cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill

Pinada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public Mobile since August of 2018. Every year my bil has been decreasingIn april my bill was 36.96 now for the month of May and June my bill has gone back to where it was in 2018 for 44.80.. I need my bil to go back  to where it was which is 36.96 and every year  (August) $1 removed from the amount

5 REPLIES 5

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You should definitely change your plan if you're still on one from 2018. There's even a $34 plan that includes both calls to the US and roaming while in the US with 50GB of data. 

RezaK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you are now receiving points instead of 1$ discount!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Pinada 

you might be better to just change your plan to $34 with 50Gb's data. If you do, make sure to select Change at Renewal..

save.png

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Pinada 

everyone used to be on the old rewards are now paying more now, PM migrated everyone to Public Points.  But the points help to lower your bill eventually, just need to get enough and redeem for bill credit , 15 points for $15 bill credit

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pinada 

PM has ended the old rewards system and you are now on Public Points.  On this new system, you pay the plan price in full first and collect points to knock off the bill payment later (15 points for $15 bill credit)

what plan you have?  you have a $40 plan?  did you check the current $34 plan? maybe you can change to that and save the $6 again

some background to the plan change

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% back in point on your plan renewal or add-on purchases from credit card or vouchers
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will 10 points on your Anniversary day with PM every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.