cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't send or receive SMS

NadkaPiratka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue starting this morning. It says 'waiting to connect' below the sms and the Public mobile icon is white, as I have no coverage. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hubertzh1

Me too. Have the same issues; Haven't been resolved until now

RezaK

If your iPhone is showing "waiting to connect" and the Public Mobile icon is white, indicating no coverage, here are some steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check for Outages: Visit Public Mobile's website or check their community forum to see if there are any reported outages in your area.

2. Restart Your Phone: A simple restart can often resolve connectivity issues.

3. Toggle Airplane Mode: Turn on Airplane Mode for about 10 seconds, then turn it off. This can reset your connection to the cellular network.

4. Check SIM Card: Remove the SIM card, inspect it for any damage, and reinsert it. Ensure it's properly seated.

5. Update Carrier Settings: Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

6. Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will erase saved Wi-Fi passwords.

7. Check Cellular Settings: Go to Settings > Cellular and ensure Cellular Data is enabled. Check if you have enabled any data restrictions or low data mode.

8. Contact Customer Support: If the issue persists, reach out to Public Mobile’s customer support for assistance. They can check if there are any issues with your account or the network in your area.

9. Try Another Location: Sometimes, moving to a different location can help determine if the issue is related to a specific area with poor coverage.

10. Update iOS: Ensure your iPhone's iOS is up to date, as updates often include fixes for connectivity issues.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be a hardware problem with your phone or SIM card, and visiting an Apple Store or an authorized service provider would be advisable

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you are not the only one today. Many had problem with voice and some with text

Need Help? Let's chat.