cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

Just switched my plan great deal!!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Effort wrote:

Not as great as Koodo offer because you'll need to work for the rewards to lower the price to Koodo's base price.

It's good for me (though I'm not everyone of course, and not sure I'll switch from $40/4.5GB, this is only another 0.5GB more than $45 plan before), I get $3/mo for Loyalty ($4 starting Dec) and $2 for Autopay, so I'd be at $40/6GB or $35/4.5GB. Plus I've got 2 Refer-a-Friend rewards and potential Community rewards, though neither of those is guaranteed. Plus I have the option to pay for only 10mo/yr if I'm away for an extended period (again not everyone can benefit from this).

The $50 plan is more interesting, with a bigger bump from 6.5GB to 8GB, though note there's still a DIY $50 plan in Plan Builder that's 6.5GB of 3G and includes unlimited calls from Canada to US. PM has an impressive lineup of 3G-data-rich plans now:

$40/4.5GB

$45/6GB

$50/8GB

$50/6.5GB+(calls to US)

=aw

@will13am wrote:

Seeing that this is a low cost alternative, the hot promo would be something of a lower price, say $25/1.5GB, $30/2.5GB or $35/3.5GB which fits nicely with the current $40/4.5GB deal.  

I agree those would be good, but I think the goal is to move people _up_ in revenue not down. Smiley Happy I was going from $30/500MB to $35/1GB but was not interested in $40/2GB, because my usage was almost always <1GB (on my previous grandfathered plan) with a little caution and a data add-on would be cheaper. 

But when $40/4GB was offered, it was worth $5 as it let me change my behaviour to really not caring. Smiley Happy I'm happy with $40/4.5GB and won't jump to $45/6GB. My needs have a potential to change, but I'd probably go with $50/6.5GB+(Canada-US) and not $50/8GB+(Canada-wide).

Bravo to PM for continuing to compete.

=aw

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know how long is the offer for?

Thanks

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, I am sure.  I've attempted multiple times sending the offer text to 5130 - no response.

Maybe I just don't use enough data to be considered.

Not likely, unused data is the most profitable. Smiley Happy As my mother used to say (about Coleman's mustard), "Mr. Coleman makes his money from what people leave on the plate".

=aw

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

How about a $30 or even a $35 promotion. Its always $40+

Where is the 90 day plan love?

How about instead of throwing data around they offer a $10 unlimited Canada-wide with full texting. Keep the add-ons but even add a texting add-on for completeness.

@popping wrote:

I will switch my $45/5.5GB plan to $45/6GB plan on my next renewal date.  I am hoping that plan change to a plan with the same dollor amount will renew fine. 

On second thought, I think I will do the plan change one day before my next due date.  I don't want to wait for a week to restore service.

Isn't it better to book it now as a change on next renewal date? Or is there a bug I overlooked?

=aw

Mayor / Maire

@billychan08, as with every limited time offer, no one knows how long, until Public either ends the offer outright or provides an expiry date.

These offers could disappear in 3 hours, or 30 days.  We have no clue.

Mayor / Maire

@ottawa, in the particular change you're asking about ($45 for 4.5 to $45 for 6.0) as it's the same price and same term length, there should be no problem with the change.   The plan is holding steady on both length and cost.

Errors have been found when costs change (up or down) and possibly a problem when changing plan lengths (although less likely).

Thanks, I'll be careful not to recommend price changes to friends then, at least until I see discussion the bug's fixed. Smiley Happy

=aw