cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

@smiley3 wrote:

@computergeek541 I don't think this is saying they are now giving free US roaming.  Just sounds like they are refunding people that bought the add-on because they probably can't use it now, or had to cut their trip short.

Customers don't purchase roaming add-ons more than a day ahead of time because they are in effect as soon as the purchase has been made.  I see this a something to help those are stuck somewhere in the U.S.

I do understand that the customer has to pay for it up-front but the fact that they are issuing a refund for roaming add-ons purchased between March 13 and April 30 does mean that it does ends up being free.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 Oh, I guess that kind of makes sense especially with the "usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory" part.  Although does that mean you just get the rest of the add-on time for free, or is US roaming free until you return to Canada?  It's actually kind of unclear.  Perhaps Public Mobile should clarify better!

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smiley3 wrote:

@computergeek541 Oh, I guess that kind of makes sense especially with the "usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory" part.  Although does that mean you just get the rest of the add-on time for free, or is US roaming free until you return to Canada?  It's actually kind of unclear.  Perhaps Public Mobile should clarify better!

The entire price of the add-on is credited. This is mentioned in the first post of the thread.

Highlighted

@computergeek541 Oh, I see.  It's on until April 30th, so if you run out you can just purchase the add-on again and get it refunded again.  So, they are basically giving free US roaming until April 30th.  I still find it a bit confusing to interpret the original message as free US roaming.  I just thought it was more like a refund for not really using the US roaming that you may have bought when I read it!  Anyways, thanks for clarifying!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K  Thank you for this gesture from public mobile in helping customers who are stuck in the US either by self isolating or just having issues trying to book a flight home. Its awesome to see so many canadian businesses coming together and putting the needs of their customers first rather than profits.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We need Wi-Fi CALLING it is for SAFETY. The border is closed. My phone doesn’t make a call to my mom on her landline from the middle of Vancouver!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I think PM should also consider Temporarily waiver the Data thing

As other carriers like Telus, Bell, Rogers, Virgin, Koodo, Fido have done, shouldn't PM Perhaps follow suit, as long as this Pandemic is still fluttering about

Highlighted

@Alan_K  Thank you to the whole PM team.  I also got the message about Telus donating money to buy medical machines and offering a free online health check.

Totally, wonderfully amazing to see a company like Telus step up in a time of crisis and help in a big way.

Kudos to Telus and PM

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

PM just gave everybody a free 400 minute international long distance add-on a couple months ago, lol.

But this seems to effectively be free unlimited USA/Canada Talk while in USA - although purchased in 10-day increments then refunded before they expire - until Apr 30.

PM still has to work within their system parameters. And their arrangements with USA carriers (AT&T) are not something entirely within their control.

I think it's a clever workaround. And I know some people who will be very grateful to stay in touch while forbidden from coming home across the border because of this contagion. Now they don't have to buy three (or more) add-ons every month.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Telus. Rogers . Koodoo. Bell and Eastlink is unlimited data and international minutes. I'm stitching to Rogers as of now might be smart if you did that too. At least for the next Month