cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

Amm7bc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated at Walmart and used my existing phone number.

They state it can take up to 2 hours, but my phone was active well under the 2 hour timeframe.

The Walmart employees could not see the promotion listed here though, and I had to pay for the SIM card,  

@Amm7bc wrote:

Walmart can't find this offer? Thoughts?

Take a gamble.  Assuming PM is a good place for you, go ahead. Then request the full credit from Public Mobile. Be sure to activate only a calling/texting plan and not calling/texting/data. @Brooke_C @Alan_K any comment?

Or you can wait until we get an official reply; hopefully before June 30.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Amm7bc

Walmart can't find this offer? Thoughts?

newfoundland

Good deal!

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi jp2,

Thank you for your precious help!  and for the link to send us a private message!  Really appreciated!

Cheers,

Bladimir R.

jp2

If you activated an eligable plan you will need to contact the mods using private message to see about the credit.

If you wish to change your number log into your self serve account and select that option under plan and add on.

agent241
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not received my credit and it has been over two weeks.

Also, when I activated my PM account, I ported-in an out-of-province number. When I try to change it, the system offers numbers, I select one, and then says number change failed. I need a local number.

jp2

It depends if you activated an eligible plan. The credit can take up to 72 hours to be applied. 

Welcome to PM!

Bobsy

I signed up today....do i get the credit? 

MAP

@matbasm OK, thanks!

matbasm

@MAP, you seem to be one day early for the promo.  However, you can always ask the moderators (via private message).  You never know...

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,/Bonjour,

if you have any questions about your account, send us a private message through the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MAP

I activated both my husband and my account with Public on May 10th at Walmart. Any way I would qualify? Thanks! 

jp2

Also ensure it was an eligible plan that you custom made. Talk and text only.

smp99

@Trucker911 wrote:

I signed up on Sunday with public with a build your own plan and I have not received the credit.  Can anyone let me know why I didn’t get it yet please

Wait until Friday. If nothing then, send a message to the moderator team

They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Trucker911

I signed up on Sunday with public with a build your own plan and I have not received the credit.  Can anyone let me know why I didn’t get it yet please

azzaro

Please let me know what plans are included in this offer. Thanks.

@CherylKirby wrote:

If you have data added to "Talk and Text" the  $20 credit isn't applicable. I went back to Walmart because there was an issue with porting my old number and the salesperson at the store had to call Public. Public was really great about it and gave me a credit for the difficulties, but I was told to come back an let them know if I didn't get the $20 credit. When Walmart called to inquire they were told because I added Data I would not get the credit. The Walmart sales person said that the add was misleading and should be clarified.

This is a excerpt taken in verbatim from the OP in this thread.  Honestly, the Walmart agent should walk over to the optician booth and get refitted with new specs.  It is very clear, that the promo is targeted at talk and text plans only.  Perhaps there is a confirmation bias at work here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! This offer is available to new customers only until June 30, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location from now until June 30, 2018, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,

If you have any questions concerning your account, contact us through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have data added to "Talk and Text" the  $20 credit isn't applicable. I went back to Walmart because there was an issue with porting my old number and the salesperson at the store had to call Public. Public was really great about it and gave me a credit for the difficulties, but I was told to come back an let them know if I didn't get the $20 credit. When Walmart called to inquire they were told because I added Data I would not get the credit. The Walmart sales person said that the add was misleading and should be clarified.

jp2

If it was an eligible plan for the credit. Please contact the mods to have them investigate. 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]
    • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
    • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
    • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

affanzaheer

Hello Folks, its about 5 days and I did nto get new activation credit of $20 from Walmart. any help please. thanks

Quinte

I wouldn't say the promotion is misleading; the wording is straightforward enough. It's just that some Wally Mart wireless peeps either don't fully understand it or don't properly communicate it.

CherylKirby

Apparently, if you also purchase data it excludes the offer.

@Vizzy23 Send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation. They will get back to you tomorrow morning. 

CherylKirby

I did the same and went back to Walmart because the salesperson asked me to after 72 hours, He called the "private number" and was told that if you have data on your plan it excludes the offer. The salesperson stated to Public the promotion is misleading. Oops Sorry!

Vizzy23

Hi There, 

I signed up with Public mobile on May 12, 2018 by getting a sim at Walmart. I still do not see the $20 credit showing up on my bill and it is greater than 72 hours.

Mods, please help. 

Vizzy23

David824

I tried getting a sim from Walmart. They told me I had to order it from PM's website directly.

CherylKirby

It doesn't apply if you also add data Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.