Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors- April 2018

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

PUBLICMOBILE_TopContributorBanners_v1-APR_DESIGN_V3_Jan8.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, our Top 0.1%, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

December 2017 Top 0.1%.png

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 0.5% are truly amazing!

April 2018 Top 0.5%.png

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

@Anonymous, @computergeek541, @Someone_here, @matbasm, @stonechucker, @wetcoaster, @koimr1, @Korth, @GreatCanadian, and many more….

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for April! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Contributor Levels.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started – See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Bravo Icon.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Accept as Solution Icon.png

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community wiki.

48 REPLIES 48

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

my rewards have been dropped drastically for 2 months in a row as well, even though my participation had remained the same.

@computergeek541well even using the most obvious metric (bravo) it is clear there were far less given out this month than in previous months

The boards are also far quieter today than in past couple of months

The old rewards never made any sense statistically & I suspect that had alot to do with the generic renaming. Since they kept old badges and reward values anyone can easily convert them to see where they stand (eg in my scenario, I somehow got lowest reward I ever earned, never been at that level since 2015 even! and back then I really did not even post)

But the drastic decrease in rewards & participation does make certain things more obvious (eg bravo not being worth much, since I was still in top10 & solutions being worth far more value than a bravo which I think is related to my lower ranking)

@kav2001c wrote:

Oh cmon it was not clear at all

This way is more generic but less contraversy

@Jonavin wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

What’s “April 2018 - General Reward 4”?

That would be the renamed Top 25%.  Public Mobile appears to have renamed the rewards to line up with the number in the community award badge.

So, Top 25% was not clear enough, they need to invite more cryptic badges?

I'm not so sure about less controversy.  My take on it is that it will stop people from saying that is mathematically doesn't make sense to have more 0.1% people than 0.5% members and other similar examples.

This new naming method is so vague that it could mean just about anything.  While we know that that the general reward levels 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. correspond with the community reward ammounts, Public Mobile is completely secretive about how they award these amounts.  I understsand that there's partially the argument that Public Mobile doesn't want customers to be able to game the system, but Public Mobile's current methods offer no transparency.

This month, there has been a drastic reduction in the payout of community rewards.  The problem I have with this has to do with the fact that without any transparency, Public Mobile could pay out (or not pay out) any amount of community rewards to any amount of community members without having to explain themselves.  This isn't really about getting an extra few dollars for most of us (that's peanuts), but about accountability and clarity about how the program works.  With this month's very large and sudden drop in community payouts (6 oracles, 4-reward 2,  9-reward 3, 51-reward 4, and 64-reward 5), the numbers seem a bit strange.  Now, how much of that is because of reduced amount of customers or reduced community activity, we'll likely never really know.

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats to Everyone!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

Wow the number of contributer dropped off this month

Aftermath of Koodo departures

Well congrats to those who stayed!

Cat Surprised

*edit - hey badge names changed too

Many have migrated away and PM has been quietly fixing things.  

imm1304

Congrats to all the top contributors!

A sincere thank you to all the people who have contributed to making this community bettter.  

Oh cmon it was not clear at all

This way is more generic but less contraversy

@Jonavin wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

That would be the renamed Top 25%.  Public Mobile appears to have renamed the rewards to line up with the number in the community award badge.

Wow the number of contributer dropped off this month

Aftermath of Koodo departures

Well congrats to those who stayed!

Cat Surprised

*edit - hey badge names changed too

CalvinW

anyone else having issues with reward not showing up lately? It’s starting to become tiresome that I have to check every month and message a moderator 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 I have one referral so it's down by $5.00 on my renewal saturday. Every little bit helps.

CalvinW

@SD08 Thanks, I will message a moderator then. Still nothing

The credit already in the account before this new thread is up.

SD08

@CalvinW wrote:

Also, when will the reward show up in my account?

@CalvinW

The monetary reward should have shown up in your account already.  In fact, between the announcement, the badges, and the account credits, it's the credits that usually arrive first.

srlawren

@jp2 wrote:

Thank you everyone! Special thanks to everyone who bravoed my posts and to @srlawren and @Luddite for helping me out with macros. My first month with PM has been a blast.

@jp2 nice to have you around 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

I too have noticed some newer names lately that have been extremely helpful.  It's nice to see the community continue to evolve and grow.  🙂

Congrats to all, named in @Brooke_C's post or not.  If you've helped even one person, you've left the community better than you found it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalvinW

Also, when will the reward show up in my account?

CalvinW

The change in naming scheme is confusing. What is their distribution based on now?

dna2016

That's awesome @brent_liza.  Congrats in acheiving rewards.  I've been with PM since I think last year July and I've only had one month where I didn't get any community rewards, and that was due to me being overseas and not having the time to go online.  It's definitely wroth it to contribute, and see how your payments can reduce.  Recommend try and get one or 2 referrals also, every little bit adds up.

dna2016

Congrats to all those who contributed to the community forum and were rewarded for their efforts.  Great to see people working together to help one another, and at the same time be recognized nad reasonably rewarded for it.  

Great Job Everyone.

@Brooke_C, are you able to update everyone as to what the Reward levels are.  General reward level 1 is very "general"  I am sure some can make the conversion from the percentage rewards but not everyone.  So I think it would worthwhile to update the rewards section or make a separate post explaining them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@danielj wrote:

Have people gotten their badges or rewards for the month of April? Usually they come into affected before the message.

@danielj

Yes, the April badges have been added to our profiles.  They have different descriptions now, with a number indicating the reward level earned instead of a percentage, along with the month it was credited for. 

jp2

Thank you everyone! Special thanks to everyone who bravoed my posts and to @srlawren and @Luddite for helping me out with macros. @. My first month with PM has been a blast.

I don't know why there is an extra at symbol in my post but I can't delete it on mobile? 

SD08

@shartomjam wrote:

Congratulations to all our reward recipients!  I also noticed that the number of members receiving community rewards is down from last month - last month top 25% - 68 members, this month top 50% - 64 members.  

Also, for the first time that I can recall since I joined, there are fewer 0.5% badge recipients than there are 0.1%.  Granted, the numbers were never really proportionally accurate, but there were always at least more in the 0.5% group.  

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to all our reward recipients!  I also noticed that the number of members receiving community rewards is down from last month - last month top 25% - 68 members, this month top 50% - 64 members.  

danielj

Have people gotten their badges or rewards for the month of April? Usually they come into affected before the message.

Possible makes some people consider that it might be on the lines of a system glitch as @MoreYummy suggested.

danielj

Congratulations to all the contributors. Let us continue to make Public Mobile better together.

The amount of people get rewards drop significantly.   Many left or system glitch.

Lg85

Another month gone by already! Congratulations to all members who have earned rewards! Nice to see some new faces joining the community and making valuable contributions! Keep up the great work! 

@Jonavin wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.