grow your subscriber base.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks for another promo.  Timing should be good for me to get my daughter on PM now that her phone is paid off.