cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

Thankyou. This would be a big help for those stuck in the USA.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think u could do a little better then that since im in nb and nobody is aloud to work and most of the country is the same way. Some free data and unlimited calling would be nice since were not millionaires like telus. Really sure odd people may use that roaming **bleep** but if there traveling they got money. Its people like me work suppose to fire up and now not so on ei and being raped of 700 of it every month for our government not doing there job so i get nailed paying ober half my income this winter so cant pay rent food or drive rest goes to meds. So people in canada canada starving who cant afford nothin would be a better gesture then helping travelers who obvisly have cash.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

". . . get $5 off when purchasing a SIM card online from us via Amazon or Shopify . . . "

What is Shopify and link for where to buy please.

I did find $5 SIM on Amazon and Public Mobile website, no shipping charge?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Montrealpost wrote:

". . . get $5 off when purchasing a SIM card online from us via Amazon or Shopify . . . "

What is Shopify and link for where to buy please.

I did find $5 SIM on Amazon and Public Mobile website, no shipping charge?

Shipping is always for purchases done at publicmobile.ca. 

Shipping can be free if purchasing from the seller Public Mobile from amazon.ca if you're a Prime member or if ordering $35 worth of shipped by Amazon.ca products.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Montrealpost

Beware when buying SIM cards from Amazon/eBay resellers.

Some are legit, they just want to flip ten bucks, easy way to work up their customer feedback. Some others are borderline, they sell the $10 item (sometimes for less than $10) with the proviso that you use their referral code so that PM will credit you $10 back (and give the referrer an ongoing reward). And some are scams, they record the unique SIM number (and any other personal info they can get about you and your device) for later use in SIM fraud.

If you buy directly from PM you get a brand new factory-sealed SIM card which hasn't been seen by anyone else and isn't (potentially) compromised in any way. Without any added shipping charges or delays.

Or you could buy a PM SIM card from an "authorized" retailer like Walmart or London Drugs. Although people have reported a variety of good and bad experiences from specific retail locations.

Ten bucks ain't much to pay vs all the costs of unwanted problems you might buy for a few dollars less.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree, these are tough times, a little help would be appreciated

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

Many Thanks for the thoughtful consideration. I am visiting down in  West Texas and keeping up-to-date on events back home has me chewing up the data way more than anticipated.

Public rocks ☺️👍

Highlighted

@Fefetim wrote:

Telus. Rogers . Koodoo. Bell and Eastlink is unlimited data and international minutes. I'm stitching to Rogers as of now might be smart if you did that too. At least for the next Month

You can use all the yarn you like on your way to Rogers - they don't actually offer what you claim.

SaskTel is the only wireless carrier I know of (so far) that has announced unlimited wireless domestic data... So I took a look around - reviewing this I see Bell is offering an extra 10GB for 2 billing cycles, but the trend seems to be for free roaming and unlimited home internet...

• Telus: Waiving home internet overage charges for customers without unlimited data plans until April 30, Waiving all Easy Roam®, Travel Passes and pay-per-use roaming charges for postpaid and small business customers until April 30 (ie not Telus prepaid)
  • Rogers: Waiving roam-like-home, and ensuring unpaid accounts aren't disconnected, waiving overages for home internet.
  • Bell: waiving extra usage fees for all residential Internet customers. We will also be providing our consumer and small business customers with Turbo Hubs, Turbo Sticks and MiFi devices an extra 10 GB of domestic usage and a $10 credit on their existing plan for each of their current and next billing cycles.
  • Eastlink: temporarily suspending data limits on all internet plans. (I believe this means wired home internet) waiving international roaming, Free Mobile Long Distance
  • Fido: waiving roaming fees, waiving Canada long distance
  • Virgin: waiving roaming fees
Highlighted

I see that you also have a save $5 on new online  sims offer too. Thanks. https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

Thank you !