cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until January 1 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to January 1, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

*Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended. For the time being, we recommend you pick up a SIM by visiting one of our retail partners. To find your nearest participating retail partner, click here.

Hey Community,

From November 15th, 2018 until January 1st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs:

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?
    Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.
  2. I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?
    Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?
    No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.
  4. When does this promotion end?
    This promotion will end January 1, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
    • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
    • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
    • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
    • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
    • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
    • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
    • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

343 REPLIES 343

So I emailed iphoneincanada.ca and he was the reply

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the email, we've updated the article. We'll be better for next time. Cheers. 

Speedy action by them great job

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@TMS wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Smlannigan wrote:

I have referred 2 people and didn’t receive the $25 credit for either of them

It says in the original post that the credit will be issued within five days.  Has it been that long?

5?  or  3?

Sorry it is 3 for the $25 and 5 for the free month

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

Are you a moderator? If not, how could you be 100% certain? Have you referred any friend this weekend and get the referral credits ($10 or $25).  Id like personal experience to validate. Too much conflicting sources

This is your source. You're here. Out in the wild anybody can say anything they like.

Promo 1: activate online until the 16th with a referral and both get $25.

Promo 2: activate in store 23-25 and get a free SIM and credit for your plan cost.

Just received confirmation from moderator. Cant combine both promotions. Pretty disappointed. I hope i will still get $10 instead dor referring my friend, even though he activated instore.

here are the conditions that you need to fulfill in order to receive this bonus 

• No limits apply to the amount of referrals that referrers can make.
  • Limit of one $25 credit per referee.
  • Referee must activate online.
  • Customers must activate online.

You won't get $10 for referring someone. You will get $1/30 days.  The $10 has never been given to the referrer.  Will you believe this or do you need a mod to confirm?  Yes I have referred people for my own experience with this

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bigmouth2015  in past the$10 was stackable.  Pretty sure it will be teh same for  the instore activation.  

but your information is incorrect, it is only $10 for the new account, not for both parties.

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

Are you a moderator? If not, how could you be 100% certain? Have you referred any friend this weekend and get the referral credits ($10 or $25).  Id like personal experience to validate. Too much conflicting sources

This is your source. You're here. Out in the wild anybody can say anything they like.

Promo 2: activate in store 23-25 and get a free SIM and credit for your plan cost.

Just received confirmation from moderator. Cant combine both promotions. Pretty disappointed. I hope i will still get $10 instead dor referring my friend, even though he activated instore.

here are the conditions that you need to fulfill in order to receive this bonus 

• No limits apply to the amount of referrals that referrers can make.
  • Limit of one $25 credit per referee.
  • Referee must activate online.
  • Customers must activate online.

bigmouth2015

If we activate instore, do both parties still receive $10 instead?

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't mind if it takes longer than 72 hours to receive my $25. I'm just heart broken that public mobile didn't introduce a plan 20-25$with data this BF

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

bigmouth2015

Yes, $25 for each friend

Each referal

TMS

If I referred more than 1 friend, will I receive $25 for each of them or just the 1st friend?

bigmouth2015

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@Aton wrote:

I activated online last night around 8pm and used my friend's number as referral.

The $25 credit shows up this morning. Cheers!

Just read and get knowledge here in the community and follow ALL steps and procedures.

Thank you all for the advice!

I am a bit confused. The link below says that if you activate your account this black friday weekend IN-STORE instead of online and use a friend referral, both parties are also qualified for $25 credits.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-black-friday-2018-deal-free-sim/

Ciuld you please verify?

Why go there? You're at the right place to verify. The source. This very thread you're in even.

Consider it verified.

There are 2 real promos on right now. Until Dec 16 for the $25 referral and 23-25 for a free SIM and following month credit. There's also an autopay bonus data thing going on.

Edit: Ok I read the article. It's correct. But you're mixing up promos. See above.

The article is incorrect it says you can get $25 for activating in store

Oh you're right...the last sentence. Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@Aton wrote:

I activated online last night around 8pm and used my friend's number as referral.

Just read and get knowledge here in the community and follow ALL steps and procedures.

I am a bit confused. The link below says that if you activate your account this black friday weekend IN-STORE instead of online and use a friend referral, both parties are also qualified for $25 credits.

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-black-friday-2018-deal-free-sim/

Ciuld you please verify?

Why go there? You're at the right place to verify. The source. This very thread you're in even.

Consider it verified.

There are 2 real promos on right now. Until Dec 16 for the $25 referral and 23-25 for a free SIM and following month credit. There's also an autopay bonus data thing going on.

Edit: Ok I read the article. It's correct. But you're mixing up promos. See above.

The article is incorrect it says you can get $25 for activating in store

When you sign up in-store, you can also earn a $25 credit by signing up under a referral. Email @tips @iphoneincanada.ca if you require a referral.

Wrong info and I emailed them about it

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@Aton wrote:

Ciuld you please verify?

They article is wrong. You get the $25 for online activation at home.  The free second month from retail activation you can't then both

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

@Aton wrote:

Ciuld you please verify?

Consider it verified.

bigmouth2015

@Aton wrote:

Ciuld you please verify?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Smlannigan wrote:

Thank les for the reply it has been longer than 5 days

If it has been 5 days and you feel you are entitled to the credit then to resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Smlannigan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank les for the reply it has been longer than 5 days

Smlannigan

Yes they did and I got the 2 texts saying I had successfully referred them just no credit one was last Monday and the other last Friday 

TMS

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Smlannigan wrote:

It says in the original post that the credit will be issued within five days.  Has it been that long?

5?  or  3?

@Smlannigan wrote:

TMS

I receive the dollar referral per month I am still waiting for the $25 promo can we do this more than once?

mimmo

@Smlannigan did they activate online? Did they put your number in as a referral? Do they show up in your rewards section?  Has it been more that 72 hours?  

Smlannigan

PublicMobileAdm

This promo offer has been extended to December 16th. 

Aton

mimmo

@SimonRied wrote:

I referred to friends to public mobile, used my cell number, and it's been 72 hours and I Haven't got the 25$ reward. 

@SimonRied  did tehy activate at a retail store or at home?  if retail store there is no credits.  if it was at home then ,essage the mods.  the forums are full of instrutions on how to contact the mods.

SimonRied
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred to friends to public mobile, used my cell number, and it's been 72 hours and I Haven't got the 25$ reward. 

katelyn123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lke this 

Need Help? Let's chat.