cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

I am laid off of work is there anything you guys are doing to help in this situation 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Rachelanderson 

This being a low budget carrier there's only so much they can do.

What they're offering in help won't help you specifically.

You could change down to the $15 plan and use wifi as much as possible. Even buy the $5 add-on for calling out in Canada. Or have people call you back if they might have unlimited calling.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you PM!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Rachelanderson wrote:

I am laid off of work is there anything you guys are doing to help in this situation 

Consider making use of a free voip app like TextNow. You get a free Cdn number to be able to call / text for FREE as long as you have a wifi signal. There's free wifi in most urban and rural centers nowaday. Shaw just announced that their Shaw GO WIFI is free to anyone for now. Lotsa usable FREE alternatives today. Good luck.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would be nice if they did offer unlimited data for the time being. I live in an area that doesn't get home internet from high speed companies. Instead I must use my data on plan till I can get home internet at decent speeds. My phone gets better speeds then my home internet. Wod be nice because my town doesn't want us anywhere. Glad though they are helping those that couldn't use their roaming.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe  You should see if you qualify for telus my hub. Home internet over mobile service.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe

You might live in an area where "small" service providers offer wireless home internet. Far more options than just Telus and Shaw.

https://www.findinternet.ca/en/

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Cellular-quot-home-quot-internet/td-p/4417...

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth I actually live next to Montreal on a first Nations reservation. Providers just don't service my reservation when towns next to us get them. Sure we get Bell but my road doesn't get their service. I asked multiple times when it's coming for last 3 years and no idea. Just get some crappy local first Nations internet that works well with 1 person. Add 4 people Ina house and I'm better off using my phone data.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't visit the state's but thats cool of public mobile to give for free for people trying to get home.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

Thanks PM!