cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

Great to see new offers!

 

However, even if you forget about the migration offer, Koodo is currently offering 8 gb LTE data for $49 in Quebec! If you consider $2 off for autopay, it's only $1 more to get LTE instead of 3G...

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!


@popping wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

Nice.

I'm waiting for $35 4GB  - just a suggestion


PM has to fix the "plan change to lower value plan on renewal day" bug first before offering the $35/4GB plan.  Otherwise, the moderator wait time will be extra long if this is offered.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...


Yes - I did think of the "bug" for new plan at reduced rates and it's potential issues. So I am not holding my breath.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

I will switch my $45/5.5GB plan to $45/6GB plan on my next renewal date.  I am hoping that plan change to a plan with the same dollor amount will renew fine. 

 

On second thought, I think I will do the plan change one day before my next due date.  I don't want to wait for a week to restore service.

 

Will the scheduled plan change on the next renewal date be cancelled if I change plan before my renewal date?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!


@popping wrote:

 Will the scheduled plan change on the next renewal date be cancelled if I change plan before my renewal date?


Yes! You can also cancel a scheduled plan change anytime Smiley Wink

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

How about a $30 or even a $35 promotion. Its always $40+

 

Where is the 90 day plan love?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

@popping, I had no problem with the same length, same dollar amount change previously.  You should be good to schedule the plan change now.  I was on the $120 90 day plan back in 2016 before the 2016 Promo came out.  It was a smooth transition.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

@RobertQc PM seems to be shying away from the 90 day plans.  I think they are finding new customers get confused by the duration and it's harder for people to compare to other monthly plans at other providers.  This is all speculation but recent behaviour of including Canada-wide talk for no extra cost on 30 day plans and changing the pricing so that it's almost never cheaper to get a 90 day plan even if you only want province-wide calling and also running promos only on 30 day plans really seem to back up this theory.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!


@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc PM seems to be shying away from the 90 day plans.  I think they are finding new customers get confused by the duration and it's harder for people to compare to other monthly plans at other providers.  This is all speculation but recent behaviour of including Canada-wide talk for no extra cost on 30 day plans and changing the pricing so that it's almost never cheaper to get a 90 day plan even if you only want province-wide calling and also running promos only on 30 day plans really seem to back up this theory.


Also, I know if I was a customer on a 90 day plan but considering taking up a Koodo migration offer at some point, I'd switch to a 30 day plan asap. A lot of people finding out that they JUST renewed 90 days but want to switch to Koodo - so they lose a lot of that prepaid money.

Oracle

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!


@popping wrote:

I will switch my $45/5.5GB plan to $45/6GB plan on my next renewal date.  I am hoping that plan change to a plan with the same dollor amount will renew fine. 

 

On second thought, I think I will do the plan change one day before my next due date.  I don't want to wait for a week to restore service.

 

Will the scheduled plan change on the next renewal date be cancelled if I change plan before my renewal date?


I have never seem or heard of any discussion of keeping the future date option on while early renewing.  I would imagine that it should cancel.  It is easier just to turn it off.  I would not worry about failure to renew.  You know the problems when going to a lower priced plan.  Being informed, you know how to work around the issue. 

Oracle

Re: Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45! OR Get 8 GB at 3G speeds for $50!

And again no love for LTE promos Smiley Frustrated. Looks like this one will also lead to migration to koodo. 


I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.